Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I Install Amdroid into my Nokia Lumia 710 - Windows 7.5 Mango

Tip us?

net.lander
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i am also looking for similar solution...unfortunately right now there is no android solution....the most recent progress is interior unlocked the phone, similar to the rooting concept. Microsft and Nokia are extremely picky about allowing changes.

unlock link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1599401

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddheshwar View Post
Hi,

I am completely frustrated from my Window 7.5 Mango.
I was using Android, having lots of apps in market/rooting etc. As compare to Android, Mango is nothing

Could anybody guide me to install Android into my Nokia Lumia 710
The Following User Says Thank You to net.lander For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
Three questions:

1. If you wanted Android, why the heck did you buy a Windows phone?

2. If you already know that people haven't yet ported Android to the Lumia 710, why did you ask? That thread talks about the progress toward doing this, and says it doesn't work yet.

3. Why are you posting a device-specific question in the general WP7 Q&A forum? I mean, you linked to the exact Q&A thread relevant to your question. You could also check the Lumia 800 (typically also includes 710 since they are almost identical internally) Development sub-forum, and read the unlock/NAND-access thread there...
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lamborg
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Three questions:

1. If you wanted Android, why the heck did you buy a Windows phone?

2. If you already know that people haven't yet ported Android to the Lumia 710, why did you ask? That thread talks about the progress toward doing this, and says it doesn't work yet.

3. Why are you posting a device-specific question in the general WP7 Q&A forum? I mean, you linked to the exact Q&A thread relevant to your question. You could also check the Lumia 800 (typically also includes 710 since they are almost identical internally) Development sub-forum, and read the unlock/NAND-access thread there...
This, along with no andriod on that phone.

credits - robgee789

v_garg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Hi,

I am completely frustrated from my Window 7.5 Mango.
I was using Android, having lots of apps in market/rooting etc. As compare to Android, Mango is nothing

Could anybody guide me to install Android into my Nokia Lumia 710
I think if you tell us what exactly is frustrating we can maybe you help with that ?

Dinchy87
Old
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_garg View Post
I think if you tell us what exactly is frustrating we can maybe you help with that ?
frustrating for him is i think the approach, he purchased a wp7 but want android on it. that's funny, you dont buy a golf cab to race against an sports car. you buy a sports car not a comparison with that car to wp7

the second thing. he want maybe to try android, because of the hacking abilities and customization and bla bla... and in the end everyone, and believe me everyone switches to the stock things that you have on your phone since the first day. that's the same with nokia and symbian, eveyone of us wanted a cool background picture, "cool" sounds, gimicks, but in the end nokia had a very good interface and backgrounds and sounds. he purchased now a nokia lumia 710 for which people sit many weeks to think of the variety of sounds and lockscreen so that it suites all of us. and after 100 background i use now the stock ones... the same is with custom accent color, i used 150 different to come to the stock ones, which suites definitely the best! thats why microsoft said 9 10 accent are enough because we get in the end wp8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dinchy87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galuh
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Thanks for ur reply,,,

I was having many apps & cracks for window 6.5. So is it possible to install Win 6.5 into my mobile -Lumia 710 ?

My main motive is to install apps/game into my mobile, but in windows market place I am not finding good apps for free (not even paid)
eemmmm..if i'm not mistaken the market for winmo has already dead isn't?lumia is more better than old Pocket PC,i think there will be a lot of chance to do "something" with it,imagine man..some of old PPC device has already running android on it(especially the great HD2),so don't give up to your device

AndrewSh
Old
Thanks Meter 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by galuh View Post
eemmmm..if i'm not mistaken...
emmmmm, thanks for giving new life to stupid useless one-year-old thread about aMdroid. We just could not wait for that....

Current devices:
HTC Titan - My own custom WP7.8 - 7.10.8862.144
HTC 7 Mozart - My own custom WP7.8 - 7.10.8862.144
HD2 TMOUS - My own custom WM 6.5.3 - OS 29217.5.3.12.26
Still support Asus P525

xTerraH
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSh View Post
emmmmm, thanks for giving new life to stupid useless one-year-old thread about aMdroid. We just could not wait for that....
Calm down, he was just trying to help.

dazza9075
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
For the record, WP isn't better than wm, two different devices for two different jobs, MS may have dumped one of them but I can state without doubt that WM is alive and kicking in the business world and will be for some time to come yet I bet the other thing to remember is that wm development kickstarted android, when droid took off all the devs split their focus, I wouldn't bank on their ever being a new " hd2 " ever again

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
Please Click Thanks below if I've helped at all, but more importantly please donate to XDA Developers to help keep this place running, 10 Euros isn't much and for that you get to have a funky wee Star
Please click Here to donate to
XDA-Developers

The Following User Says Thank You to dazza9075 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]