[ROM][WWE][16-Jul-10] Timolol's stock-like WM6.5.5 ROM (Build 23569)

Search This thread

timolol

Jan 14, 2009
Melbourne
Wow, this ROM is great. Any way to make it so that the 'Home' button goes back to the home screen rather than the start menu? It's really annoying :eek:

It makes a lot more sense for the 'Home' button to be associated with the start menu because the End call key does exactly what you said - it goes back to the today screen. Double pressing the end call key even goes back to the clock panel of the today screen. :) Making the home button go to the today screen (thus performing exactly the same function) makes not sense :)

However, as pilgrim has stated, you can always configure it to your liking if you want.

I usually cook my own personal ROM. Thought, I will give a try of this ROM. For some reason, I could never get to internet through any of the app( IE, Opera, MSNWeather, etc).

I am using ATT fuze. I ran connection setup bunch of times with reboots as well. Never got a chance to trouble shoot. Please ignore if this is a known bug.

BTW, your ROM is certainly a different kind of flavor. I am liking it. Thanks for ROM.

Edit: NVM. I got this working. For some reason, it took more than 10 mins to start working.

Not quite sure what happened to you, but I'm glad it's working for you now. :) Hope you enjoy the ROM.

So far i've been testing 21820 ROM no bugs found, and every function works perfectly (well at least everything suitable for my needs) and till now everything good,
based on my evaluation, there are some change in this ROM compared by previous one, that already include AudioManager_Engine & Knoop Tachi Phone Canvas v2D (CMIIW)

Thanks for all the masters, Tim for bringing us stable WM 6.5 & Da_G for bringing us latest build of WM6.5

Great to hear all is working well for you :) And those screenshots sure look beautiful :D

after few hours works perfect:)

Excellent :)

majkeljj

Nov 28, 2007
I observe big problem. This ROM need much more power than v2. I'm considering back to v2 because battery drain is about 10-15% bigger on my TP! the same apps similar time of talking... :(
there is only one hope. rom v2 I use with "standard" micro SD card and this new one with 8GB SDHC card. Is this posible that this card need more power (about 10-15% of battery)?

seal_team_six

Oct 30, 2006
Jakarta
HTC U11+
I observe big problem. This ROM need much more power than v2. I'm considering back to v2 because battery drain is about 10-15% bigger on my TP! the same apps similar time of talking... :(
there is only one hope. rom v2 I use with "standard" micro SD card and this new one with 8GB SDHC card. Is this posible that this card need more power (about 10-15% of battery)?

Dear Majkeljj, have you tried enabled power management? you can use Schaps advanced config tool 3.3 to do that, as i always enable SD, MMC, NAND, SIM, Asyncmac, PPTP, L2TP power management
and because i have no data plan, i just used GPRS :) and limit my phone band for GSM only
using Lumos will help manage your backlight too, my min applicable backlight Min/Max: 2/8, Sensor Min/Max: 0/1478
also i m using Tbattery tools for check battery discharge when in idle, it should about 64-66mAh

hope it help :):D

majkeljj

Nov 28, 2007
Dear Majkeljj, have you tried enabled power management? you can use Schaps advanced config tool 3.3 to do that, as i always enable SD, MMC, NAND, SIM, Asyncmac, PPTP, L2TP power management
and because i have no data plan, i just used GPRS :) and limit my phone band for GSM only
using Lumos will help manage your backlight too, my min applicable backlight Min/Max: 2/8, Sensor Min/Max: 0/1478
also i m using Tbattery tools for check battery discharge when in idle, it should about 64-66mAh
hope it help :):D
thank you for reply. I have all options is advanced config tool 3.3 enabled (in v2 I had also) :(
I don't try Lumos I use standard auto backlight (in v2 and this new one).
I will check my battery discharge when in idle, maybe this will help to find problem. It shows which app need how many power? sorry for my english;)

dwmackay

Oct 16, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well here I am again, back to the Timolol ROM in my search for stability.

I have a Fuze and added the PTT CAB in the initial post as well as the keyboard CAB. All is well and the device runs cleanly.

One small request. Is there some way to revert to the standard Windows notifications? The new ones look nice, but do not have the selectable snooze time. I use this quite a bit and miss the feature.

Thanks for the advice.

Doug M.

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
I have come t my device today twice to find that I can't wake up the screen. When I tap power button, it vibrates randomly but nothing else happens

Radio 1.11.25.01
GSM UK Touch Pro.
Only 3rd party app is Showcase Task Manager.

jsmith8858

Nov 11, 2008
Boston
Well here I am again, back to the Timolol ROM in my search for stability.

I have a Fuze and added the PTT CAB in the initial post as well as the keyboard CAB. All is well and the device runs cleanly.

One small request. Is there some way to revert to the standard Windows notifications? The new ones look nice, but do not have the selectable snooze time. I use this quite a bit and miss the feature.

Thanks for the advice.

Doug M.

Hi -- This CAB should do the trick for you:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3716251&postcount=2280

seal_team_six

Oct 30, 2006
Jakarta
HTC U11+
Hi just wanna know if anybody having problem to use scroll wheel when using the phone, my contact name graphic looking mess up, when i'm using scrool wheel while on tachi canvas phone... or it only occured on me ?
thanks
:)

Last edited:

Pbroberg

Apr 5, 2008
Push mail?

I tried your previous ROM, just started to play with 6.5 ROM´s, but somehow I can´t find a way to setup push mail?
Anybody have a 6.5 ROM with exchange setup?

pilgrim011

May 3, 2008
Belgrade
www.tvojsajt.com
Hi just wanna know if anybody having problem to use scroll wheel when using the phone, my contact name graphic looking mess up, when i'm using scrool wheel while on tachi canvas phone... or it only occured on me ?
thanks
That's the problem with all WM 6.5 ROMs, not just this one. Although, I'm wondering what happens with standard Raphael dialer? Maybe it's only happening with Tachi dialer?:confused:

I tried your previous ROM, just started to play with 6.5 ROM´s, but somehow I can´t find a way to setup push mail?
Anybody have a 6.5 ROM with exchange setup?
Of course, I'm using MS exchange, it's working great. You just have to enter server address, user name, pass, domain and that's it.:) And you need a valid certificate.

Pbroberg

Apr 5, 2008
push mail

As long as somebody else is using push mail on this ROM, I guess I have to keep looking how to enable it on mine :)

I love that I can delete everything on my mobile, flash a new ROM or whatever, then install certificate from memory card and get everything up and running again.
But this time for some reason I can´t get push mail enabled :-( Everything else with exchange works :-(

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
I have an issue. Alars don't go of for me when the phone is sleeping. Same with text messages. When I wake the phone up all hell breaks loose.

I use the WM6.5 lock with autolock on.

seal_team_six

Oct 30, 2006
Jakarta
HTC U11+
thanks

Problem solved, i tried to reinstall Tachi_Phone_Canvas_Knoop_v2d.cab over the existing one, after that i can use wheel scroll when in the phone mode to show call history and contact names, everything looking OK now, no mess up graphics occured :) :D
and it will solved the problem unable to dial fav people via dialer icon in the people tab if you're using rhodium TF3D2 v1E :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts