This method was tested on the following device:
OS: Android 4.1.1
Kernel: 3.0.36+ Feb 2
0. Download files.zip(from here) extract it and open it in explorer.
1. Connect your device to your computer (micro-usb)
2. Unmount all storage devices (TF/SD card, onboard TF/SD, etc..)
3. Enable USB Debugging (Under settings > Options for developers > Enable USB Debugging)
4. Open ''AdbDriverInstaller.exe'' and install the universal ADB driver
5. Automated process for rooting the device ''ROOT ME.bat'' Press any key and just wait and let the tablet reboot.
6. Manual root:
adb shell mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system exit adb push busybox /system/bin adb push su /system/bin adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox chmod 4755 /system/bin/su mount -o remount,ro -t rfs /dev/block/st19 /system exit adb reboot
Make sure to update su(super user) after rooting. Because it is outdated.
You can either use adb push for this or you can use the Google Play store to download the latest bin.
From adb root shell
1. extract flash_image and recovery.img from CWM.zip
2. put flash_image and recovery.img into device, e.g.
adb push flash_image /dev/
adb push recovery.img /dev/
3. enter root shell (adb shell)
4. flash recovery.img into recovery partition with flash_image, e.g.
chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
/dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img
Read this when you have any issues
CWM installation problems, please try another method if this doesn't work for you.
If you have any issues while rooting please try:
And see if the devices is listed after killing the server.
If it is not than u may have another soc (older version does have other rockchip and the adb driver wont work properly).
This guide is for the latest version as if 1st May 2013: S18-03-XXXX (4.9.2013)
If you still have no output from adb devices you can try one more thing!
By editing android_winusb.inf in C:\Windows\System23\Drivestore\Filerepository\andr oid_winusb.inf_amd64_neutral_<random_chars>
You will see two of those folders.
Open it with a text editor like notepad++ or notepad make sure you have nt authority rights
;------------------------------------NTx86------------------------------------ [Google.NTx86]; For loopback testing
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010 %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01 %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010 %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01
Tested and working on the following devices:
Audiosonic T-17B 7" tablet (Kmart webshop version) ✓
S18-03-XXXX (4.9.2013) ✓
S18-03-201302 (4gb-00905) ✓
S18-02-XXXX (x.x.2012) ?
Credits: me, icood70pro, fun_ for modding CWM for rockchip, all credit goes to original CWM author koush and all its contributors.