Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cases / Shells - what're you getting / reviews:

Tip us?

ooostore.vip
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face you could buy a good phone battery in ooostore

we have lots of high quality battery in store now,maybe you could find one fit to your smart mobile phone

yellowjacket1981
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooostore.vip View Post
we have lots of high quality battery in store now,maybe you could find one fit to your smart mobile phone
Spammer! Not even in the battery thread, so a bad spammer at that

tytnhunter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default leather holster

I found a leather holster that the trident will fit in. Harley Davidson branded though.

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=60905

MT4GS
Old
(Last edited by MT4GS; 25th May 2012 at 06:31 PM.) Reason: pics added
Thanks Meter 50
Default holster?

I don't like my leather pouch, the flap has such strong magnets it makes it very inconvenient and impossible to use one hand to dig out phone...

So I found THIS holster on ebay.
My concerns about it are the top clip (depending on how strong the spring is, it may squeeze the phone too much - nevermind, I just realized it has no spring, it seems it is just a flexible plastic) and the bottom corner slots (they probably will scratch the edges). Also it comes in black only, which probably won't look good with my "khaki" MT4GS.
But it sure is easy and quick to remove phone from such holster (I remember having very similar holster with Motorola StarTAC and it was very useful)

Anybody here using it & wanna share experience?

MORE PICS HERE

Narhim
Old
(Last edited by Narhim; 2nd June 2012 at 11:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
I use PDAir leather pouch:
http://www.pdair.com/index.php/smart...ype-black.html
It's 30USD and worth every penny...
Btw. They have also metal cases. Did not try one of those but had my last leather pouch for my old Desire Z 2 years long without any issue... The quality really is amazing!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

MT4GS
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narhim View Post
I use PDAir leather pouch:
http://www.pdair.com/index.php/smart...ype-black.html
It's 30USD and worth every penny...
Btw. They have also metal cases. Did not try one of those but had my last leather pouch for my old Desire Z 2 years long without any issue... The quality really is amazing!

Very elegant pouch indeed! Perhaps the nicest pouch I've seen so far.

However it's not for me, I can already tell I wouldn't be able to answer the phone with one hand if I had it.

Narhim
Old
(Last edited by Narhim; 7th June 2012 at 12:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4GS View Post
Very elegant pouch indeed! Perhaps the nicest pouch I've seen so far.

However it's not for me, I can already tell I wouldn't be able to answer the phone with one hand if I had it.
It's not such an issue I manage to answer calls with one hand... Maybe check out the hardcover cases / metal cases from PDAir. Might be someone wrote a review or sth...

http://www.pdair.com/index.php/smart...ign-black.html

And

http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_u...BwQFQhV0&gl=US

See for yourself

speculatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Default case with kick stand?

has anyone come across a hard or semi-hard case with a built-in stand?

thanks

vinceb54
Old
(Last edited by vinceb54; 19th February 2013 at 11:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I can gather from reading here that there is nothing better than the Trident case. I honestly wish someone made a rubberized or gel case that fit over the entire phone at the expense of the keyboard, as I personally never use the keyboard. (I'm a swype fanboy) I wanted the slide over the regular mytouch 4g because of the improved camera...but now I'm kinda regretting that decision. I am a delivery driver and constantly use the GPS and I've dropped the phone several times getting out of the car when I'm in a hurry and forget it's in my lap. As a result, now I have a broken screen that I'm going to fix myself soon (doesn't look very hard).

Anyway, I thought I would say that I had a Trident case in the ballistic green and after a few drops it broke and I threw it away and have gone without one hoping a better solution would surface. I wish I wouldn't have as now I have a broken screen. I guess I will pull the trigger on another Trident...

EDIT...
on second thought that aluminum pdair case with the neoprene inside looks ideal for me...as long as the clip is secure because I know I will drop the phone.

MT4GS
Old
Thanks Meter 50
It all depends on price IMO.
I had option to buy extended warranty for $49 when I was buying my phone, which included "no questions asked" replacement of the phone. Why would I want to spend $30 or $50 or more on a case if I could have new phone replacement... of course if you don't have such extended warranty available then sure (but then why don't you buy your phones somewhere else). Just my opinion.