[ROM][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Acer A510 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

These unofficial builds are based on the CM t30 Kernel available at https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_acer_t30

All my specific device tree can be integrated in the CyanogenMod project.

Downloads
http://acer.shreps.fr

Installation
  1. Install CWM recovery (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1866378)
  2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  3. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Install the Google Apps Addon (Gapps for 4.2.2)
  5. Wipe data if coming from stock

Last edited:

meikelrix

Jun 5, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Hi shreps,
if you don't mind: do you see any chance to post some instructions on how to merge/use your hardware branch for the building process of CM? I've tried to get more info on that, but just got lost in documentation.

Many thanks in advance for any hint/tip
best regards
m

Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
NICE Rom!
Works like charm!
Fast and responsive, just how I like it!
Tried Games ( Sonic, Monopoly, Dead Slinger ), TomTom Europe and watching some videos - works perfect!
But where can I choose a CPU governeur? Or is that impossible on CM? Does it manage these things by itself?

Rebel_lord

Jan 8, 2008
Shreps you're awesome man :)

I too like another poster said would like to know where we can learn to make our own builds.

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
Hi shreps,
if you don't mind: do you see any chance to post some instructions on how to merge/use your hardware branch for the building process of CM? I've tried to get more info on that, but just got lost in documentation.

Many thanks in advance for any hint/tip
best regards
m

Shreps you're awesome man :)

I too like another poster said would like to know where we can learn to make our own builds.

You can follow the Instruction Build for A700 : http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_a700
When you are at "Prepare the device-specific code "

"breakfast a510" will not work because you will have to add the a510 device tree manually
you will need all the configuration files in device/acer/a510

I made my own a510 device tree based on a700, t30-common and a510 device tree by AOKP

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyperfish

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
NICE Rom!
Works like charm!
Fast and responsive, just how I like it!
Tried Games ( Sonic, Monopoly, Dead Slinger ), TomTom Europe and watching some videos - works perfect!
But where can I choose a CPU governeur? Or is that impossible on CM? Does it manage these things by itself?

Glad to read that :)

There is no Governor settings in CM by default, if you're interested with this feature, check my other ROM : 7comp

Reactions: Hyperfish

Rusty_Gunn

Jun 30, 2012
maybe a silly questions, but to upgrade from the first to second version, can i just reflash the second one over top? i assume ill have to reflash gapps as well? i dont really want to have to reinstall all my apps again.

H1ken

Feb 16, 2013
Jakarta/Tashkent
How to change ui to tablet UI?
P.s works good, but some display troubles, its blinking, and 2 times play store fc

Sent from my A510 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

nicographx

Apr 22, 2013
Thanks a lot for your ROM, I just install it to replace the stock ROM, and waohh, fluidity, responsive, excelent !!

For upgrading the build April 18 to April 20, you said before :
"flash the new build over the old one, flash Gapps and make wipe cache + wipe dalvick cache"

After this we need to reinstall all the app or a510 just being updating (same as OTA cyanogen on others devices)

Thanks for supporting this device !!!

lab-star

May 6, 2011
Everything works great so far. I have noticed one bug though. When I want to change the soft button arrangement, the settings-app gets stuck in landscape orientation.

Thanks for building CM for us !!! :good:

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

How to change ui to tablet UI?

There is not tablet ui in cm10.1, just like on stock.

The UI of CM is different to that of the stock firmware. Take a look at the UI of the Nexus 10, it looks the same. But in my opinion, the Acer UI had some advantages.

lab-star

May 6, 2011
Another report: The browser seems a bit unstable when opening big sites. For example it freezes in my tablet when I open sites an watch embedded youtube-videos. It even got stuck on amazon.com.

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
Another report: The browser seems a bit unstable when opening big sites. For example it freezes in my tablet when I open sites an watch embedded youtube-videos. It even got stuck on amazon.com.

Thanks for reporting, but this might be some CyanogenMod "common" issues on nightlies
I don't have time to make some CM patches ;)

But I will try (if I found the time) to build a new build every week in order to benefits CM changes made
And you (all of you guys) will be able to compare builds and indicates wich build is the most stable ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

These unofficial builds are based on the CM t30 Kernel available at https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_acer_t30

All my specific device tree can be integrated in the CyanogenMod project.

Downloads
    http://acer.shreps.fr

Installation
    1. Install CWM recovery (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1866378)
    2. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Install the Google Apps Addon (Gapps for 4.2.2)
    5. Wipe data if coming from stock

Because this is not "official", there will not be a "Final Release", only nightlies :p
    I will make a new build, and maybe flag it as "Stable" on my web site, but that's all
    Hello guys,

I think I manage to make 10.1.2 works, please try 20130714 and let me know !
    @Liquidator , you should try : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1724078
    I created a CWM-flashable update.zip for enabling Tablet UI using Autopatcher (so... I guess essentially all I did was let Autopatcher create that file). It seems to be working; only problem I'm experiencing is the battery+percentage symbol looking a little small and the circle+percentage symbol seems stuck on 0%, but that's nothing I can't cope with. When I flashed gapps the nav buttons disappeared too while entering login information, but once I was done they returned and they seem to be working fine for me now.

Here's a screenshot (I hope this works):

The patch I'm including is for Shrep's cm-10.1-20130630 build. There's a file used to enable TabletUI and the other with the original files from Shreps used to restore the middle-centered original version. It works for me but with anything on XDA, there's no guarantee it won't set your tablet on fire so in doubt patch the files yourselves. No guarantees :)

Enables TabletUI:
    cm-10.1-20130630-UNOFFICIAL-a510-tabletUI-20130702-update.zip - MD5: 737710e584a8f2734b8f3c006c51ed36

Restores original centered UI (well, didn't try this out, I loves me the Tablet UI)
    cm-10.1-20130630-UNOFFICIAL-a510-20130702-restore.zip - MD5: 1a7c59a99cc008e1fe79f552c00d3c0e

Hope this helps you peeps who also wanted TabletUI :)
    @Shreps
    Hey man, I know you're really busy and you doing a really great job here but are there any plannings for Android 4.3? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4

Waiting for the Cyano Team to make a version a little stable and waiting for some dev on Tegra 3, then maybe I will plan on making an A510 version ;)