[TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB Graphical User Interface GUI

Search This thread

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
Hey guys I know I have posted some other similar programs, but hopefully this will raise the bar on how people use Android Debug Bridge.

So To start off, this program will not root any phone, but can easily break a phone if used improperly.
Secondly, If you need to ask what a button in the program THEN DO NOT USE IT!
I will only answer questions if they involve drivers or programming bugs, NOT for something like "What is Sync?" because If you do not know, then you do not need to know now.

SEE LINKS BELOW FOR MORE RECENT UPDATES!

This program has some built in ADB functions:
Rebooting- Recovery/Bootloader/Fastboot.
Sync from a folder (If you don't know or have to ask do not use!)
Use logcat
Start up a shell instance (With root if possible.)
Remount (Needs root also)
Flash(Recovery/Boot.img)
Root SOME devices(Using Bin4ry Script Credit to him)
Auto Download Root script
adb shell built in now
cmd shell built in
automatic updates
push files
install apks
get misc system information
Download ODIN for Samsung devices
Detect HTC device correctly for once lol
Application Manager
ADB Learning Center (Under Construction but not beta)
4.0-4.3 Backup Manager (Using adb backup NOT Nandroid)
0Nandroid intergration
Build.PROP veiwer (Soon to be editor too!)
Free device ram and kill background process

MORE TO COME!

This would allow one to use adb as a normal command from CMD.

E.G "C:\Users\Lab\>adb shell"
Instead of having to CD to C:\android\and all that.

Download the program: Version 5.0.2.26:New Download link[/COLOR]

As far as the newest huge feature in ADBGUI goes, the Application Manager is to be considered Pre-beta and should be used with extreme caution.
Requirements for the Application Manager:
> You need root
> It only works with 3rd Party (Downloaded from google play or other source)
> It does not work with all devices and has some major bugs.

Come on guys give some feed back!

Well enjoy!

Have questions or maybe want to report an issue?
Check out my Discussions Forum here otherwise you can post here at XDA Forums

About ClickOnce:
The core principle of ClickOnce is to ease the deployment of Windows applications. In addition, ClickOnce aims to solve three other problems with conventional deployment models: the difficulty in updating a deployed application, the impact of an application on the user's computer, and the need for administrator permissions to install applications.
ClickOnce-deployed applications are considered 'low impact', in that they are installed per-user, not per-machine. No administrator privileges are required to install one of these applications. Each ClickOnce application is isolated from the other. This means one ClickOnce application is not able to 'break' another. ClickOnce employs Code Access Security (CAS) to ensure that system functions cannot be called by a ClickOnce application from the web, ensuring the security of data and the client system in general.

Some other thinks about ClickOnce:
My ClickOnce application is personally signed, so windows will tell you the publisher is "Unknown" but that is OK. It will install just fine.

[UPDATE Nov. 21st 2013]
Hey guys!!

Just wanted to share some news for all you linux users!

I will be starting a linux conversion for ADBGUI to be fully compatible with Ubuntu/Debian/Arch Linux Distros!

Details: Click Here!

Last edited:

thronnos

Apr 28, 2011
San Antonio
www.TheOrderGaming.net
Is this ADB GUI project open source?

I think this is a really cool idea. Might also help get more users into ADB and willing to learn what things do. (sometimes it's scary when thinking of command line)

Shifted from the bottom of the rabbit hole

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
Is this ADB GUI project open source?

I think this is a really cool idea. Might also help get more users into ADB and willing to learn what things do. (sometimes it's scary when thinking of command line)

Shifted from the bottom of the rabbit hole

I will be posting the source on github but it is written in VB.NET. I am also happy to answer questions about the source code.

Required program for the source is
visual studio 2012.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using xda premium

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
Fixed bug with version 2.1:
Would still try to download, even if you selected no.
and added Android Device Discovery

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
Tonight around 11pm central time I will be uploading the source code for this project.

Kilroy.

Aug 5, 2012
Cologne
Over 400 dpwnloads and no one has anything to comment about?

Sorry, bro, I thought the same after releasing my first few works... Sadly, that how it seems to be.

To the tool: I think its awesome, haven't had any problems so far. Don't give up!

Sent from my U20i using xda app-developers app

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
Just Updated to V2.6:

Added F-Droid for all you Open Source fans!

Also fixed a bug where applications would not install correctly for some devices(Still does not fix all of them)

Download: http://urgero.org/node/5

If you already have 2.4 or higher, just launch the program as administrator and it will prompt you to update, otherwise download 2.4 aat the link above to upgrade to 2.6!

Reactions: tinyXperia

mr_itou

Oct 25, 2012
Does not work on mine. Dont know why.
it says: "is not valid s Win32."

Please help.
i have winxp 32 bit.

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
Make sure you run as administrator and that all the files are extracted from the archive. Also make sure they are all in the same folder.

If you could post a screenshot that would be great help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys I know I have posted some other similar programs, but hopefully this will raise the bar on how people use Android Debug Bridge.

So To start off, this program will not root any phone, but can easily break a phone if used improperly.
    Secondly, If you need to ask what a button in the program THEN DO NOT USE IT!
    I will only answer questions if they involve drivers or programming bugs, NOT for something like "What is Sync?" because If you do not know, then you do not need to know now.

SEE LINKS BELOW FOR MORE RECENT UPDATES!

This program has some built in ADB functions:
    Rebooting- Recovery/Bootloader/Fastboot.
    Sync from a folder (If you don't know or have to ask do not use!)
    Use logcat
    Start up a shell instance (With root if possible.)
    Remount (Needs root also)
    Flash(Recovery/Boot.img)
    Root SOME devices(Using Bin4ry Script Credit to him)
    Auto Download Root script
    adb shell built in now
    cmd shell built in
    automatic updates
    push files
    install apks
    get misc system information
    Download ODIN for Samsung devices
    Detect HTC device correctly for once lol
    Application Manager
    ADB Learning Center (Under Construction but not beta)
    4.0-4.3 Backup Manager (Using adb backup NOT Nandroid)
    0Nandroid intergration
    Build.PROP veiwer (Soon to be editor too!)
    Free device ram and kill background process

MORE TO COME!

This would allow one to use adb as a normal command from CMD.

E.G "C:\Users\Lab\>adb shell"
    Instead of having to CD to C:\android\and all that.

Download the program: Version 5.0.2.26:New Download link[/COLOR]

As far as the newest huge feature in ADBGUI goes, the Application Manager is to be considered Pre-beta and should be used with extreme caution.
    Requirements for the Application Manager:
    > You need root
    > It only works with 3rd Party (Downloaded from google play or other source)
    > It does not work with all devices and has some major bugs.

Come on guys give some feed back!

Well enjoy!

Have questions or maybe want to report an issue?
    Check out my Discussions Forum here otherwise you can post here at XDA Forums

About ClickOnce:
    The core principle of ClickOnce is to ease the deployment of Windows applications. In addition, ClickOnce aims to solve three other problems with conventional deployment models: the difficulty in updating a deployed application, the impact of an application on the user's computer, and the need for administrator permissions to install applications.
    ClickOnce-deployed applications are considered 'low impact', in that they are installed per-user, not per-machine. No administrator privileges are required to install one of these applications. Each ClickOnce application is isolated from the other. This means one ClickOnce application is not able to 'break' another. ClickOnce employs Code Access Security (CAS) to ensure that system functions cannot be called by a ClickOnce application from the web, ensuring the security of data and the client system in general.

Some other thinks about ClickOnce:
    My ClickOnce application is personally signed, so windows will tell you the publisher is "Unknown" but that is OK. It will install just fine.

[UPDATE Nov. 21st 2013]
    Hey guys!!

Just wanted to share some news for all you linux users!

I will be starting a linux conversion for ADBGUI to be fully compatible with Ubuntu/Debian/Arch Linux Distros!

Details: Click Here!
    Over 400 dpwnloads and no one has anything to comment about?

Hey guys, I know on my website, I had posted by Saturday night the new update would be here, but I ran into some..... personal problems on Friday night, don't want to give out details but long story short its been a rough week and weekend. I am trying to work on the update now.

Thank you for understanding.
    Well I just released 3.9 a little early for everyone, update should show up in a few minutes.

Change log is in the application.

A lot of big changes in this one guys!

Tell me what you think!

***It is recommended that you uninstall any previous version of ADBGUI and redownload and reinstall the latest version.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    @sandix Where's the source code?

Hey, so the source code was lost, however a new, better, project has become available by me: https://github.com/mitchellurgero/ADBWUI

Let me know if you need anything via the issue tracker there.