G1 Google Sign-in Question

Search This thread

horizontalkev

Jul 2, 2009
i was trying to get root access on my G1 but when i reformatted to Fat32 (i know everything goes to factory reset) but i didnt know if you have no service you cant get through the google sign in part upon startup.
so when i go to the "sign in" one, i put in my information and i will get a message saing "Thereis a problem communicating with the google servers this could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services"
hoever i was able to unlock it using my friends workiing SIM card from their Gravity, but it worked once, i did another wipe of my phone, the second time both mine and his say the same thing.. what should i do?

trevordbs

Mar 11, 2009
1) you could not double post.
2) go find some service.
3) With JF 1.5ADP, not the t-mobile build the google build, you can skip the sign in part. Go to settings and turn your WIFI on. Enter your password and what not. Once connected to the WIFI click the gmail icon, enter in your username and password. connected.

or

1) open your eyes.
2) notice the ***Informative Threads*** - Read before clicking "New Thread" [06/30]
3) click it.
4) Scroll down to [HOW TO] Register the G1 without a sim or data plan
5) This link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=452316
6) follow instructions

Last edited:

Proxin

Feb 6, 2009
Pallet Town
1) you could not double post.
2) go find some service.
3) With JF 1.5ADP, not the t-mobile build the google build, you can skip the sign in part. Go to settings and turn your WIFI on. Enter your password and what not. Once connected to the WIFI click the gmail icon, enter in your username and password. connected.

or

1) open your eyes.
2) notice the ***Informative Threads*** - Read before clicking "New Thread" [06/30]
3) click it.
4) Scroll down to [HOW TO] Register the G1 without a sim or data plan
5) This link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=452316
6) follow instructions

Take it easy on him, he's new.

K

korndub

that is precisely the reason he is being flamed. catch them early and make sure that they know how to use search....

on a side note, sometimes i have the same issue when i wipe, i found that using googlemail.com instead of gmail.com works better.

Proxin

Feb 6, 2009
Pallet Town
that is precisely the reason he is being flamed. catch them early and make sure that they know how to use search....

A nice 'welcome, here's the search link' would do the same thing without inducing unnecessary tensions and making people afraid of asking questions in the community.
Pardon my odd beliefs. But I think if XDA is a 'community' we should start acting more like one.

K

korndub

i was joking, or rather, being sarcastic - we are a community and try to help everyone possible ( i know i do).

the problem is, that even with a huge post right at the top sticked with important threads, people take the lazy route and ask questions, which is fine, however all research should be done and resources exhausted before posting a question. We all know that this board is full of junk and the mods have to continually be cleaning out the threads that are superfluous...

/end rant.