XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]Special Pro Classic 6.49.000.1[Online 04/01/10]

Tip us?

jmckeejr
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonski View Post
HTC Decided That Old Users would not miss the Camera Button and they only care about the New users. I do miss the extra Camera Button And i miss a decent D-Pad, how the hell are we supposed to play Games. If i'm correct these Long_ hooks should be somewhere in KbdNopAll.dll or keypad.dll

No Camera in there, but i do wonder what some of these do and react to
Short_Power.lnk
Long_Power.lnk
Short_PTT.lnk
Long_PTT.lnk
Short_SMS.lnk ?
Long_Send.lnk
Short_Explore.lnk ?
Short_OperaL.lnk ?
Short_Messaging.lnk ?
Short_SMS.lnk ?
As Raphael does not have Internet buttons.

Which Gives me change of the first finished "Removed Packages" attachments.

Small Tute on Using These .XDAS files.

I have removed packages from the ROM that i really never have any need for personally.
I will try to provide these as .XDAS files instead of Cabs.

They are quicker and leave less mess than a .cab file
Download the file, then take away the .zip extension.
Then drop them into the XDA_UC folder on your SD card before Flashing.
Or you can execute them on the device by renaming the .xdas extension to .xda after flashing.
This is of course only if you need this particular part.
Do not rename the package beyond taking away the .zip extension as it will not install.
These hooks are in keypad.dll, there is an app(PTT Mod) which adds them all to Settings>Buttons even with icons. Should be in OEM repo, or send me a PM and I'll give you the Legacy version. Thanks for the scripts. Might throw the SMS threading into my new PHM Administrative folder Thanks, and dont forget to grab the updated icon in OEM Repo too.

Now on Android, Asus Tf300t
Recent devices: Lenovo IdeaPad a2109.
Acer a100 for a week but I killed it.
Now on Galaxy s3 AT&T
Next > Galaxy S4

rizor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Fantastic rom

thanks
MDA Vario IV (Raphael)
SPL: 1.90.OliNex
Rom: Special Pro Classic
Radio: 1.14.25.05
SIM/CID/Security Unlocked

Noonski
Old
(Last edited by Noonski; 16th July 2009 at 07:09 AM.)
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizor View Post
Fantastic rom

thanks
Great to hear from a very early version of the rom at least i know i'm doing something good.

I will add Dutch Keyboard support in next versions BTW haven't had the time yet.

As for current stuff:
I have chosen to remove the ConnectionSetupDownload from the Package.
I had already disabled it, but since this is XDA and we can alway get the latest and the greatest, i see no use for a service that downloads uopdated Connection settings that rarely get updated more then the ones we already finsd and cook in. One less Service killed.
Searching for Anwsers on XDA? Try The FireFox & IE Search Bar Plug In

www.noonski.nl For My Device History, BackLog, Beer Gifting, Off Topic Rants and everything else that won't fit in my Signature.

corepda
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Noonski, I was just eager to see full ROM screenshots, like program icons, settings, about, device info. That would be good marketing tool too.

dwmackay
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Greetings Noonski,

I tried your ROM last night. It looks like it will be a great product when completed. I noted a couple of items that you may wish to look at.
  1. This was the first ROM I tried that did not pick-up my previous time & date.
  2. When I clicked on the clock in TF to set the correct time, I added a city and the keyboard poped-up, but would not work. I pressed keys, but nothing happened. I did the same thing later and the keyboard did not pop up, so maybe it was not supposed to the first time. Also I tried using the vertical a-z list on the right to select United States. I highlighted the U, but did not move the list. It just stayed at the top and it was necessary to scroll.
  3. Backlight settings could not survive the first 2 soft resets. They went back to default. After 2 it worked fine.
  4. I initially liked the look of the menus for Programs, Setting etc... but they became confusing and cluttered with so many nested menus all stacked on top of each other. I would be 4 or 5 menus deep and if I pressed the back key, it would close all of them, not just the one I was in. It made navigating the menus difficult.
Items 1-3 are no big deal. #4 I found to be not to my liking. I am certian that many others will really like it, but for me I could not get the hang of it. I actually installed SPB Shell just to figure out what was on the phone. The menu system of Shell is very simple and easy to navigate; similar to native 6.1.

Thanks for your efforts. I am sure that the finished product will be great.

Doug M.

Noonski
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmackay View Post
Greetings Noonski,

I tried your ROM last night. It looks like it will be a great product when completed. I noted a couple of items that you may wish to look at.
  1. This was the first ROM I tried that did not pick-up my previous time & date.
  2. When I clicked on the clock in TF to set the correct time, I added a city and the keyboard poped-up, but would not work. I pressed keys, but nothing happened. I did the same thing later and the keyboard did not pop up, so maybe it was not supposed to the first time. Also I tried using the vertical a-z list on the right to select United States. I highlighted the U, but did not move the list. It just stayed at the top and it was necessary to scroll.
  3. Backlight settings could not survive the first 2 soft resets. They went back to default. After 2 it worked fine.
  4. I initially liked the look of the menus for Programs, Setting etc... but they became confusing and cluttered with so many nested menus all stacked on top of each other. I would be 4 or 5 menus deep and if I pressed the back key, it would close all of them, not just the one I was in. It made navigating the menus difficult.
Items 1-3 are no big deal. #4 I found to be not to my liking. I am certian that many others will really like it, but for me I could not get the hang of it. I actually installed SPB Shell just to figure out what was on the phone. The menu system of Shell is very simple and easy to navigate; similar to native 6.1.

Thanks for your efforts. I am sure that the finished product will be great.

Doug M.
1. I don't get this, I never flashed a rom that would keep the time and date. But the rom's date is set to the official release date i have not changed that as Synchro time pops up in the end to get me the exact time.
2. Yup i need to remove a reg that sets keyboard to Dutch while Dutch isn't in there Should be sorted.

3. Backlight settings are being handled by Lumos not the OS so that might be the conflict. Lumos has more efective options and i use a lower backlight to start with. Check out the options on Lumos.

4. I will eventually provide a .xdas file for the Default HTC Start Menu and maybe even the New Manilla Start Menu.

BRB

www.noonski.nl For My Device History, BackLog, Beer Gifting, Off Topic Rants and everything else that won't fit in my Signature.

Farmer Ted
Old
Thanks Meter 88
I've had the time and time zone set up a few times after a flash; it happened when I had the sim card in the phone and I let the phone sit a while before initiating customization with screen alignment. It's kind of cool, but as I recall I had to wait a good 10 minutes for it to happen. I usually leave the sim card out now just to avoid problems during customization.
ROM: Retro ROM
Radio: 1.17.25.09

dwmackay
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted View Post
I've had the time and time zone set up a few times after a flash; it happened when I had the sim card in the phone and I let the phone sit a while before initiating customization with screen alignment. It's kind of cool, but as I recall I had to wait a good 10 minutes for it to happen. I usually leave the sim card out now just to avoid problems during customization.
This probably explains my luck. I have flashed so many times, I have gotten too lazy to take the SIM card out. However, usually by the time the customizations are done, the time & date are set. I have never noticed them being wrong.

I have mostly been flashing 6.5 ROMS. This is the first 6.1 I have done in about 6 weeks or so. Perhaps that makes a difference.

Doug M.

Noonski
Old
(Last edited by Noonski; 16th July 2009 at 08:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmackay View Post
This probably explains my luck. I have flashed so many times, I have gotten too lazy to take the SIM card out. However, usually by the time the customizations are done, the time & date are set. I have never noticed them being wrong.

I have mostly been flashing 6.5 ROMS. This is the first 6.1 I have done in about 6 weeks or so. Perhaps that makes a difference.

Doug M.
I always Leave the Sim in, Maybe i'm missing the point of the issue here?
Did your Previous Roms come with A Custom First Boot Splash Screen or the Default one?
Only thing different i can think of is that i'm not using the same Kitchen setup most are using, It's actually an older Diamond Kitchen Changed to my preferred method. I like the XIP Seperated as Physical Folders and Files (as far as Digital Files can be Physical), Just because i i have this mental defect where i like to see what i'm eating.

Note: Added Custom Adobe Reader from Topaz and Rhodium Builds, removed Keyboard being set to Dutch Issue at Start.

neva dinova
Old
Thanks Meter 0
has anybody been able to get enlarged start menu to work? Ive tried Da G's cab and it wont work, I looked in the registry and it says its enabled.

Tags
6.1, decent battery life, no phone delay, wwe