[ROM][DISCUSSION] Ubuntu Touch B&N Nook Tablet

Search This thread

dejello

Oct 15, 2010
Hey all, I've been around for a while and suppose I finally got off my butt and decided to try my hand at building stuff. I just wanted to let you know I posted this in the Ubuntu Touch Dev forum:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41307690

All credits go to the efforts of all the devs who have gotten us this far, I know there would be no hope for me without them :p
Not really usable, but it boots! :highfive:

I'd like to keep the dev questions in that thread if we can. General discussion can be here.
Updated dev post...

-dejello

Last edited:

dejello

Oct 15, 2010
Posted a 2nd build and added stuff to the post, sorry about the name change, more for me than anything else. Apps stay open, videos stopped working >.< I haven't checked the logs for anything yet, will do when I get a chance...

Figured I'd put up some new pics... I found out apparently if you swipe right on the status icons you get a Device pull down vs the individual ones... <-- DIdn't know that until a little bit ago :p Pics show that, multitasking (gallery on left, calc on right) and Home screen with the side bar...

dejello

Oct 15, 2010
I haven't even looked into it yet... I need to look into the Ubuntu side of the code to see what it isn't pulling in like it should be so this thing can function better. I found a script in another forum for auto changing the display stuff, added an Acclaim piece to it and it works, will upload it when I get off work today.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app

dejello

Oct 15, 2010
Sorry, no new news yet, i didn't get too much of a chance this weekend to look into it... Between the family and having had to basically start over and I kept having problems even getting cm10.1 to build... I will work more on it time willing ofc..

verbalshadow

Mar 11, 2012
What steps are you following to build this? I what to build a Linux other than Ubuntu touch. I think that plasma active would be awesome on NT.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

betzelel

May 24, 2013
question about ubuntu touch for nook

hi, i am new to this forum....
i was checking to see if there was an ubuntu touch image for the nook, and i ran across this post.
what i was wondering is if there is a way to install the image to boot off the SD card simular to
the N2A (nook 2 android) image does? i was thinking this way i could test it with out
bricking my nook tablet...

any ideas?
its awesome that someone is taking this on, as it looks like the nook is about to
become history.

thanks

dejello

Oct 15, 2010
Hey all, sorry I haven't posted much, just wanted to work on this a bit more before posting. I managed to get wifi to work with some terminal junk through adb and ubuntu_chroot. :D Basically it's not loading a module (wl12xx_sdio.ko) it should be. The network gui still doesn't show anything as of yet. So yes, I will still need to look into it more and check the source files as well. I am uploading a new build and will have instructions for it soon in the dev thread. Wondering if I should move it to the dev forum here :p

Not sure why, but atm apps have started force closing again. I need to reboot and see if it's somehow related. Seems something else just malfunctioned :)

Last edited:

dejello

Oct 15, 2010
UPDATE: Apparently getting the Network Manager GUI to work correctly is pretty simple :p http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41838135#post41838135

I have updated that post and I suppose I will upload my the build reference. One thing to note, the afterflash file correct the dpi seems to make my screen blank out with the latest Ubuntu builds. Not sure why just yet but it should be simple enough to add a conf file manually until I make some scripts. I have not tried adding security to the network (added wpa2-psk and worked like a charm after restarting the network-manager!) nor messed with hidden ssid's yet.

Last edited:

dejello

Oct 15, 2010
Just when I start to get somewhere, they up and change versions on me (saucy now) :p Testing to see if it works!

UPDATE: Saucy boots!
-Swipe right side of screen to the left to unlock
-Network list shows then apparently goes blank after trying to get on (which I did the second time after a reboot, list stayed second time).

Note that there are two different versions of Saucy out, make sure you currently download from the same links as before (with the word "preview" in the url).

At some point I hope to figure out the missing battery indicator.

Last edited:
Reactions: rjin9673

rafiur

Apr 12, 2013
Dhaka
hey dejello whats the current news? are you still working on it?
btw saucy does seem to boot, raring seems to be okay :D

dejello

Oct 15, 2010
Still waiting for updated porting notes.. I have tried a few things unsuccessfully and will keep going, but this is not dead :)

Reactions: satan89 and rafiur

rafiur

Apr 12, 2013
Dhaka
Still waiting for updated porting notes.. I have tried a few things unsuccessfully and will keep going, but this is not dead :)

thats nice to know :) keep up the good work :good:
by the way i heard that adamoutler was working on it too, but last thing I heard from him was the ubuntu recovery. wonder if he's still working on it :confused:

a little printing mistake there, saucy DOES NOT boot :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all, I've been around for a while and suppose I finally got off my butt and decided to try my hand at building stuff. I just wanted to let you know I posted this in the Ubuntu Touch Dev forum:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41307690

All credits go to the efforts of all the devs who have gotten us this far, I know there would be no hope for me without them :p
    Not really usable, but it boots! :highfive:

I'd like to keep the dev questions in that thread if we can. General discussion can be here.
    Updated dev post...

-dejello
    UPDATE: Apparently getting the Network Manager GUI to work correctly is pretty simple :p http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41838135#post41838135

I have updated that post and I suppose I will upload my the build reference. One thing to note, the afterflash file correct the dpi seems to make my screen blank out with the latest Ubuntu builds. Not sure why just yet but it should be simple enough to add a conf file manually until I make some scripts. I have not tried adding security to the network (added wpa2-psk and worked like a charm after restarting the network-manager!) nor messed with hidden ssid's yet.
    UPDATE: see Build 5 notes, I hadn't fully updated my ubuntu sources apparently :p Display seems to work now with newest builds!
    Hey all, haven't forgotten this, am on vacation currently and wilp continue work when I get back