5,599,337 Members 38,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Rooting and Unbricking p930/p935/p936

Tip us?
 
Swetnes
Old
#241  
Swetnes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 916
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan ledge View Post
I installed the LG United Mobile driver first, then msxsl.exe, i double-clicked on the B2CAppSetup.exe in this archive, it pops a window with "To check for software upgrades, you need to connect your PC to the internet and press continue" then 2 buttons "Continue" & "Cancel".
I had to use the B2CAppSetup.exe in Hererics' method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2044645. Thatis the one that doesn't progress in the attachment above.
I opened both Windows Enabler & UpTest.exe in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, selected type as 3GQCT, Phone mode as CS_EMERGENCY and used the V10F_00.kdz in Hererics' post.
I clicked next on the Normal Web Upgrade Test button which brings up a "read phone information" window from which i clicked the "Upgrade start" button. Which leads to the errors described in my previous post,
Is there anything i"m doing wrong? PLS HELP
I am still thinking it has something to do with the HOSTS file. Try this as an experiment: Reinstall the HTTPS app from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1597488. Then set according to the directions. Have it running and repeat the KDZ installer. If it works you know your HOSTS file still is on error. But the good news it works and I wouldn't do anything more. Just remember to have the HTTPS running if you ever want to unbrick again.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
 
trojan ledge
Old
#242  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetnes View Post
I am still thinking it has something to do with the HOSTS file. Try this as an experiment: Reinstall the HTTPS app from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1597488. Then set according to the directions. Have it running and repeat the KDZ installer. If it works you know your HOSTS file still is on error. But the good news it works and I wouldn't do anything more. Just remember to have the HTTPS running if you ever want to unbrick again.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
i guess i have to click on "Normal web upgrade test" button first, then "Upgrade Start" and not "Start Upgrade" button in the UpTest.exe interface
 
Swetnes
Old
#243  
Swetnes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 916
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan ledge View Post
i guess i have to click on "Normal web upgrade test" button first, then "Upgrade Start" and not "Start Upgrade" button in the UpTest.exe interface
Correct did you get it to work?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
 
trojan ledge
Old
#244  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetnes View Post
Correct did you get it to work?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
Nah Still the "Check your internet line..." error
 
Swetnes
Old
#245  
Swetnes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 916
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan ledge View Post
Nah Still the "Check your internet line..." error
OK I know there is something we are missing. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
 
trojan ledge
Old
#246  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetnes View Post
OK I know there is something we are missing. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
Wait a minute... I think I finally got it to work. But it's stuck @ 4% with LG bootlooping on my nitro hd. Wat next?

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetnes View Post
OK I know there is something we are missing. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
The update interface is stuck at 4% but the log seemed to have completed to 100 and the phone is bootlooping on the 2nd LG splash screen. Urgent help pls.
 
Swetnes
Old
#247  
Swetnes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 916
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan ledge View Post
Wait a minute... I think I finally got it to work. But it's stuck @ 4% with LG bootlooping on my nitro hd. Wat next?

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------



The update interface is stuck at 4% but the log seemed to have completed to 100 and the phone is bootlooping on the 2nd LG splash screen. Urgent help pls.
Run the after.bat file then factory reset. (That's what it should be doing) so what was did you do differently this time?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
 
trojan ledge
Old
#248  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetnes View Post
Run the after.bat file then factory reset. (That's what it should be doing) so what was did you do differently this time?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
I uninstalled shttps & redownloaded it. Reinstalled then re-configured shttps. Was up all night, so it probably took pity on me.
Thanx so much, Swetnes, 4 ur help. I really appreciate it Bro.
1 more question tho, do I need to dd if all the image files in the other thread? I didn't run 'after.bat' during the bootlooping, so I forced restart of the phone & I tried different methods to root, but was not successful. I hope to retry this morning tho.
 
Swetnes
Old
#249  
Swetnes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 217
Posts: 916
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan ledge View Post
I uninstalled shttps & redownloaded it. Reinstalled then re-configured shttps. Was up all night, so it probably took pity on me.
Thanx so much, Swetnes, 4 ur help. I really appreciate it Bro.
1 more question tho, do I need to dd if all the image files in the other thread? I didn't run 'after.bat' during the bootlooping, so I forced restart of the phone & I tried different methods to root, but was not successful. I hope to retry this morning tho.
OK you need to root from ICS that should have been done before so follow these steps:
1. Install v18f from exe file
2. Root in TPSPARKY method
3. Wipe phone (cannot forget this)
4. Run keeproot.bat file
5. KDZ flash the v10 file
6. Run after.bat file when phone boot loops.
7. Wipe phone
8. Push CWM using dd command.
9. Enjoy

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Swetnes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
trojan ledge
Old
#250  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Apr 2013
Thanx thanx thanx to Swetnes, seems like the only 1 who cared.
I was able to follow every step to the T. Now I am running CM10. Really appreciate your help. You deserve not just a bottle of beer but a full carton. thank you :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to trojan ledge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
p930, p935, p936, root, unbrick
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes