[ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.2] Crossbones 2.3.3 [7/13/2013]

Search This thread

sirxdroid

Nov 21, 2012
Can I disable the screen rotation when on the launcher home screen or is that a mod that cannot be undone? I prefer the stock approach where the home screen doesn't rotate but apps still do, so I don't want screen rotation completely disabled.

mwielgosz

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2010
xbones.org
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.2] Crossbones 2.3.1 [3/6/2013]

Can I disable the screen rotation when on the launcher home screen or is that a mod that cannot be undone? I prefer the stock approach where the home screen doesn't rotate but apps still do, so I don't want screen rotation completely disabled.

That specific option would need to be added. I do want the menu button present on the stock launcher so you can easily access settings and launcher prefs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.2] Crossbones 2.3.1 [3/6/2013]

Modifying the stock launcher for this is extremely easy. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Something that I can't understand why its never been implemented in Trebuchet/stock launcher is custom app drawer categories and hidden apps. Given that feature and maybe Icon Masking support and custom grid sizes I might even be willing to try out stock launcher. Its just a hassle to expect anyone to code those things in with so many well made launcher alternatives out there.

kidrobot52

Oct 12, 2010
NYC
Wondering if this is dead? Still using the last update. Every thing still working smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

kidrobot52

Oct 12, 2010
NYC
Hey take your time. Like I said the last update still working amazing for me.. Went to a couple other ROMs and them settled back on this one cause it the smoothest with no performs what so ever.

So thanks for the response and great work.

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
Well I squashed the one bug we were having with the new status bar clock options so a release should be coming no later than sunday!

Reactions: Acvice

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011
Well I squashed the one bug we were having with the new status bar clock options so a release should be coming no later than sunday!

Ironic that I happened to resurrect this thread when I did, haha! That's great news! By the way, in case you didn't know there have been multiple commits that fixed various memory leaks in systemui.apk in the past month. Might wanna look into getting those added if they are not already. I will look into tracking down those commits for you guys. Also, great choice with the decision to move to Lean Kernel! While Morfic does a great job with Trinity, Imoseyon is consistently on his A-Game in recent updates.

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
Ironic that I happened to resurrect this thread when I did, haha! That's great news! By the way, in case you didn't know there have been multiple commits that fixed various memory leaks in systemui.apk in the past month. Might wanna look into getting those added if they are not already. I will look into tracking down those commits for you guys. Also, great choice with the decision to move to Lean Kernel! While Morfic does a great job with Trinity, Imoseyon is consistently on his A-Game in recent updates.

All of the ones that would help this ROM have been commited in as ive come across them, if you want to get a list together i will look over it still.

Reactions: Acvice

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011
30+ downloads, a few thanks and no comments so ill assume all is well :D

Yeah man its pretty golden. Took me a while to find the status bar clock options. Felt like an idiot... I made my rounds and tested everything, and it all works beautifully. Literally the only thing I can complain about in this ROM is lack of customization (ie, theme chooser support). Holo blue is just ridiculously hard to live with after using it for so very long. While Im sure you all consider it to be a 'heavy' cherry pick that probably won't ever make the cut, one can dream.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xlle6g.png

mwielgosz - Lead Developer
    IT Blackbelt - Developer

Current version: 2.3.3
    This custom Android project is built off of Google android-4.2.2_r1.2 source code.
    The FEATURE list can be found here
    The CHANGELOG can be found here

Source code:
    https://github.com/Crossbones

------------------------------------------

Installation instructions:
    * Wipe your phone through recovery
    * Flash ROM
    * Flash gapps
    * Reboot

------------------------------------------

Download links:
    Current Version: 2.3.3 (Jellybean-4.2.2)
    ROM: 2.3.3 Download
    GAPPS: Official Gapps

Rom Updated, enjoy!
    I have a build going of a 100% stock 4.3 build thats rooted and has busy box included, only reason I havent included other features is because I want to see if data works before I do all that, but im fairly confident that there will be working data ;)
    OP updated, enjoy!
    Wondering if this is dead? Still using the last update. Every thing still working smooth.

Nope not dead, we both have been busy with life and we wanted to make the next release a great 1 so it's just taking a little time :p