Galaxy S3 contact list (phone book) slowly

Search This thread

Andy-HH

Aug 6, 2012
Hello, greetings from Deutchland and I would like to sincerely all those present here to read my lines. Many thanks for that.
I've also been in many other German forums but not yet received any answer much more useful and now I hofffe that you can help me please

I use a Galaxy S3 WanamLite 2.0. But unfortunately I have a problem with the request that you help me.
When I try to open the contacts on the Samsung does it take so four seconds before I can see the contacts. then after that when I open another application and then go to the contacts it opens instantly. Do I use the phone for quite some time no more and then unlock the screen an like my contacts back open again so it takes so four seconds.

I want to open the contact list .... this takes about 4-5 seconds to open it ... then again I do anything else with dm phone and open the contact list then it goes fast ... then I put on the phone for 30 minutes away and it goes into sleep mode ... then I wake it up again and again call on the contact list again and it takes a small eternity .... I would like to change that I do not always wait 4-5 seconds be open to the contact list is.

Thx

--
Andreas

Reactions: youcomco

jagwar

Jan 20, 2008
Having the same problem here, after que last firmware upgrade... even when I receive a call, it takes some seconds to recognize the number and show the contact picture...

Reactions: youcomco

omar300

Jul 2, 2012
Toronto
its all clear

Andreas dont worry, nothing is wrong with your phone, its the samsung theme(touchwiz). i have cyanogen mod 10 which is very fast, i can asure you its fast, if you dont want to install new rom, find a new kernel to speed up your phone.
I was just using my buddy's gs3 today and his phone has original rom and yes it was slow in response.
So, there fore your phone is good, no worries. :good:

Edit: He did have alot of apps so if that is same thing with you. Factory Reset your phone by going in settings. its a hassle but it would make you happy though.

Last edited:

H_BM

Dec 24, 2010
yeah mine too...pretty annoying....Im on cm9 but i found out the voice/sound is quite low compare to stock althought the contact load very quickly....those samsung guys who read this thread please do something with contact app.........

TheJackal50

Jun 7, 2012
My contacts open slow

I have Galaxy S3 and I have same problem. I receive update 4.1.2 and my phone goes slow, when I was on 4.0.4 phone works perfect. Did facoty reset help my?

tiborprogmed

Nov 6, 2009
Baja
Hi

is there any original official sollution to solve OUR problem?

thanks

Hello, greetings from Deutchland and I would like to sincerely all those present here to read my lines. Many thanks for that.
I've also been in many other German forums but not yet received any answer much more useful and now I hofffe that you can help me please

I use a Galaxy S3 WanamLite 2.0. But unfortunately I have a problem with the request that you help me.
When I try to open the contacts on the Samsung does it take so four seconds before I can see the contacts. then after that when I open another application and then go to the contacts it opens instantly. Do I use the phone for quite some time no more and then unlock the screen an like my contacts back open again so it takes so four seconds.

I want to open the contact list .... this takes about 4-5 seconds to open it ... then again I do anything else with dm phone and open the contact list then it goes fast ... then I put on the phone for 30 minutes away and it goes into sleep mode ... then I wake it up again and again call on the contact list again and it takes a small eternity .... I would like to change that I do not always wait 4-5 seconds be open to the contact list is.

Thx

--
Andreas

I had the same issue, I tried something that's worked. Go to your Google Now settings. Under Phone Search, remove 'Contacts'. That fixed it for me. The downside is that 'send text to blah blah' and 'call blah blah' won't work in Google Now. I barely used that anyway, so I can manage. Hope this helps.

Having the same problem here, after que last firmware upgrade... even when I receive a call, it takes some seconds to recognize the number and show the contact picture...

Reactions: sashablue

jamali2300

Mar 7, 2013
solution for slow contact liste

starting have the same problem in my galaxy s3 at a cost of i descider my sim card and change hop and solved the problem .... try to change your SIM card will be resolved

Good luck :fingers-crossed:

--
Andreas

3boran

Jan 24, 2012
I think I found a solution. Go in to contacts>Contacts to display>Customized list>uncheck everything except the google account.

My phone app and contacts app now open instantly. I think the lag was because of the samsung account.

Try and report.

Cheers, 3boran

sashablue

Oct 6, 2011
Bucharest
I had the same issue, I tried something that's worked. Go to your Google Now settings. Under Phone Search, remove 'Contacts'. That fixed it for me. The downside is that 'send text to blah blah' and 'call blah blah' won't work in Google Now. I barely used that anyway, so I can manage. Hope this helps.

That worked for me,
Thank you toadpole

parhamn

May 10, 2013
I''ve the same problem. I've noticed something that may help someone figure out the problem and a possible solution. That is when I activate airplane mode the contacts list's speed becomes normal. When I deactivate airplane mode again it becomes slow again. Activating Wi-Fi or Bluetooth in airplane mode doesn't make it slow so I guess it has something to do with sim card.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

ariel1w

May 11, 2013
Had the same problem - Found a solution!

Hey man,

I have been using an app called ExDialer.

it does everything just as good and doesn't lag.

This one cost a few bucks, maybe you can find one for free.

I personally don't mind supporting the guys.

Works great for me!

Thx

--
Andreas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think I found a solution. Go in to contacts>Contacts to display>Customized list>uncheck everything except the google account.

My phone app and contacts app now open instantly. I think the lag was because of the samsung account.

Try and report.

Cheers, 3boran

Thx

--
    Andreas