5,598,086 Members 42,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Spice mi 435 root and CWM

Tip us?
 
max_nair
Old
(Last edited by max_nair; 2nd May 2013 at 10:08 AM.)
#1  
max_nair's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2013
Talking [Guide] Spice mi 435 root and CWM


do at your own risk i'll not take responsibilty for any damage
Spice mi-435 root and CWM
dear friends after lot of searching and testing, i have found a working CWM for mi-435


MI 435 rooting using Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry
- Make sure that USB debugging is on your device. To enable go to Settings - Development - USB debugging
- Extract the Rooting Kit on your PC and connect your phone. Don't turn on USB Storage
- In the Rooting kit folder you have extracted Click the Runme.bat file
- A command prompt will start now.
- Now you will just have to follow onscreen instructions.
- after that Your device will reboot.
- then you will be able to se supersu or superuser on your app drawer of phone.


Spice mi 435 CWM intructions
- first of all download the cwm435.img from below and put it in the root of your sdcard(i.e at /sdcard/)
- then install terminator emulator from here - terminal emulator
- after that using any root explorer app from here - Root explorer
- go to /system and find the file recovery-from.boot.p
- rename it to recovery-from.boot.p.bak
- after completing above step start terminal emulator type su hit enter.
- write the following code.
Quote:
dd if=/sdcard/cwm435.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16
hit enter.
- switch off your phone press the powerkey[on right] and volume down key together.
when you hear a vibration leave the power key and press only volume down key.
or
-you can use Quick boot from market for geeting in to recovery - Quick boot
that's it you can know see the CWM v.6 recovery.




root tool kit download:

go here:Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry

Spice mi 435 CWM download:
CWM435.img
or
CWM435.img

original recovery
In case you dont like cwm you can use this file to switch back. use the same dd method above in quote instead of cwm435.img use recovery.img
recovery.img

- credit goes to Bin4ry for his tool kit and method.
- AGILFM for CWM file.
- me for testing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to max_nair For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Askganesha
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Which rom is this

Hi please can you let me know which working rom are you using.

Regards

Abhishek
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_nair View Post

do at your own risk i'll not take responsibilty for any damage
Spice mi-435 root and CWM
dear friends after lot of searching and testing, i have found a working CWM for mi-435


MI 435 rooting using Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry
- Make sure that USB debugging is on your device. To enable go to Settings - Development - USB debugging
- Extract the Rooting Kit on your PC and connect your phone. Don't turn on USB Storage
- In the Rooting kit folder you have extracted Click the Runme.bat file
- A command prompt will start now.
- Now you will just have to follow onscreen instructions.
- after that Your device will reboot.
- then you will be able to se supersu or superuser on your app drawer of phone.


Spice mi 435 CWM intructions
- first of all download the cwm435.img from below and put it in the root of your sdcard(i.e at /sdcard/)
- then install terminator emulator from here - terminal emulator
- after that using any root explorer app from here - Root explorer
- go to /system and find the file recovery-from.boot.p
- rename it to recovery-from.boot.p.bak
- after completing above step start terminal emulator type su hit enter.
- write the following code.
hit enter.
- switch off your phone press the powerkey[on right] and volume down key together.
when you hear a vibration leave the power key and press only volume down key.
or
-you can use Quick boot from market for geeting in to recovery - Quick boot
that's it you can know see the CWM v.6 recovery.




root tool kit download:

go here:Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry

Spice mi 435 CWM download:
CWM435.img
or
CWM435.img

original recovery
In case you dont like cwm you can use this file to switch back. use the same dd method above in quote instead of cwm435.img use recovery.img
recovery.img

- credit goes to Bin4ry for his tool kit and method.
- AGILFM for CWM file.
- me for testing.
 
rohit27590
Old
(Last edited by rohit27590; 2nd May 2013 at 06:34 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Delhi
Default cwm backup of stock rom

@max_nair can u pls send me the cwm backup of your rom..
 
max_nair
Old
#4  
max_nair's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2013
@Askganesha i'm using stock rom only.
@rohit27590 sorry to say bro but i'm a 2g user nd my net sucks.. its not possible for me to upload Backup..
 
mi-425
Old
#5  
mi-425's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 144
Join Date: Jun 2012
Please somebody tell me how is the battery backup of mi-435 in heavy usage.......

Sent from my Spice Mi-425 using xda app-developers app
 
max_nair
Old
#6  
max_nair's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi-425 View Post
Please somebody tell me how is the battery backup of mi-435 in heavy usage.......
Sent from my Spice Mi-425 using xda app-developers app
battery backup is not good and on 3g it drains faster..
 
mi-425
Old
(Last edited by mi-425; 16th May 2013 at 11:15 AM.)
#7  
mi-425's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 144
Join Date: Jun 2012
After full charge how much time it runs.....my phone runs for complete 24 hours and after that turns off.:banghead:

Sent from my Spice Mi-425 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I want to purchase this phone...Please somebody tell me about its backup and does this phone have a direct sim video call facility .Or we need any social app to video call.

Sent from my Spice Mi-425 using xda app-developers app
 
max_nair
Old
#8  
max_nair's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi-425 View Post
After full charge how much time it runs.....my phone runs for complete 24 hours and after that turns off.:banghead:

Sent from my Spice Mi-425 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I want to purchase this phone...Please somebody tell me about its backup and does this phone have a direct sim video call facility .Or we need any social app to video call.

Sent from my Spice Mi-425 using xda app-developers app
bro battery backup of this phone is some what decent for normal use but for heavy users it sucks afterall it only has 1500mah battery..
you can create backup using CWM and does not have direct sim video call...
The Following User Says Thank You to max_nair For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rasroh
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 12
Join Date: Nov 2012
TeamBURST Rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2295030
 
max_nair
Old
#10  
max_nair's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2013
bro did you try that rom?????

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more