XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [JB 4.2.2] CM10.1/SGT7 for the Kindle Fire [20130724]

Tip us?

stylon
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by twa_priv View Post
kernel_otter-20130502-0853-exp-backlight.zip @ http://goo.im/devs/loosethisskin/otter-cm10.1/kernel
Hi twa_priv,

just found the time to test your ROM -/+ experimental kernel. For me the fix works. Without the fix, brightness 100% and connected to power and the KF sent to sleep via button it doesn't turn off the backlight (if you turn it slightly down, it only looks like it works then). The regular time-out sleep seems to work, but only because it turns down the brightness before. In any case you'll see kernel messages like this:

<3>[ 18.290252] omap_timer omap_timer.10: omap2_dm_timer_set_src: clk_set_parent() to sys_ck FAILED

Here, the driver complains about the race condition and as a result stops doing anything to change the backlight clock. On the experimental kernel (containing the fix) you don't see those messages and the backlight turns off as expected. However, it sometimes takes 3-5 seconds on this ROM, whereas plain CM10.1 does it <1 second, but that's possibly due to some differences in wake_locks.

The rewritten ambient light sensor driver is also active in the experimental kernel. Thanks, twa_priv to add that one, too . For those who want to play around with it:

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/lightsensor-level/enable
cat /sys/devices/platform/lightsensor-level/lux

Repeat the last line to read lux values again. And don't forget to shed some different levels of light onto the sensor, of course .

For the sensor to work from Android we still need to route it through the Android SW layers. Does anyone know who's an xda-dev expert on that?

Best,
STYLON
2 x KF#1: 1 x buildroot + qt5, 1 x [ROM-AOSP] Stock JB 4.2.2_r1
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stylon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neudof
Old
(Last edited by neudof; 7th May 2013 at 12:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 345
I am trying to set up my wifes old kindle fire for my daughter and want to apply this theme but no matter what I do I get the compiled incorrectly error.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...cSIXNuC5F13X4A

I installed the latest rom, the experimental kernel and the nexus 7 build prop if that makes a difference

If anyone can get thus to work and let me know how I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: Changed dpi to 140 rebooted and applied

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

twa_priv
Old
(Last edited by twa_priv; 7th May 2013 at 05:39 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylon View Post
Hi twa_priv,

just found the time to test your ROM -/+ experimental kernel. For me the fix works. Without the fix, brightness 100% and connected to power and the KF sent to sleep via button it doesn't turn off the backlight (if you turn it slightly down, it only looks like it works then). The regular time-out sleep seems to work, but only because it turns down the brightness before. In any case you'll see kernel messages like this:

<3>[ 18.290252] omap_timer omap_timer.10: omap2_dm_timer_set_src: clk_set_parent() to sys_ck FAILED

Here, the driver complains about the race condition and as a result stops doing anything to change the backlight clock. On the experimental kernel (containing the fix) you don't see those messages and the backlight turns off as expected. However, it sometimes takes 3-5 seconds on this ROM, whereas plain CM10.1 does it <1 second, but that's possibly due to some differences in wake_locks.

The rewritten ambient light sensor driver is also active in the experimental kernel. Thanks, twa_priv to add that one, too . For those who want to play around with it:

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/lightsensor-level/enable
cat /sys/devices/platform/lightsensor-level/lux

Repeat the last line to read lux values again. And don't forget to shed some different levels of light onto the sensor, of course .

For the sensor to work from Android we still need to route it through the Android SW layers. Does anyone know who's an xda-dev expert on that?

Best,
STYLON
[20130505]
* Compiled using Sabermod's Android EABI GCC 4.9 toolchain [Thanks Paul Beeler]
* Framework: Add hardware accelerated flag to tablet status bar
* Device: Enabled automatic brightness setting (requires backlight kernel below to be flashed in order work)
* Kernel: Linux 3.0.76
* Kernel: Latest aosp changes
* Java 1.7

Standalone 20130507 Kernel
* Included stylon's backlight/light sensor fixes (Thanks stylon)
* Added init.d script to set /sys/devices/platform/lightsensor-level/enable to 1
* Kernel: lowmemorykiller: make default lowmemorykiller debug message useful

@stylon: Not sure if something else is missing
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to twa_priv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndroidSlave
Old
Thanks Meter 4019
Thanks tom...torrent mirror coming soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SV using Tapatalk 3

alancai
Old
Thanks Meter 4
OMG!

Device: Enabled automatic brightness setting (requires backlight kernel below to be flashed in order work)

Guitarman
Old
Thanks Meter 155
I just flashed the new 5-05 update along with the experimental kernel and one issue I did find was in relation to the automatic brightness setting. The sensor seems to work to adjust backlight LED in accordance with the environmental light level but every time I tried hitting the 'Adjust' button, the Settings would FC. Thanks again for all your hard work
.....when you hit the walls of sanity, you have no-where to go.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Guitarman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vlasp
Old
Thanks Meter 106
So the kernel will also work on chameleon OS?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk HD
Don't Hesitate, Press the Thanks Button!>>>>><<<<<

tobiascuypers
Old
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasp View Post
So the kernel will also work on chameleon OS?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk HD
Yupp. Definitely!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

My work:

Stock Kindle Fire Rom (With extras)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2211872

My devices:
Nokia Lumia 810
Google Nexus 10

Stock
Unlocked
Rooted

KindleFire

[OFFICIAL] CM10.1
Hashcode's Kernel
TWRP 2.5.0.0
FFF 1.4a

Hit Thanks if I helped!

wildguess
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks a ot for your hard work, guys.

Here is another one, though:
1. Create a new user.
2. Log in as a user you just created.
3. Open Settings. The Settings app crashes.

jaegorith
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman2010 View Post
I just flashed the new 5-05 update along with the experimental kernel and one issue I did find was in relation to the automatic brightness setting. The sensor seems to work to adjust backlight LED in accordance with the environmental light level but every time I tried hitting the 'Adjust' button, the Settings would FC. Thanks again for all your hard work
This is happening to me too. Here is my log file from CatLog.
Attached Files
File Type: txt AdjustBrightnessError.txt - [Click for QR Code] (6.4 KB, 20 views)

Tags
android 4.2.2, cm10.1, jellybean, linaro, sgt7