[ROOT] How to Root Walton Primo G1 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (MT6577)

Search This thread

thebdcoder

Apr 15, 2011
Syedpur
I have got many request on XDA and also from my friends that after upgrading Walton Primo G1 to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 they aren't able to root their device as before with one click root ( script ) ....

So many of them refused to update ... :p

Well just finished writing a script that seems to root Walton Primo G1 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 .. ( just rooted 5 G1 yesterday so don't worry ) . You have to flash the .zip through CWM ...

This Script will work on almost every MT6577 and still on testing on Further MT65XX besed processor with Jelly Bean Rom....
So Stay tuned to this post ..

Here is the details instruction on how to install CWM and Root your Desired G1 Jelly Bean 4.1.1

First Download the Attachment file and save it to some place safe ...

Transfer the Jelly_bean_root_6577.zip file to your device sdcard .......

Open your version of SP Flash Tools ( the one that you have used to upgrade to JB ) ..

Load the MTK scatter file from attachment and then trick recovery and browse the downloaded file ( recovery-cwm -jb.img ) ... then hit download and turn off your primo g1 pull out the battery and reinsert it , then connect it with mini usb cable ( with or without battery )..... and you will see these pic below ...

You can also use my previous CWM from Walton Android Shop thread here .... But this one has just compiled besed on the stock jelly bean 4.1.1 recovery ...

Untitled_255_copy.jpg

then it will start to flash CWM to your primo g1 ..

Untitled_1_copy.jpg

if everything goes alright then you will get this pic below ..

Untitled_25_copy.jpg

CWM has just being flashed to your primo ... Go to recovery mode by Power + Vol up Button ( let go when you will see the walton logo .. )

In CWM go to Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sd > choose the Jelly_bean_root_6577.zip file and > apply yes ... then resart your device ..

Congratulation ... :good: your Primo G1 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 has been rooted ...

If you are thinking to copy this thread to another forum .... ( ..i have seen many duplicate copies ..) then you are most welcomed but you should include this main XDA thread with copy... in this way the user will not be confused ... becz i continuously updates my post according to user request and submitted bug ... so those changes didn't reach to the other duplicated copy i suppose ... :eek:

Attachments

• Jelly_bean_root_6577.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 5,410
  • MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
    457 bytes · Views: 7,184
Last edited:

Shuvo_bd

Sep 16, 2011
Dhaka
howdy brother. great work. though i m not using primo G1, but i noticed many people were frustrated about rooting JB. anyways congratulation.
btw, i m using W125 based on MTK 6589, which is also exact copy of xolo q800. but the rooting method is not working for us. i dont know why. trying to root using the method that xolo uses, many people have already lost their stock recovery. So any chance that we will see ur magic again. once again, keep it up brother. we need people like u in our android community.

Reactions: xylu and gopinb

thebdcoder

Apr 15, 2011
Syedpur
howdy brother. great work. though i m not using primo G1, but i noticed many people were frustrated about rooting JB. anyways congratulation.
btw, i m using W125 based on MTK 6589, which is also exact copy of xolo q800. but the rooting method is not working for us. i dont know why. trying to root using the method that xolo uses, many people have already lost their stock recovery. So any chance that we will see ur magic again. once again, keep it up brother. we need people like u in our android community.

well can you pull the stock recovery.img from your phone and provide it here .... then i will try to compile one cwm besed on stock then you can use my script to root your jb ....

Now type in adb :

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 of=/sdcard/recovery.img

Akta file recovery.img name sdcard e joma hobe....

musfiqus

Apr 9, 2013
Dhaka
Bro, I think it's time to put some custom roms. I have some custom rom for fly iq441 based on lewa 4.1.2. It's also rebranded gionee gn700w, so porting might be possible. I flashed them, but faced bootloop issue I think you have much talent to do this. I'm just a kid now (just attended ssc exam 2013) :p But I tried my best. Please inform me if u figure it out :laugh:
pastebin[dot]com[/]YWb4vLJZ

Reactions: Exciterxtc

thebdcoder

Apr 15, 2011
Syedpur
Bro, I think it's time to put some custom roms. I have some custom rom for fly iq441 based on lewa 4.1.2. It's also rebranded gionee gn700w, so porting might be possible. I flashed them, but faced bootloop issue I think you have much talent to do this. I'm just a kid now (just attended ssc exam 2013) :p But I tried my best. Please inform me if u figure it out :laugh:
pastebin[dot]com[/]YWb4vLJZ

Bro Custom Rom development is not possible without a proper device ...

Reactions: musfiqus

thebdcoder

Apr 15, 2011
Syedpur
Great job bro :good:
Successfully flashed CWM :D
but when i went to flash the Jelly_bean_root_6577.zip file through CWM,it shows error :crying:

it show the same error fao the internal memory

what to do mate? :confused:

what kind device are you using bro ?? ..... can you provice the log file ?? ... go to advanced and then copy log file to sdcard then attach the log here .....

azfallon

Apr 29, 2013
Dude i tried this on my cp:

O+ 8.6
Android ver. 4.1.1
CPU: MT6577

it says:BROM ERROR: S_FT_NEEDED_DOWNLOAD_ALL_FAIL (4050)

Need download all images!

[HINT]:
DA partial download is ONLY allowed under following prerequisite:1 All images have been downloaded to target before, and target could boot up; 2 the image layout map on target is same as the load that is to be downloaded.

help me please i think i can make this work :D i really believe in your rooting pattern.

thebdcoder

Apr 15, 2011
Syedpur
Dude i tried this on my cp:

O+ 8.6
Android ver. 4.1.1
CPU: MT6577

it says:BROM ERROR: S_FT_NEEDED_DOWNLOAD_ALL_FAIL (4050)

Need download all images!

[HINT]:
DA partial download is ONLY allowed under following prerequisite:1 All images have been downloaded to target before, and target could boot up; 2 the image layout map on target is same as the load that is to be downloaded.

help me please i think i can make this work :D i really believe in your rooting pattern.

I Know what that means..... if your device is not g1 then attach the stock recovery.img here.... and u will get a cwm for ur device then... and then u can flash......

sayedakram

Feb 21, 2011
Dhaka
hboots

Vaiya , what about the hboots in G1 , whats the Stock hboot size system/cache/data , and does it have any other page for custom ROMs for G1 in XDA thread ? and if there is , do we have to always install the ROM via Flash tool or via CWM by "install from sd card" .. and the last question , will fastboot commander work with G1?? .. Thnx in advance and great work!! really appriciate :) .. ! :cyclops:

Last edited:

thebdcoder

Apr 15, 2011
Syedpur
Hboot is found in HTC devices and considered as baseband
b2b doesn't have a hboot but basebrand could be found in preloader , dsp may be..... And there is no custom Rom for g1 . It us a new device. And fastboot command works on almost All Android and so as g1.
Sent from my Walton Primo using xda premium :)

sayedakram

Feb 21, 2011
Dhaka
Ok!! Thnx a lot for the info it was real helpful .. and bro is there any other way for upgrading walton primo g1 to 4.1.1 instead of using the default flash tool way?? Thnkx :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have got many request on XDA and also from my friends that after upgrading Walton Primo G1 to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 they aren't able to root their device as before with one click root ( script ) ....

So many of them refused to update ... :p

Well just finished writing a script that seems to root Walton Primo G1 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 .. ( just rooted 5 G1 yesterday so don't worry ) . You have to flash the .zip through CWM ...

This Script will work on almost every MT6577 and still on testing on Further MT65XX besed processor with Jelly Bean Rom....
    So Stay tuned to this post ..

Here is the details instruction on how to install CWM and Root your Desired G1 Jelly Bean 4.1.1

First Download the Attachment file and save it to some place safe ...

Transfer the Jelly_bean_root_6577.zip file to your device sdcard .......

Open your version of SP Flash Tools ( the one that you have used to upgrade to JB ) ..

Load the MTK scatter file from attachment and then trick recovery and browse the downloaded file ( recovery-cwm -jb.img ) ... then hit download and turn off your primo g1 pull out the battery and reinsert it , then connect it with mini usb cable ( with or without battery )..... and you will see these pic below ...

You can also use my previous CWM from Walton Android Shop thread here .... But this one has just compiled besed on the stock jelly bean 4.1.1 recovery ...

Untitled_255_copy.jpg

then it will start to flash CWM to your primo g1 ..

Untitled_1_copy.jpg

if everything goes alright then you will get this pic below ..

Untitled_25_copy.jpg

CWM has just being flashed to your primo ... Go to recovery mode by Power + Vol up Button ( let go when you will see the walton logo .. )

In CWM go to Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sd > choose the Jelly_bean_root_6577.zip file and > apply yes ... then resart your device ..

Congratulation ... :good: your Primo G1 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 has been rooted ...

If you are thinking to copy this thread to another forum .... ( ..i have seen many duplicate copies ..) then you are most welcomed but you should include this main XDA thread with copy... in this way the user will not be confused ... becz i continuously updates my post according to user request and submitted bug ... so those changes didn't reach to the other duplicated copy i suppose ... :eek:
    From my own phone. I followed some of your links and it lead me to some tut on how to get the stock rec. Ok gonna try it once i get home.

Ihave another question is it ok for me to use the jelly bean.zip file you provided?

Sent from my O+ 8.6 Android using xda app-developers app

which .zip file ? and i know that it is frm ur phone but i think ur phone must have a model number ...:confused:
    ok it took me some tutorials to get the recovery.img forgive me here it is now. I hope you can help me. I'm so desperate.

here is the compiled CWM besed on your provided recovery.img . :good: ... and from which device did you pull out the recovery.img ?
    i've tried ur method on my tablet with JB 4.1.1 and base on MT8377 chip but didnt succeed. i think there is only a small different between MT6577 and MT8377. can u help me to make my custom cwm base on MT8377. i've tried almost every tools that publish in xda. hope i get good news from u... thanks ahead

BB Chip: MT8377
    MS Board: A9
    Modem: MAUI.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V18
    UBoot ver: Unknown
    Kernel ver: 3.4.0
    Android ver: 4.1.1
    SW ver: ALPS.JB.MP.V1.5
    Custom build: A9_01
    Flash recovery not support

I have compiled one CWM based on your stock recovery ... try it and post back ...