Pioneer appradio 2 & arliberator app

Search This thread

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
So I'm not sure if this is considered an accessory but in my book it is :D

I just bought the Pioneer appradio 2 and Android connection kit, once I receive the hardware and wire them up in my car I plan to install arliberator which is in the play store. It is supposed to mirror my screen to the appradio as well as the touch function so basically I will be able to use and operate all the apps on my 1X+ right from the screen. Does anyone else have any experience using this setup with the 1X+? The Pioneer website says that our device is compatible. Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X+

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
Update: works great and all functions work 100%. Only problem is the phone gets super hot up to 117°F , I tried using screen standby but I can't seem to get it to keep the screen off. Until I find a way to keep my phone from getting baked I'm going to use an iPod touch 4th gen which I bought for the purpose of using it as a beater, I don't want to ruin my beautiful 1X+ :D

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

cockrobin

Jan 23, 2013
So I'm not sure if this is considered an accessory but in my book it is :D

I just bought the Pioneer appradio 2 and Android connection kit, once I receive the hardware and wire them up in my car I plan to install arliberator which is in the play store. It is supposed to mirror my screen to the appradio as well as the touch function so basically I will be able to use and operate all the apps on my 1X+ right from the screen. Does anyone else have any experience using this setup with the 1X+? The Pioneer website says that our device is compatible. Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Hiya Fella,
It's new to me but seeing as I'm a Ham Radio Guy, I'm interested especially as Pioneer have always been pretty darn trustworthy for many years.
What's the Link to the on their site please and i'll be pleased to parallel you on this one.
Cheers,
North of London.

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
Hiya Fella,
It's new to me but seeing as I'm a Ham Radio Guy, I'm interested especially as Pioneer have always been pretty darn trustworthy for many years.
What's the Link to the on their site please and i'll be pleased to parallel you on this one.
Cheers,
North of London.

Hey, I bought my appradio 2 and hml kit from a seller on ebay called electric mart.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Guntert

May 5, 2011
Stockton, Ca
Have a new gs3 and i rooted it. I will download ARLIberator once the head unit see the phone. Bought the android pieoner cable, had cable installed by BestBuy (which is where i bought the head unit and had it install by them) and then went and bout gs3 cause of all the reviews. Only thing that works is my phone charging, unit do see phone. Any help would be great..
Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk 2

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
Go on the arliberator site forum and you'll find all the details on there. It was very helpful for me. Just make sure your phone is rooted.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Guntert

May 5, 2011
Stockton, Ca
Go on the arliberator site forum and you'll find all the details on there. It was very helpful for me. Just make sure your phone is rooted.

Site forum? Where?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

So far I only have g3 connected through Bluetooth. I look at phone book on he's unit and i get a lot of numbers without names and then a lot of contacts that I don't have on phone. Is there a fix for this yet?

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
My phone also gets very hot so I'm not using it with my appradio anymore. I bought an iPod touch for the radio and it does fine.

911jason

Nov 1, 2010
Los Angeles
Which seller on eBay did you use and how much did you pay for everything?

Also, was the heat only after extended use?

Guntert

May 5, 2011
Stockton, Ca
Got from amazon it says and looks like samsung, but not zure it is so il 'll be order from samsung this time. Sorry forgot to add, it. Starts getting hot in 16 mi

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando

I think total was around $380 plus the iPod. Look for seller electric Mart on eBay.

Heat goes up very rapidly, maybe 5 minutes. I think it's the mirroring causing the heat.

Reactions: 911jason

911jason

Nov 1, 2010
Los Angeles
Update: works great and all functions work 100%. Only problem is the phone gets super hot up to 117°F , I tried using screen standby but I can't seem to get it to keep the screen off. Until I find a way to keep my phone from getting baked I'm going to use an iPod touch 4th gen which I bought for the purpose of using it as a beater, I don't want to ruin my beautiful 1X+ :D

I was thinking that 117° didn't actually sound that hot for a modern smart phone, so I checked and found this:

“If the phone is in normal use without playing games or calling for long time, the temperature should be around 37°C or 38°C. But if you use your phone to play games or surfing internet for a long time, it will be normal that the temperature rises to around 55°C.“, official statement from HTC.

55° Centigrade = 131° Fahrenheit

This info was for the HTC OneX, but I'm sure it's applicable for the X+ as well.

Source

veliksam

Aug 8, 2009
Orlando
I'm sure it'll be ok but I just don't feel comfortable/safe letting my phone get so hot.

Guntert

May 5, 2011
Stockton, Ca
Anyone know if appradio 2 will work like s4? Still in my 30 days so I thought I would ask before i run to tmobile and stand in line to eqt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think total was around $380 plus the iPod. Look for seller electric Mart on eBay.

Heat goes up very rapidly, maybe 5 minutes. I think it's the mirroring causing the heat.

He's back

Quick update - the dev was unwell for some time but is now back on the case and working on the latest Appradio 3 compatibility. Also, the forum is back up at www.arliberator.com too.