[ROM] [JB 4.2.2] CM10.1/SGT7 for the Kindle Fire [20130724]

OP twa_priv

6th May 2013, 09:11 PM   |  #1731  
Flag Aachen, Germany
Thanks Meter: 66

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twa_priv

kernel_otter-20130502-0853-exp-backlight.zip @ http://goo.im/devs/loosethisskin/otter-cm10.1/kernel

Hi twa_priv,

just found the time to test your ROM -/+ experimental kernel. For me the fix works. Without the fix, brightness 100% and connected to power and the KF sent to sleep via button it doesn't turn off the backlight (if you turn it slightly down, it only looks like it works then). The regular time-out sleep seems to work, but only because it turns down the brightness before. In any case you'll see kernel messages like this:

<3>[ 18.290252] omap_timer omap_timer.10: omap2_dm_timer_set_src: clk_set_parent() to sys_ck FAILED

Here, the driver complains about the race condition and as a result stops doing anything to change the backlight clock. On the experimental kernel (containing the fix) you don't see those messages and the backlight turns off as expected. However, it sometimes takes 3-5 seconds on this ROM, whereas plain CM10.1 does it <1 second, but that's possibly due to some differences in wake_locks.

The rewritten ambient light sensor driver is also active in the experimental kernel. Thanks, twa_priv to add that one, too . For those who want to play around with it:

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/lightsensor-level/enable
cat /sys/devices/platform/lightsensor-level/lux

Repeat the last line to read lux values again. And don't forget to shed some different levels of light onto the sensor, of course .

For the sensor to work from Android we still need to route it through the Android SW layers. Does anyone know who's an xda-dev expert on that?

Best,
STYLON
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stylon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2013, 12:36 AM   |  #1732  
Flag Mayer, MN
Thanks Meter: 385

1,604 posts
More
I am trying to set up my wifes old kindle fire for my daughter and want to apply this theme but no matter what I do I get the compiled incorrectly error.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...cSIXNuC5F13X4A

I installed the latest rom, the experimental kernel and the nexus 7 build prop if that makes a difference

If anyone can get thus to work and let me know how I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: Changed dpi to 140 rebooted and applied

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by neudof; 7th May 2013 at 12:48 AM.
7th May 2013, 04:29 AM   |  #1733  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,543

1,700 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylon

Hi twa_priv,

just found the time to test your ROM -/+ experimental kernel. For me the fix works. Without the fix, brightness 100% and connected to power and the KF sent to sleep via button it doesn't turn off the backlight (if you turn it slightly down, it only looks like it works then). The regular time-out sleep seems to work, but only because it turns down the brightness before. In any case you'll see kernel messages like this:

<3>[ 18.290252] omap_timer omap_timer.10: omap2_dm_timer_set_src: clk_set_parent() to sys_ck FAILED

Here, the driver complains about the race condition and as a result stops doing anything to change the backlight clock. On the experimental kernel (containing the fix) you don't see those messages and the backlight turns off as expected. However, it sometimes takes 3-5 seconds on this ROM, whereas plain CM10.1 does it <1 second, but that's possibly due to some differences in wake_locks.

The rewritten ambient light sensor driver is also active in the experimental kernel. Thanks, twa_priv to add that one, too . For those who want to play around with it:

echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/lightsensor-level/enable
cat /sys/devices/platform/lightsensor-level/lux

Repeat the last line to read lux values again. And don't forget to shed some different levels of light onto the sensor, of course .

For the sensor to work from Android we still need to route it through the Android SW layers. Does anyone know who's an xda-dev expert on that?

Best,
STYLON

[20130505]
* Compiled using Sabermod's Android EABI GCC 4.9 toolchain [Thanks Paul Beeler]
* Framework: Add hardware accelerated flag to tablet status bar
* Device: Enabled automatic brightness setting (requires backlight kernel below to be flashed in order work)
* Kernel: Linux 3.0.76
* Kernel: Latest aosp changes
* Java 1.7

Standalone 20130507 Kernel
* Included stylon's backlight/light sensor fixes (Thanks stylon)
* Added init.d script to set /sys/devices/platform/lightsensor-level/enable to 1
* Kernel: lowmemorykiller: make default lowmemorykiller debug message useful

@stylon: Not sure if something else is missing
Last edited by twa_priv; 7th May 2013 at 05:39 AM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to twa_priv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2013, 05:41 AM   |  #1734  
Flag Simi Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 4,249

5,296 posts
More
Thanks tom...torrent mirror coming soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SV using Tapatalk 3
7th May 2013, 06:29 AM   |  #1735  
Thanks Meter: 6

99 posts
OMG!

Device: Enabled automatic brightness setting (requires backlight kernel below to be flashed in order work)
7th May 2013, 11:58 AM   |  #1736  
Flag VA but would rather be in PA
Thanks Meter: 162

659 posts
I just flashed the new 5-05 update along with the experimental kernel and one issue I did find was in relation to the automatic brightness setting. The sensor seems to work to adjust backlight LED in accordance with the environmental light level but every time I tried hitting the 'Adjust' button, the Settings would FC. Thanks again for all your hard work
The Following User Says Thank You to Guitarman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2013, 01:54 PM   |  #1737  
Flag Plano, Texas
Thanks Meter: 107

549 posts
More
So the kernel will also work on chameleon OS?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk HD
7th May 2013, 07:00 PM   |  #1738  
Flag A little town called Proctor
Thanks Meter: 451

1,609 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasp

So the kernel will also work on chameleon OS?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk HD

Yupp. Definitely!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
7th May 2013, 11:24 PM   |  #1739  
Flag Calgary, AB
Thanks Meter: 6

32 posts
More
Thanks a ot for your hard work, guys.

Here is another one, though:
1. Create a new user.
2. Log in as a user you just created.
3. Open Settings. The Settings app crashes.
8th May 2013, 12:36 AM   |  #1740  
Thanks Meter: 18

106 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman2010

I just flashed the new 5-05 update along with the experimental kernel and one issue I did find was in relation to the automatic brightness setting. The sensor seems to work to adjust backlight LED in accordance with the environmental light level but every time I tried hitting the 'Adjust' button, the Settings would FC. Thanks again for all your hard work

This is happening to me too. Here is my log file from CatLog.
Attached Files
File Type: txt AdjustBrightnessError.txt - [Click for QR Code] (6.4 KB, 21 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, cm10.1, jellybean, linaro, sgt7
Previous Thread Next Thread