5,596,568 Members 41,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can anyone recommend a gamepad thats not too expensive?

Tip us?

Soul_Est
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuktukscotty View Post
I didn't realise that, I've been selecting it each time I use my controller. I only use it to play modern combat upto now. Tried playing gta vice City but the button configuration isn't that good.
Ah. Good point. I usually use mine for emulators (Mupen64Plus AE, GBAoid, GENSoid, and SNESoid) with custom button profiles in each emulator.
Phones: Touch (P3050) -> Milestone -> Xperia X10 -> Xperia Ray (ST18a) -> Desire HD -> Galaxy Nexus -> Xperia Ray (same one)
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8010)

Various tweaks and programs found on XDA-Developers forums and elsewhere.

Thank you to all the developers who create the tools and programs that help many of us enlighten ourselves and become experts.

Thank you to all the experts who enlighten us on the ways of enhancing our phones beyond the norm.

Doyle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm a bit confused. Do you need a Cable to pair the PS 3 Controller to a android unit ? Or does it work "out of the box" with the sixaxis app + root ?

Soul_Est
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
I'm a bit confused. Do you need a Cable to pair the PS 3 Controller to a android unit ? Or does it work "out of the box" with the sixaxis app + root ?
You do need a USB -> Mini-USB cable to pair the PS3 controller to the SGN 10.1. I use such a cable to connect the controller to my computer. I then execute this command in the terminal in Arch Linux:
Code:
sixpair <mac address shown by SixAxis Controller>
There is also the pairing application for Windows.
Phones: Touch (P3050) -> Milestone -> Xperia X10 -> Xperia Ray (ST18a) -> Desire HD -> Galaxy Nexus -> Xperia Ray (same one)
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8010)

Various tweaks and programs found on XDA-Developers forums and elsewhere.

Thank you to all the developers who create the tools and programs that help many of us enlighten ourselves and become experts.

Thank you to all the experts who enlighten us on the ways of enhancing our phones beyond the norm.