[Q]How to flash firmware in LG optimus G korean version F180L

Search This thread

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
Hi all,
Planning on buying this LGOG, but just wanna know. Is this korean version LGOG have the limited sms characters to 80 only?

am using go sms pro and there is 160 problem solved

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Sir where I can download kdz_fw_upd_en? Please post a screen shot how to do it.

Thank you very much in advance to all of you here..

Hope I can fix this asap.

Thanks..

i googled it :)
https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=...les;..0.0...1ac.2.4.mobile-gws-hp.cj_-xJKrjFs

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

I tried downgrading firmware via flashing .kdz but keep getting the PORT -1 error, not sure what I'm doing wrong...

- PC running Vista
- downloaded and installed LG USB driver using LG Mobile Support Tool, message indicates successful
- turn off device, reboot into service mode (hold power + vol up)
- connect device to PC via USB
- Device Manager, no LG modem listed **I think my problem lies here somewhere?**
- run Windows Enabler as admin, click in tray so "ON" is displayed
- run KDZ_FW_UPD_EN as admin, Type = 3GQCT
- navigate to appropriate .kdz file, press "launch software update"
- unpacks .kdz, then PORT -1, DEVICE NOT FOUND error occurs

any advice or insight would be appreciated. and Happy Holidays to everyone as well!

EDIT:solved. need to put device into Download Mode. power off. insert usb. hold power/ vol up/ vol down. release buttons when Download Mode icon apperars on screen. proceed. Cheers to boakun and l0ng0ne on the ICR channel.
So u ve solved problem now,is your lg optimus g F180L now fully english??
thnx

chevro1et

Oct 23, 2012
Busan
So u ve solved problem now,is your lg optimus g F180L now fully english??
thnx
My problem was not related to language, my problem was related to successfully flashing KDZ. I use the Korean stock ROM with the language setting English. Everything is in English. I don't see what your problem is. :shrug:

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
I set it to english but dial thingy is in korea then when i want call someone bar will pop up if i want to cal corea or local .. dunno hoe to get rid of it.. and couple other things..
was wondering if i can have i like E973 layout ..

Sent from my LG-F180L using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

chevro1et

Oct 23, 2012
Busan
I set it to english but dial thingy is in korea then when i want call someone bar will pop up if i want to cal corea or local .. dunno hoe to get rid of it.. and couple other things..
was wondering if i can have i like E973 layout ..

Check the Hong Kong KDZ thread, I think some guys were having success flashing that ROM to the F180 devices.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2123249

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
check out my new thread in general :) so all wait for that :)

kidrawk

Apr 29, 2013
check out my new thread in general :) so all wait for that :)

hi iEthos, can you provide the link?

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

i have got a local E975 set and a korean U+ F180L, exact software version is F180L20P.

i am in urgent need to migrate the korean F180L to E975 as well. i've read quite abit in this forum but im still unsure how to proceed.

I have downloaded the required E97510D .KDZ file for my country(singapore)

may i know how can i flash it to this firmware?

the current H/LTE band on the F180L does not cater to my mobile carrier band. it is only showing 3G =(

will flashing to the E97510D enables my LTE?

skdubg

Feb 9, 2010
no it does not activate LTE

you need your original efs and modem partition to get the 180L work with other firmware

yuth_kh

May 9, 2013
Hi ! My LG Optimus G (Korean version ) Extract file error.

how to solve when process LG Electronics ( KDZ_FW_UPD )

1- Launching SW update
2- Unpacking KDZ
3- KDZ file extraced
4- Extract file error ( how to solve this problem ? )

anyone can help please !!

assassin.abdul

Mar 9, 2013
Flashing a fully english rom on LG F180L?

I tried downgrading firmware via flashing .kdz but keep getting the PORT -1 error, not sure what I'm doing wrong...

- PC running Vista
- downloaded and installed LG USB driver using LG Mobile Support Tool, message indicates successful
- turn off device, reboot into service mode (hold power + vol up)
- connect device to PC via USB
- Device Manager, no LG modem listed **I think my problem lies here somewhere?**
- run Windows Enabler as admin, click in tray so "ON" is displayed
- run KDZ_FW_UPD_EN as admin, Type = 3GQCT
- navigate to appropriate .kdz file, press "launch software update"
- unpacks .kdz, then PORT -1, DEVICE NOT FOUND error occurs

any advice or insight would be appreciated. and Happy Holidays to everyone as well!

EDIT:solved. need to put device into Download Mode. power off. insert usb. hold power/ vol up/ vol down. release buttons when Download Mode icon apperars on screen. proceed. Cheers to boakun and l0ng0ne on the ICR channel.
Dear sir!
I have a korean LG F180L model phone i flashed it with a Hongkong based kdz firmware but after this i found that there is no signal and some time it shows signal strength like -103dbm 2asu so i went back to stock firmware using kdz updater tool. Now i again want to flash a fully English firmware on it. Please help me about this because i hate Korean language.
Thanks in Advance.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Sir where I can download kdz_fw_upd_en? Please post a screen shot how to do it.

Thank you very much in advance to all of you here..

Hope I can fix this asap.

Thanks..
\
Here is the link Complete list of firmware

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40757830

fra6220

May 30, 2013
Castelbolognese
Change firmware LG OPTIMUS G F180L TO E975(ITA)

Hi guys , my LG optimus G is a F180L , it has the same characteristics of the italian model (e975) . Can I change firmware with kdz or is it Dangerous?

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
It has been already discussed several times. Yes, you can flash, no danger in bricking, but you may end-up with non working wi-fi, no lte connection,even no network connection.
If you would read more carefully, you'd see there are differences on modem,regarding LTE frequencies.So, before doing that, start documenting. In some cases it was a succes, in other cases they had problems i mentioned above. You decide if it's worth the trouble or not.
PS : a simple search would enlighten you.

Reactions: fra6220

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
Hi guys , my LG optimus G is a F180L , it has the same characteristics of the italian model (e975) . Can I change firmware with kdz or is it Dangerous?

Hi mateI have sucess. done converting ..
i can tell u how to do it when i get time .. swnd me PM will get back to u ..
thing is about wifi ; your wifi WILL work but u need follow proces exactly LTE network will NEVER work cos in F180L devices is only one band frequency implemented JUST for Korea country where that band is used ..
In EU they using different bands ..
So we HAVE TO wait untill future smartphones WILL have all supported and used Lte / 4G frequencies implemented same this was with 3G in past..

Reactions: fra6220

fra6220

May 30, 2013
Castelbolognese
Yes Lte band is not gonna work on my Lg it has 850 Mhz , italian band uses 800,1800,2000,2600 Mhz . @GalaxySIII I'll send you a private message when I need to use KDZ and change firmware thank you very much , you're very friendly. But why there is the problem that I couldn't use Wifi putting Italian firmware?
I don't care much about LTE for the moment I can also use HSPA+
I read about other posts there is a problem with wifi, signal (baseband)

Last edited:

nijujose

Feb 21, 2010
Lg optimus g f180l

Hi guys,

I bought a U+ Sim Locked LG Optimus G F180L from korea and when i tried to insert another sim its not working. Will my phone work in india? How can i unlock it? How to install a fresh new english firmware to my phone? Guys please Help... Moreover i am not sure with my model too...LG-F180L is whats its showing in the model type... Is this LG optimus G?

Many thanks in advance

NJ

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
Yes Lte band is not gonna work on my Lg it has 850 Mhz , italian band uses 800,1800,2000,2600 Mhz . @GalaxySIII I'll send you a private message when I need to use KDZ and change firmware thank you very much , you're very friendly. But why there is the problem that I couldn't use Wifi putting Italian firmware?
I don't care much about LTE for the moment I can also use HSPA+
I read about other posts there is a problem with wifi, signal (baseband)

It didnt wirk for me but after few flashings it worked ..
Think u need wipe caches..

bossfang

Jun 4, 2013
flashing kdz is not in this mode

Sent from my LG Optimus G , the best phone for me。

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
Hi guys,

I bought a U+ Sim Locked LG Optimus G F180L from korea and when i tried to insert another sim its not working. Will my phone work in india? How can i unlock it? How to install a fresh new english firmware to my phone? Guys please Help... Moreover i am not sure with my model too...LG-F180L is whats its showing in the model type... Is this LG optimus G?

Many thanks in advance

NJ

Hi read this page of thread and post #70
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160611&page=7

nijujose

Feb 21, 2010
LG F180L unlock.. help required

Many thanks for ur reply. I couldnt make out how to do that. When i am switching off my phone and after pressing the volume down button + power button its opening in the factory reset option and its just wiping off the data and making it into the fresh sim locked phone again.
I switched off again and then pressed volume up + power button and its showing like the attached picture where i dont know korean at all.
please help me to wipe the phone with a latest english firmware where i can use any network sim.

Many thanks and regards
NJ

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
Many thanks for ur reply. I couldnt make out how to do that. When i am switching off my phone and after pressing the volume down button + power button its opening in the factory reset option and its just wiping off the data and making it into the fresh sim locked phone again.
I switched off again and then pressed volume up + power button and its showing like the attached picture where i dont know korean at all.
please help me to wipe the phone with a latest english firmware where i can use any network sim.

Many thanks and regards
NJ

U should enter into download mode
U have to connect usb then turn it off and wait for battery icon charging THEN u HAVE to press and hold BOTH up and down buttons + power button two or three sec. and download mode will appear..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No its not ok.

There no english ROM for Korean devices yet.
    Btw why just dont change the language to English in settings?
    The screen says:
    This is a state for service center's backup and upgrade.
    Usual users, please dont use this state and leave it by holding the power button for 8 seconds.
    Something like that.

Your logs says:
    Port= -1
    and PHONE NOT FOUND.

I bet you didnt install the drivers properly or you didnt choose the proper port
    LG Optimus G F180L Korea SMS characters limit

Hi all,
    Planning on buying this LGOG, but just wanna know. Is this korean version LGOG have the limited sms characters to 80 only?

dear sir,
    i have LG Optimus G F180L Korea model
    the SMS characters limit is 80 only but the solutions are many through Google Play Magazin
    i instaled Handcent SMS - very good - increase the limit to 160 characters with also may others internal options for the user and display form, shape, colours etc.
    best regards
    It has been already discussed several times. Yes, you can flash, no danger in bricking, but you may end-up with non working wi-fi, no lte connection,even no network connection.
    If you would read more carefully, you'd see there are differences on modem,regarding LTE frequencies.So, before doing that, start documenting. In some cases it was a succes, in other cases they had problems i mentioned above. You decide if it's worth the trouble or not.
    PS : a simple search would enlighten you.

Hi mateI have sucess. done converting ..
    i can tell u how to do it when i get time .. swnd me PM will get back to u ..
    thing is about wifi ; your wifi WILL work but u need follow proces exactly LTE network will NEVER work cos in F180L devices is only one band frequency implemented JUST for Korea country where that band is used ..
    In EU they using different bands ..
    So we HAVE TO wait untill future smartphones WILL have all supported and used Lte / 4G frequencies implemented same this was with 3G in past..