Hell hath frozen over! ... see changelog in POST #2 for explanation on that ...
This is an AOSP-2.2.1r1-FRG83 (froyo) build that supports EBI0, EBI1 and 2708 radio's/spl's for dream/sapphire.
NOTE: Donut builds have been moved to posts 4-6, if you still want to run donut!!!
Guide to this thread!
- - - POST #1) Basic ROM Info (Features, etc), Downloads (ROM's/ThemeTemplates)
- - - POST #2) ChangeLog, Installation instructions, Frequently Asked Questions.
- - - - - ****If you LIKE WHAT I DO ... and want to put a on my face .... you may buy me any kind of drink!****
- - - AGAIN NOTE: Donut builds are in Posts 4-6 now, for the diehard.
--- The Thread Rules ---
1) Respect Other Users/Posters.
2) Respect XDA and it's Rules and Moderators.
3) Respect enomther (that's me, hehe ) ... (albeit ... please feel-free to speak your mind )
4) Respect yourself! (No Question is too low)
5) AND PLEASE ... do try and search the thread and broader forum for an answer prior to posting, as there's a high chance it's already been answered!
Basic ROM Info / Features
Enomther's [ROM] TheOfficial Dream/Sapphire
JF, Cyanogen, Stericson, JAC, ccyrowski, TheDudeOfLife, Soulife, KB7SQI, CodeAurora, Zinx, wired/wifi tether group - (harry_m/bbunson/seth), Chainsdd, pershoot, kmobs, Amon_RA, optedoblivion, irrenhaus, rogro82, Loccy, cytown, rgv151, Wysie, jonasl, jstarkley, Manup456, jaithemes, beagz, MicroMOD777, prodigy, dumbestcrayon, applejosh, david1711, Jack_R1, Moonspoon, Tehseano, sir*mez, Prash, mannyb, RichieDaze, JonnyBeuno, nabzilla1990, all the other theme, app & ROM devs), AndroidSpin (for hosting space and a great ROM DB), .... AND ...... most of all to XDA-developers and the XDA community ... THANK YOU!!!
Any 2.22.x.x radio version (see SPL requirements) or 3.22.x.x for EBI1
Dream/G1 = 1.33.2005 SPL with the older radios OR EBI1 radio's (3.22.x.x) ...
or the 2708 SPL 1.33.0013d with the newer radios
Sapphire = Really any, but 1.33.2005 recommended OR 1.33.0013 (for the additional memory from OTA updates)
Make sure to flash the appropriate kernel, see downloads sections.
SDCARD Partition Layout:
If coming from ANY other ROM, YES!
NOTE: This also includes my previous Donut based builds ... a wipe will still be required to upgrade ... so do a nandroid backup just to be safe!!!
See POST #2 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- TheOfficial 184.108.40.206-msm kernel (a.l.a. pershoot)
--- OC/UV/Neon ala Pershoot
--- compiled w/gcc-4.4.0
--- NetFilter - iptables/tethering support (wired/usb & wireless)
--- ext2/3/4, cifs, fuse
--- squash, misc-other-fs support
--- ipv6 support
--- tun and ipsec support
- De-ODEX'd apk/framework (for theme-ing and other alterations)
- Built-in CPU/Memory/SWAP controls (configure in SpareParts, can be disabled completely to use setCPU or another)
- automatic ext2/3/4 filesystem checking and mounting on startup
--- Apps2SD supported, but not on by default ... use SpareParts app to set it up.
- custom userinit.sh startup execution (if /data/local/userinit.sh exists)
- 360 degree rotation (optional)
- Full LED/Trackball controls (All optional in SpareParts)
--- Trackball Wake
--- Trackball Unlock
--- LED Color BlinkRate
- Wysie Goodness
--- Configurable Statusbar Colors
--- Invisible Lockscreen
--- Custom Lockscreen Message
- Pedlar's StatusBar PowerControl Widget
- SurfaceFlinger Rendering Effects by jstarkley
- FLAC audio support (kroot/cyanogen)
- wmv/wma - video/audio support
- clean reboot/shutdown services
- updated apn-list
- included binaries
--- linked up busybox
--- extXfs tools
--- various others
- included apps
--- (*most built-in apps can be safely removed via SpareParts*)
--- Modded SpareParts (use this to setup most features on TheOfficial)
--- CyTown's Phone MOD (optional)
--- Wysie/optedoblivion Browser MOD (FullScreen/Hidezoom Button options/Incognito)
--- Wysie's WyContacts (optional)
--- International character AOSP Keyboard (optional)
--- Development App from AOSP
--- IM App (aim/msn/yahoo - only works on TMO)
--- su/Superuser (ChainsDD's)
- included scripts
--- rwsystem/rosystem (to mount readonly/readwrite /system)
--- recboot (to reboot into recovery quickly)
v2.14.2 - ROM
- Stock (Not PreThemed) [ROM] - (includes the EBI0 kernel)
v2.14.2 - Kernels
2708 Kernel - for newer Radio's
Theme Templates - (v2.14.2)
These are for Theme Developers only!!! Do not flash!