Geleen

m4nu4l

Oct 7, 2010
Vilnius
Reactions: bart452

bart452

Jan 16, 2013
Geleen
Change the branch to 3.4 and u will see the magic... I'll do it for you... here you go https://github.com/CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-p700/tree/android-msm-3.4

Now we know where to find the kernel and the device tree,
We can try this
http://www.paranoid-rom.com/forum/g...ut-how-to-compile-paranoidandroid-from-sauces

I'll try when I have much time

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

How can i get rid of the random reboots

Can't handle the awesomeness of my p700

Try V6 supercharger en select hard rock kernel in driver options

vExOus

Nov 17, 2012
Now we know where to find the kernel and the device tree,
We can try this
http://www.paranoid-rom.com/forum/g...ut-how-to-compile-paranoidandroid-from-sauces

I'll try when I have much time

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Try V6 supercharger en select hard rock kernel in driver options

Did you try v6 and worked ? Because in theory you're right that maybe works.

Sent from my LG-P700 using Tapatalk 2

bart452

Jan 16, 2013
Geleen
Downgrading to v10k is no longer needed, some guys on 4pda made a flashable radio, so if you come from v20a tot cm10 or miui, first flash the rom, then the radio an everything works, I'll send the link later

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda app-developers app

vaikz

Oct 18, 2012
Cebu
Realme 5 Pro
Downgrading to v10k is no longer needed, some guys on 4pda made a flashable radio, so if you come from v20a tot cm10 or miui, first flash the rom, then the radio an everything works, I'll send the link later

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda app-developers app

Thats good, waiting for the link. :beer:

Sent from my LG-P700 using Tapatalk 2

pkatsaras

Feb 28, 2011
Piraeus
TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK:

If you are in official JB and you want to flash CM, flash ROM and then this through CWM->https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=gX3YHLIx5o7EfaI4Ab6Xaq1gRvZLm1QkD0bjpQT6i2w=

If you are in CM10 and you want to go back to official JB through backup or KDZ flash ROM and then flash this->https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=tSWuLTl0j87oA0oHQgFOUCF9R05ZshwTW7j4sv4KQGs=

Originally posted here: http://translate.googleusercontent....JrhiOFqIEUMOMI7IlxMdyuU11CYQUxw#entry21399703

Credits to Shinigami890 from 4pda

EDIT: FIRST POST UPDATED!

Last edited:

MegaDJPlay

Apr 21, 2012
Cowabunga
CM10 is no longer my favorite ROM, I´m thinking going back to ICS, because CM10, now, while using phone, it auto reboots! I thought maybe it´s because the new Kernel and/or because of the camera. It happened me 2 times for now, just a little more times and I will switch back to ICS. :( The older CM10 wasn´t doing that. I hope it gets a fix on that :)

EDIT : Ok, really going back to ICS, rebooted one more time after using camera, and then, going back to camera it says "Cannot connect to camera". It is CM10 last version 23-4-2013. Yes, I wiped everything after and before installation, so it´s really CM10 problem, I really think it´s related to the new kernel.

Last edited:

Crazygrouzin

Jan 27, 2013
thessaloniki
CM10 is no longer my favorite ROM, I´m thinking going back to ICS, because CM10, now, while using phone, it auto reboots! I thought maybe it´s because the new Kernel and/or because of the camera. It happened me 2 times for now, just a little more times and I will switch back to ICS. :( The older CM10 wasn´t doing that. I hope it gets a fix on that :)

EDIT : Ok, really going back to ICS, rebooted one more time after using camera, and then, going back to camera it says "Cannot connect to camera". It is CM10 last version 23-4-2013. Yes, I wiped everything after and before installation, so it´s really CM10 problem, I really think it´s related to the new kernel.

Read before post. There is a new update wich fix this. Cm10 is the best rom for our device. And it is NIGHTLY FOR GOD SAKES.

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda premium

MegaDJPlay

Apr 21, 2012
Cowabunga
Of corse... it is a nightly! I was just reporting a few issues that I saw after upgrade to cm10, without any patch fixes! Before upgrade, it wasn't doing this... just after. So, sorry if I pissed you off because of this... I thought I was doing something good, like reporting, feedback.

Edit : And it was with the last update of cm10! 23/04/2013

Sent from my LG-P700 Maniac.

Last edited:
Reactions: emajar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lg-mobile-l7-feature-flash-fancy_keyvisual_3_0v.jpg

ALL YOU NEED FOR LG OPTIMUS L7

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

LG Optimus L7 Global Stock Firmwares for flashing through KDZ

Firmware V10K Europe Open

How to flash LG Optimus L7 with KDZ

FLASH BOOTLOADER PATCH v2 AND CWM TOUCH OFFICIAL (STABLE VERSION BUT AS ALWAYS YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK) CREDITS TO 4PDA, PAYBACK AND WHOEVER ALSO HELPED!

Instructions how to install bootloader and CWM

# HOW TO FLASH CUSTOM ROMS VIDEO GUIDE #

Deodexed Stock LG Keyboard CWM Flashable
    For those who flashed a deodexed ROM and they want the stock LG Keyboard

For those who want Adobe Flash Player for Android check Here
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I AM NOT A DEVELOPER!!! All credits to the developers and those who found the ways in order to develop for our device...I just manage the first post!!! ;)
    I FIND THIS ON 4PDA THIS MORNING, AND IF I TRANSLATE WELL THIS ASSUME TO BE RECOVERY WITHOUT UPSIDE-DOWN SCREEN..IF SOMEBODY HAVE ACOUNT ON 4PDA CAN DOWLOAD FILE FOR US TO CHECK IT..

Already checked and can confirm that everything works perfectly well!

For non-expert users I created a simplified procedure for installation of boot unlock and touch recovery. Here are the guidelines:

1. Download the attachment l7cwm.zip and unpack it in the root of your C: drive. It will create a folder C:\L7CWM.
    2. Attach your L7 P700/P705 phone via USB cable. 'USB Debugging' option has to be active. Phone should be in "Charge only" mode.
    3. Open the folder c:\L7CWM and run the file Flash_Bootloader.bat - this will unlock the bootloader and the phone should restart
    4. Open again the same folder and run Flash_Recovery.bat - this will flash the new custom touch controlled recovery and phone should restart again.
    5. If you want to use the recovery the simplest way - attache the phone via USB again and this time run Reboot2Recovery.bat file - the phone will restart, the LG logo will be displayed for a few seconds and the the phone will enter Recovery Mode.

Feel free to experiment, BUT BE WARNED - ANYTHING HAPPENING TO YOUR PHONE AS A RESULT OF USAGE OF THIS MODE IS ENTIRELY ON YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!!!

NB: I myself successfully made a backup of my current phone state, then rebooted the phone, removed a couple of applications, went back to recovery and restored for the backup I have made. All removed applications had been successfully restored which proved that the backup/restore functionality is 100% reliable.

NB#2: For the moment I'll NOT recommend to try flashing any custom/Cyanogen/MIUI ROMS as far as their development is a early pre-alpha stage. Please be patient!
    Just to let everybody know, LG L series phones are receiving their apropriate device forums TODAY. I tried my best to achieve this, wrote to like 8 mods and administrators, organized people in the new device request thread, i wanna thank you all and we are going to meet up soon in our new home, device forum. All the threads will be moved to their device forums.
    GUIDE: HOW TO FLASH STOCK FIRMWARE via KDZ
    (In case of bootloops or soft bricks when you want to try something at your device or to update in the latest version of your country manually)

1) Download the latest firmware of your country from here -> LG OPTIMUS L7 FIRMWARES

2) Download this folder -> KDZ and unzip it

3) Download the latest drivers for the device from LG site (Windows USB Drivers) -> www.lg.com

4) Enable USB Debugging mode at your device from System Settings->Programmer Options (or sth like this)->tick USB Debugging Mode

5) Go System Settings -> Connectivity -> PC Software

6) Open the folder you unzipped the KDZ and run the file KDZ_FWD_UPD.exe

7) Close the device and put it in Emergency Mode (Push Volume Up+Power at the same time until the device vibrates and then release them)

8) Plug the device in the PC via USB

9) Go to the KDZ screen at your PC and choose Type: 3GQCT and Phone Mode: EMERGENCY

10) At KDZ file above, choose the file .kdz you've downloaded in step 1.

11) Click Launch software update and the flashing begins.

That's it! After this, the device should close and open. If after the shutdown of the device, the screen is black, open it youself. When the LG bootanimation stops, it should appear a white screen "Android Update". As always, I am not responsible for anything happens to your device, and of course BACKUP ANYTHING IMPORTANT FROM YOUR DEVICE!

ALL VERSIONS ROOTING GUIDE (THE HARD WAY)
    All credits go to skuskom for finding the way

I will try to gather in one post all the info about how to root all versions of LG Optimus Firmwares according to skuskom.

This method is not for noobs and it's little tricky.
    Idea:
    I saw that during kdz flashing (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18946763&postcount=1), flashing tool creates temp directory with unpacked image in c:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\system.img.ext4
    So to have rooted firmware is enough to modify system.img.ext4 and flash it somehow into the phone.

Sucessfull procedure:

1. during kdz flashing backup original system.img.ext4

2. mount system.img.ext4 and insert files needed for root (su, busybox, superuser.apk)

3. under Linux in terminal create mount dir and mount image on this dir:
    sudo mkdir /mnt/image
    sudo mount -o loop /path_to_image/system.img.ext4 /mnt/image

4. copy files for rooting into image:
    sudo cp /path_to_su_file/su /mnt/image/xbin
    sudo chown 0.0 /mnt/image/xbin/su
    sudo chmod 06755 /mnt/image/xbin/su

sudo cp /path_to_busybox_file/busybox /mnt/image/xbin
    sudo chmod 755 /mnt/image/xbin/busybox

sudo cp /path_to_superuser_file/superuser.apk /mnt/imagr/app

5. umount image:
    sudo umount /mnt/image

6. continue in Windows with flashing KDZ and replacing original image with patched one

7. after successful flashing install busybox with adb:

run adb shell:
    adb shell

in adb shell execute:
    su root
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    /system/xbin/busybox --install /system/xbin

8. restart phone and rooting is done.

9. start again kdz flashing and check direcotry c:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone. As soon as system.img.ext4 will be decompressed in full size replace it with modified image and flashing tool will flash it.

Enjoy :)

Also, there is a way to avoid the editing of the system.img.ex4. The way is someone else to root it and you have only to flash it.

So, what simply you have to do is to take the rooted system.img.ex4, go to step 9. of skuskom's guide and replace the file during flashing. It's very tricky way, be sure you have read again and again all instructions carefully before attempt rooting. As always YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOONE IS RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING HAPPENS AND ALWAYS KEEP BACKUP OF WHAT YOU NEED.

Hope I've helped. Nothing of the above is mine. Credits to all the guys that helped so that I could find and gother in one post all these info...
    Almost done with getting CWM to work on our phone (I hope).
    Trying to sign it the same way as our current boot and recovery.
    Will let you know if it worked!