[Q&A Thread][KERNEL][T] DooMKernel {JB}

Search This thread

Arcano

Jan 3, 2008
Many thanks, it worked.

Can I ask you which program you used to create it, as notepad++ does not seem to work for me on my windows 7.

If I use a notepad on my ububtu dual boot will that work?

I use notepad++ myself, on win7 too. However I don't remember if I used that one or directly typed it on my phone with Root Explorer.

romcio47

Nov 27, 2010
Bydgoszcz
Odp: [Q&A Thread][KERNEL][T] DooMKernel {JB}

Undervolting seems to deal a major hit to the battery life. After setting all voltages to -100 of its original value the batter lasts for 3/4 hours less than on stock voltages. I was using init.d script and after deleting it, the battery life is again the same as before undervolting.

(Anyway it still sucks, it was way better on ICS (especially .195). I hope DooMLoRD will manage to fight with these stupid glitches that shortens the battery life)

Regards

Reactions: DooMLoRD

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Undervolting seems to deal a major hit to the battery life. After setting all voltages to -100 of its original value the batter lasts for 3/4 hours less than on stock voltages. I was using init.d script and after deleting it, the battery life is again the same as before undervolting.

(Anyway it still sucks, it was way better on ICS (especially .195). I hope DooMLoRD will manage to fight with these stupid glitches that shortens the battery life)

Regards

Thanks for the report... We will investigate this further... Till then why don't u try the apps mentioned in the first post of the kernel thread to see what apps are eating into the battery...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator

Regards

That makes no sense, if its running at less voltage it is using less power.

Are you saying a full charge last 45 minutes (3/4 hour) less than normal...thats hardly much or are you saying it lasts 3 to 4 hours less than usual?
If so, over how many days did you compare this? I think its best to ru it for a week on one setting and then compare it with a week on a new setting....there is a tendency to use your phone more when you have flashed something new so that also eats battery due to the user "playing" with the new things they have just flashed

romcio47

Nov 27, 2010
Bydgoszcz
Thanks for the report... We will investigate this further... Till then why don't u try the apps mentioned in the first post of the kernel thread to see what apps are eating into the battery...

Ok, I will do this.

That makes no sense, if its running at less voltage it is using less power.

Are you saying a full charge last 45 minutes (3/4 hour) less than normal...thats hardly much or are you saying it lasts 3 to 4 hours less than usual?
If so, over how many days did you compare this? I think its best to ru it for a week on one setting and then compare it with a week on a new setting....there is a tendency to use your phone more when you have flashed something new so that also eats battery due to the user "playing" with the new things they have just flashed

My mistake. I mean 3 to 4 hours.

I did some tests for 6 days. 3 days with UV and 3 days without. I managed to use the phone in exactly the same way every day (my "normal" day is very specific). And with UV my phone was always dead earlier. Usually without UV it was about 2 am and with UV it was 10 to 11 pm, sometimes it lasted longer.

Or maybe -100 on every frequency is not good? Visually stable but unstable inside in the system... I will try with -50.

baz@gmx.co.uk

Dec 2, 2010
okay, so i am goona sound totally NOOB but here is my question..
I have installed latest JB via flashtool, so consequently lost root and recovery of course!
After realising i need a recovery to flash this kernel I did this:
Used fastboot to install Sylah's kernel (so i had access to a recovery)
Then flashed Doom kernel via recovery!
So no now I have JB 9 1 A 1 140 with DoomKernel :victory: !!

Could I have done this an easier way? I also don't seem to have root, no Superuser app etc.. What am I missing :/ how can I get root (sorry if I am wasting peoples time - been off the forums for a while!!)

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
okay, so i am goona sound totally NOOB but here is my question..
I have installed latest JB via flashtool, so consequently lost root and recovery of course!
After realising i need a recovery to flash this kernel I did this:
Used fastboot to install Sylah's kernel (so i had access to a recovery)
Then flashed Doom kernel via recovery!
So no now I have JB 9 1 A 1 140 with DoomKernel :victory: !!

Could I have done this an easier way? I also don't seem to have root, no Superuser app etc.. What am I missing :/ how can I get root (sorry if I am wasting peoples time - been off the forums for a while!!)

yes,

extract the kernel.elf from dooms kernel, flash that in fastboot and then flash the .zip in recovery to get wifi modules. Basically the same as your way but no need to download another kernel.

Once you are on doomkernel you will have root because its an insecure kernel. You just need to flash the rootpackage to get the required apps to manage root
RootPackage-gregbradley.zip - 1.75 MB

Reactions: cmajetic

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
ZRam feature is not implemented, I guess. Could be interesting? (I've never tried...)

s940068

Oct 6, 2012
Can I install this kernel after I installed clockworkmod for locked bootloader?
PS:I have unlocked the bootloader

phreax9802

Hi,

I've been trying to change my governor and i/o scheduler but my changes never seem to stick. Tried with different superuser apps, rom toolbox pro, voltage control lite, pimp my rom..all didn't work. Did I miss anything?

I really want to try wheatley governor. Appreciate any help.

Top Liked Posts