all the talk about lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Bigtjmc

Oct 30, 2011
Whitewright
When I see this i guess either mine is fine or I dont know what they are looking at . Some one could let me know what the lag is so I can check mine.

tdesbien31

Sep 1, 2010
When I see this i guess either mine is fine or I dont know what they are looking at . Some one could let me know what the lag is so I can check mine.

Its everywhere.... Where do I start? there is a delay unlocking the phone once your finger swipes, opening apps is slow, pressing home button to return to home screen is delayed (after disabling the home button in svoice), pulling the notification window down randomly stutters. Most of these are random and inconsistant, but 1 that I have found is ALWAYS an issue is in the Samsung Browser. Do this to see the lag. at the top there is the window notification in the broswer that shows how many open windows there are. Press it and see how long it takes to display the other windows.

The lag is everywhere... Had I not returned my HTC One to get this I would return it in a second, but they wont accept a second return now, so im stuck with a crap phone....

Bigtjmc

Oct 30, 2011
Whitewright
Im sorry that everyone is having these issues but mine seems fine and if it is lagging then maybe im not a super user and to me it dont seem to be a problem , my only issue is the keypad I keep hitting the numbers when typing and letters when spacing . And the windows tab opens pretty quick to me bout .9 of a second and it opens.

tdesbien31

Sep 1, 2010
Im sorry that everyone is having these issues but mine seems fine and if it is lagging then maybe im not a super user and to me it dont seem to be a problem , my only issue is the keypad I keep hitting the numbers when typing and letters when spacing . And the windows tab opens pretty quick to me bout .9 of a second and it opens.

use a different browser and see how fast it is. Thats the problem .9 seconds is lag, I guess were use to different speeds. If you are coming from a craptastic phone that had alot of lag you wont notice it as much as someone who is use to a fast phone like a Nexus 4 or HTC One. Those phones are blazing, and honestly my old Note 2 was faster than this S4.

mcaleer1

Feb 25, 2012
Its everywhere.... Where do I start? there is a delay unlocking the phone once your finger swipes, opening apps is slow, pressing home button to return to home screen is delayed (after disabling the home button in svoice), pulling the notification window down randomly stutters. Most of these are random and inconsistant, but 1 that I have found is ALWAYS an issue is in the Samsung Browser. Do this to see the lag. at the top there is the window notification in the broswer that shows how many open windows there are. Press it and see how long it takes to display the other windows.

The lag is everywhere... Had I not returned my HTC One to get this I would return it in a second, but they wont accept a second return now, so im stuck with a crap phone....

After playing a bit with the one I do agree that it is quite a bit snappier however something about it just seemed boring. As for the lock screen I do agree and I was able to help the issue a bit by switching to the ripple effect apposed to light under lockscreen effect. Also switching to thumb keyboard greatly improved speed there. However after using it for a few days the little bit of lag either gotten better or I just notice less.

Bigtjmc

Oct 30, 2011
Whitewright
Might be just that , ive been on a htc vivid since November 2011 and it got to be a pain in the arse to use. Hopefully they will have something that will fix it soon.

bothfly

May 26, 2011
I just came from an iPhone 5 and the GS4 is already back in the box. I used it for one day and it was pretty bad. I guess if I had used it longer I might have gotten used to the slowness of it but the fact that SVoice and Google Voice search didn't work over bluetooth in my car like Siri and Google do on my iPhone made me return it.

Reactions: NIKKG

pezlomd

Dec 23, 2011
miami
I just came from an iPhone 5 and the GS4 is already back in the box. I used it for one day and it was pretty bad. I guess if I had used it longer I might have gotten used to the slowness of it but the fact that SVoice and Google Voice search didn't work over bluetooth in my car like Siri and Google do on my iPhone made me return it.

Blue tooth voice search works for me flawlessly

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

jrollercoasters

Oct 4, 2011
All this talk about lag is kinda chasing me away, of my dream of getting gs4, you guys think I'd be better off with the note 2?

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

raqball

Jun 21, 2010
New York
All this talk about lag is kinda chasing me away, of my dream of getting gs4, you guys think I'd be better off with the note 2?

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Yes the Note 2 is MUCH and I mean MUCH smoother right out of the box...

I am seriously considering trading my S4 for a Nexus 4 or a Note 2...

This phone may get better in time but that time is NOT now..

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
Yes the Note 2 is MUCH and I mean MUCH smoother right out of the box...

I am seriously considering trading my S4 for a Nexus 4 or a Note 2...

This phone may get better in time but that time is NOT now..

with already having root, and the bootloader unlock already verified to be coming soon, i think you would be doing yourself wrong to get rid of your gs4. since we now know that custom roms will be on their way. and since we know that custom roms do perform better than stock roms.

darwinosx

Jan 23, 2013
Anyone who says their S 4 doesn't lag is either lying, blind, or seriously has never used a lag free phone. I don't see how its going to be fixed either since its mostly due the the extraordinary amount of bloat in this version of Touchwiz with a tone of useless "features" that are also responsible for taking up so much memory space. I have an iPhone 5 which is lag free like all iPhones ever and a Note 2 which has a minor amount of lag in a few places. The shoddy cheap plastic construction, bloat, and minimal memory space is an insult to Samsung customers. At least the buttons are better but Samsung is out of control everywhere else. Ugh. They msut really think their customers will put up with anything they deign to slop down to them.

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
I did notice a tad bit of lag here and there and to me the 3 main contributions to lag in any s4 are this

1- stock browser ie. Keyboard lag

2-stock launcher, I use go ex

3-att crap bloat, I've deleted not disabled it all

My s4 is f'in fast as hell with no lag after addressing those three items

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Give Samsung time to address it....geez, guys!
    Removing bloat really doesn't have much bearing on the lag - this will mostly just free up storage space - these apps are in hibernation 90% of the time anyways.

The issue is with systemui and the launcher. Use a 3rd party launcher like Nova, Apex, or Holo HD. Don't use a live wallpaper. Until we can tear in to the source and tweak things you're going to have to live with it.

Once source is released, and we have a working recovery I will be working on something special.
    Yay!!!! Another lag/no lag thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Samsung and AT&T have a long track record of taking months upon months to address issues via a software fix..

Root it in the mean time, install tibackup and start removing crap. Clearly the phone is loaded with only 8 or 9gb free on a 16gb device.