[APP][2.1+]Virtual Wheel Beta 0.2

OP tincanman

19th April 2013, 01:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 45

50 posts
Hi Everyone,

This is the first app that I've publish, so any constructive criticisms are welcome.

Vritual Wheel:
This app allows you to use your android device as a wireless steering wheel to control racing/driving games on your PC.
Your android device and computer must be on the same network for this to work (meaning same router/switch).

This app currently works with both 32 and 64 bit Windows.

Installation and usage instructions are in the app description on the Play market.

Link:

Please leave me some feedbacks in this thread on what you like and what you don't like. Also what you want (other than the planned features) and any bugs (please also tell me what device and version of Android you are running).

Code:
Changelog:
v0.1:
Initial Release
v0.2:
Added steering angle adjustments and deadzone.
Added 64 bit support.
Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phone.png
Views:	3950
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1894101   Click image for larger version

Name:	tablet.png
Views:	3891
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1894102  
Last edited by tincanman; 29th April 2013 at 11:29 PM.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to tincanman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2013, 03:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag cheshire
Thanks Meter: 76

305 posts
id noticed your post on lfs forum earlier on so downloaded it, il be going on lfs soon so will give this a try and leave feedback
22nd April 2013, 11:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

50 posts
Thanks. My computer's graphics card just died on me yesterday, so I won't be able to do much development. Going to take about 3 days for the new GPU to come in. I plan to implement adjustable steering angle, calibration, and hopefully bluetooth communication in the next update. 64-bit is a bit harder than I thought, so that is currently delayed.
The Following User Says Thank You to tincanman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2013, 12:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincanman

Thanks. My computer's graphics card just died on me yesterday, so I won't be able to do much development. Going to take about 3 days for the new GPU to come in. I plan to implement adjustable steering angle, calibration, and hopefully bluetooth communication in the next update. 64-bit is a bit harder than I thought, so that is currently delayed.

It's a fantastic app from what I can see. I'm using a 64bit pc so I'm eagerly awaiting the 64 bit release!

EDIT: Is there anyway to run it on a 64 bit pc as a 32 bit app or something? Like "Compatability mode" etc?
Last edited by mtb_kng; 23rd April 2013 at 12:35 PM.
24th April 2013, 04:35 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb_kng

It's a fantastic app from what I can see. I'm using a 64bit pc so I'm eagerly awaiting the 64 bit release!

EDIT: Is there anyway to run it on a 64 bit pc as a 32 bit app or something? Like "Compatability mode" etc?

Unfortunately no. The 64 bit support has to do with the driver. Currently, I estimate about 1-2 weeks before I can get the 64 bit support working. So hang in there, it's coming
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tincanman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2013, 12:49 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

50 posts
Ok, finally got my GPU. Just compiled the 64bit drivers, and tested to be working fine. All I have to do now is implement them into the installation package. 64 bit coming this weekend
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tincanman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2013, 02:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag cheshire
Thanks Meter: 76

305 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincanman

Ok, finally got my GPU. Just compiled the 64bit drivers, and tested to be working fine. All I have to do now is implement them into the installation package. 64 bit coming this weekend

good to hear, im on a 64 bit machine so would find these useful, i look forward to testing it on live for speed,
28th April 2013, 10:28 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

50 posts
v0.2
Added steering angle adjustments and deadzone
Also added 64-bit support (I am still learning Windows Driver Development, so the implementation is not very efficient and clean. Hopefully I will be able to design a clean custom driver for both 32 and 64 bit within the next month)
28th April 2013, 10:33 PM   |  #9  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 72

448 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wow this is a sweet idea :P

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
28th June 2013, 03:29 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

51 posts
How to make this app works with City Car Driving or Need For Speed Underground 2?
Would you give a way to configure it on PC (in games)?

Thanks...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
joystick, racing, steering, wheel, wireless
Previous Thread Next Thread