[Q] want to remove sound in camera

Search This thread

ulstar

Jan 6, 2012
Hi, i'm actually on ultimate rom LT4 v6 and i want to remove the sound in the camera app, how can i do ?

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
Add this to others.xml
"
<FeatureSet><CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu></FeatureSet>"

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

ulstar

Jan 6, 2012
but where can i find the file ?
edit : found it in system/csc
but there is a line similar : <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundmenu>TRUE</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

Do i have to modify the existing line or add a new ?

Last edited:

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
if there is a line already, open the camera app and click on settings and look for a menu of Shutter Sound On/Off

ulstar

Jan 6, 2012
I tried modifying the line, nothing, no option in camera.
I tried before modifying, no option in camera.
Is there any other way to remove the sound ? (By removing the sound file in system).

Envoyé depuis mon GT-N7000 avec Tapatalk

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
I tried modifying the line, nothing, no option in camera.
I tried before modifying, no option in camera.
Is there any other way to remove the sound ? (By removing the sound file in system).

restart phone, if still not option then try to go to /system/csc/feature.xml and add that line there
try this featuresx apk http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2162906
it works..

ulstar

Jan 6, 2012
i restarted the phone, still no option.
I looked for the feature.xml, but the file is missing in my system/csc.

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
i restarted the phone, still no option.
I looked for the feature.xml, but the file is missing in my system/csc.
Try to use the apk mentioned in the link above if still does not work.. go to /system/media/audio/ui and delete or rename shutter.ogg (make backup first) and it will disable the shutter sound without adding any menu option to re-enable it, you can also rename autofocus file too as autofocus sound will still work if you just rename shutter.ogg...

ulstar

Jan 6, 2012
still not working, i tried the featurex app, nothing, i tried renaming the sound files, still sound in camera. I tried renaming all sound with camera and shutter in their name, still not working.

hotracer

May 5, 2013
France
I renamed sound names, shutter sound is now down, but autofocus sounds are still here!??
I never understood why Sammy still install this feature, why they don't less us choosing to activate the sound or not?

ulstar

Jan 6, 2012
i tried, but still no option. Still sound in camera and no menu like in the link you gave.

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
still not working, i tried the featurex app, nothing, i tried renaming the sound files, still sound in camera. I tried renaming all sound with camera and shutter in their name, still not working.

There is a tutorial by majdinj on how to disable sound by decompiling the camera apk. Check for that thread in development section.

ulstar

Jan 6, 2012
I found the tutorial, tried to decompile samsungcamera.apk, but not working.
I give up, the only way to not have the sound is to put phone on vibrare or mute. I'll use this method and will try again next time i'll flash a new rom.