Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with Dock coming apart around hinge area?

Tip us?

SoTacMatt
Old
(Last edited by SoTacMatt; 21st April 2012 at 02:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 19
I need to try that out too.

Yep! One screw was completely out, the other was loose.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Current Device: Nexus 5 Stock & Rooted
Current Tablet: Asus Transformer Prime TF300-CROMBi-kk
Former Devices:
T-Mobile HTC One S
T-Mobile G2
T-Mobile G1
Android - Live Long and Prosper

Zephyrot
Old
Thanks Meter 691

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgie View Post
I meant to write this a few weeks ago.

So I have a C3 keyboard....My C1 from Amazon worked great for 13 days...then it "popped" at the hinge and i was like...oh ****...
In the pictures you can see where it pops and the hinge came apart.

[...]
Thanks man, I heard a CLICK a couple days ago and playing around with the dock I found out that it was presenting this issue.

Then I did what you showed, and both screws were totally loose, tightened both again and Dock is back to 100% working state.

sledgie
Old
Thanks Meter 60
glad it has worked for everyone. I had 2 more docks come apart as well, so either that little old lady is doing all the screws or else they are machine tightened or someone is just plain lazy. there are some other more extreme fixes that requires compound in case anyone over tightened and ripped the threads,just pm me. also, I'm trying to find out which screw tightens the easel that the prime fixates in while opening/closing as mine has become a little too loose for comfort. I really wish this dock had the better counterweights that the original dock TF had. :-\

Wathnix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by babadudu View Post
Hi all,

Today I suddenly noticed a click sound when putting my keyboard on the side and I found out that the case on the side of the hinge would come apart with little force.

It is easily replicated when you push the hinge push the hinge to the bottom and while holding the back case.
The screws on your keyboard may be loose, if you pull up the back two rubber feet you will see the screws underneath, they sometimes come loose or come out all together, which is the problem I had, the rubber feet on my TF201 came off and a screw fell out. I was able to find an exact fit replacement feet and screws. I sell a repair kit for the Transformer line of tablet keyboards on eBay, Item Number: 171002444894, Seller ID is Wathnix2. The auction shows pictures of my keyboard after the repair.

nookusr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default This is the fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathnix View Post
The screws on your keyboard may be loose, if you pull up the back two rubber feet you will see the screws underneath, they sometimes come loose or come out all together, which is the problem I had, the rubber feet on my TF201 came off and a screw fell out. I was able to find an exact fit replacement feet and screws. I sell a repair kit for the Transformer line of tablet keyboards on eBay, Item Number: 171002444894, Seller ID is Wathnix2. The auction shows pictures of my keyboard after the repair.
Thanks for the plan! My TF is sooooo loose.. I don't want to have to by a new dock, so your kit will be helpful.
Kev

Thom4s
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookusr View Post
Thanks for the plan! My TF is sooooo loose.. I don't want to have to by a new dock, so your kit will be helpful.
Kev
i have the same problem, i will try the fix

i think the tablet is well made with a good feel to it but the dock is kinda flimsy, i think they should have thought out the mechanism a bit more, it's just not suited for coping with all the forces of opening and closing when using like a netbook, they should have used more metal and thicker metal