[Theme][Sierra Theme+Dialer](S.2.1+RLS2.5)(01-26-13)

Search This thread
Re: [Theme][Sierra Theme+Dialer](S.2.1+RLS2.1)(01-21-13)

I don't understand. You're on synergy? If so flash synergy, reboot. Let it settle a bit. Then flash this theme in recovery. Reboot. Let it sit for a while. Then add or mod what you want. Always backup before you do...

Thebe@r'$ G@L@XY

I've tried several more times. I go into cwm recovery wipe cache partition/wipe dalvike twice. Flash zip... then wipe once more with fix permissions. I make it pass the splash screen after a bit then it hangs on the boot ani. I've waited in excess of 5 or more minutes. ..

I'm not sure if something is just incompatable with synergy r290... I'm stuck here....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Last edited:

Thebear j koss

it should work on any ROM. you don't have any other themes or mods installed before? just reflash synergy. don't do anything else. reboot the phone. let it load up. everything should be working fine. now go back into recovery and do the theme. just wipe dalvik cache. no fixing. see if that works. if not they may not be compatible. sometimes ROMS are themed and the systemui from another theme doesn't work with it. if this happens, try another theme. there is a theme specifically for synergy called Heinz 57 in the themes section i suggest checking out. or PM the dev Andy(androidgraphix) he may know more.

Reactions: alpha25100

AndroidGraphix

Apr 4, 2011
Paradise Valley, AZ

I've tried several more times. I go into cwm recovery wipe cache partition/wipe dalvike twice. Flash zip... then wipe once more with fix permissions. I make it pass the splash screen after a bit then it hangs on the boot ani. I've waited in excess of 5 or more minutes. ..

I'm not sure if something is just incompatable with synergy r290... I'm stuck here....

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I'll look at the SystemUI.apk zip and see if it's the same one as Synergy r 290. I'm pretty sure it's an older apk which is why it boot loops. I know the universal zip has xml in it which is another possible reason it's causing a boot loops. I guess I'll need to create a universal zip without any xml modifications. I'll work on it ASAP.

Stran93r

Nov 22, 2012
I know that this has been said to work on any ROM but has anyone tested it on Bean's build 9? Would this cause any sort of problems if one is using the AOSP lockscreen on bean's??

AndroidGraphix

Apr 4, 2011
Paradise Valley, AZ
Awesome theme! How did you solve the theming of the ongoing notification problem?

I didn't, lol. I tried everything. I think the ongoing is controlled by certain apks like in my example, Avast security. Some other ongoing notifications use default pngs in SystemUI.apk that were designated by xml already there. Avast I think is one of few apks that choose to use there own.

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
LOL oh ok I am on the quest to find it,,,it just hope it is not a smali adjustment, never been good with that.

I didn't, lol. I tried everything. I think the ongoing is controlled by certain apks like in my example, Avast security. Some other ongoing notifications use default pngs in SystemUI.apk that were designated by xml already there. Avast I think is one of few apks that choose to use there own.

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
Dude this theme is fricken awesome.. So I noticed a few things that were missing and was just hoping someday wed see an update.

Sent from my SGH-T999 infected with AnthraX using Tapatalk 2

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Will this work on darthstalker room for T-Mobile?..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

tennisjunkie

Dec 18, 2010
Tampa
Good looking theme except I can't get it to download from that link provided.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's been over a year since I've published any of my work. I'm trying to get back into theming but we'll see if time permits. What I've done is taken motomoto00 theme(with permission) and added over 200 of my own png's. I'll more likely be using his theme as a base for mine. Hope you enjoy it, thanks.

Sierra Theme

System Requirements
    I'm using JB and VillainTheme System 0.4.1 & Kinda Crap Mods 2.6. With that said, you should be able to flash these on any ROM build. Let me know if you have any questions or problems. Thanks for checking it out.

Credit:
    PRDOG1-Without this guy, I would be lost with how to root.Thanks a million for all your help
    MotoMoto00-AWESOME theme bro. Thanks for letting me use this as my base.
    thisiskindacrap-Kinda Crap Mods 2.6-Great work on making it super easy for trans drop down. ORG Link here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1818800
    Elex_kr-for his batch 9.png. This had changed theming for good. NO MORE pesky 9.png's! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19371086#post19371086
    Gunthermic - Thanks for all your expertise with xml and compiling. Without you, I'd be clueless on xml.
    Oliver Geith-The Rom Fumbler-aka-The Battery Icon Creator-This is an AWESOME battery creator!
    camblue-For helping me find the notorious notification_panel_bg.9 +XML mods

Known Bugs or issues
    **01-18-13-Upon Nandroid, I tried reflashing my ZIP and it bootlooped each time. I ended up flashing Synergy ROM over without wiping and that did the trick. I was able to flash the zip with no problems. I hope this helps someone.

What I plan on theming next:
    Making drop-down PNG's trans. Specifically notification background. I CAN'T SEEM TO MAKE IT TRANS. IT'S A DAMN TRANS PNG. WHY WON'T IT BE TRANS..AHHH!! STUPID PNG, lol. Any help on this would be great.

Independent Modifications

RLS 2.1-SystemUI.apk + framework-res.apk ( SynergyROM )
    Changelog:
    *Modified and updated everything
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?j9u0wuhv0c10y2s

Pictures Below:

blackbatterygs3.png

Screenshot.png

Sierra Dialer Theme
    *This zip is for just the dialer
    DIALER RLS V1.1
    Latest Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ka8vqt6s06xzvf9
    Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?69gz0ttj0085m

Sierra Complete Theme RLS- VR ZIP-Universal ZIP

RLS2.5 Tested on Synergy r290
    Changelog:
    Deleted XML that was causing bootloops. This universal zip contains no xml and should work on any Touchwiz ROM. (I'll be adding in XML slowly until I figure out what is causing the problem.
    Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390288116658471359

RLS 2.1 Has been tested on SynergyROM to work.
    Changelog:
    *Added in XML mods to SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk! This stuff wasn't easy guys but well worth it.
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?491gjnmc8gd7f4g

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I'll look at the SystemUI.apk zip and see if it's the same one as Synergy r 290. I'm pretty sure it's an older apk which is why it boot loops. I know the universal zip has xml in it which is another possible reason it's causing a boot loops. I guess I'll need to create a universal zip without any xml modifications. I'll work on it ASAP.

I think i read somewhere that vr themes don't play nice with twrp.

Cwm it is then..thanks.

Sent by my EZ'd Galaxy 3
    Built by Samsung Perfected by XDA
    TWRP works flawlessly. If any VRTheme won't flash with TWRP it because the dev is using old version of zipalign. On any VRTheme swap new zipalign in VRTheme folders in zip and it will flash with any recovery. No need to change recoveries.

http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/utilities/zipalign

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

No problem. I don't like TWRP, it had more features but things got screwy too often. Been with this theme all day and was even able to flash kindacrapmods over it for my status bar. theme is working great and looks fantastic.:highfive:

Yes if you flash kindacrap first you get status bar icons from theme but retain transparencies. If you flash theme first you get complete Kinda status bar and dropdown mods. :cool:
    Next dialer rls tonight.

Loving the theme so far. Only thing I can't firgure out is how to disable dialer keypress sounds? Also, some menus in the phone are cut off, or text is missing. Great work though!

Thanks bro. I have noticed that. It's a 9.png issue and I need to find where the PNG is located in order to fix it. It will take some time but I'm making progress. I'm averaging about 3 png's per day, lol from about 5k. ;)