Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Xperia S] DooMKernel & DooMRecovery {GB} - discussion and feature request thread

Tip us?
 
d1d3k
Old
#181  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tarnów
Hi everyone!

I`m noob, so let me make sure I understand... I currently have:
- unlocked BL,
- Advanced Stock ICS Kernel build 13 (with root & CWM),
- ICS 4.0.4 - 6.1.A.0.452 - (1257-5102) - Central Europe,
and I would have DooMKernel v0.4a, so I have to do the following steps:
- downgrade ROM to GingerBread FW (.63/.67/.73/.75/.76)
- download S-DooMKernel-v04a.zip and change the name to update.zip (or where to find current update.zip - which contain the updated wifi modules?)
- flash this file using CWM
- and finally flash ROM to stock ISC or some moded fw? Or can I restore my previous ROM from CWM backup? Or I have to stay at GB?

And If I don`t want to overclcock my phone, have I need: setcpu, incredicontrol, nofrills cpu control etc.?

ps. forgive me my bad English
 
mrsatan
Old
#182  
mrsatan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 427
Posts: 1,613
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1d3k View Post
Hi everyone!

I`m noob, so let me make sure I understand... I currently have:
- unlocked BL,
- Advanced Stock ICS Kernel build 13 (with root & CWM),
- ICS 4.0.4 - 6.1.A.0.452 - (1257-5102) - Central Europe,
and I would have DooMKernel v0.4a, so I have to do the following steps:
- downgrade ROM to GingerBread FW (.63/.67/.73/.75/.76)
- download S-DooMKernel-v04a.zip and change the name to update.zip (or where to find current update.zip - which contain the updated wifi modules?)
- flash this file using CWM
- and finally flash ROM to stock ISC or some moded fw? Or can I restore my previous ROM from CWM backup? Or I have to stay at GB?

And If I don`t want to overclcock my phone, have I need: setcpu, incredicontrol, nofrills cpu control etc.?

ps. forgive me my bad English
Doomkernel is only for GB, and if you dont want to overclock, then you dont need a program like that.
"Remember to give thanks, where thanks is due."
X-S/Nexus 7


Bootanimations
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post29420348

Short Stories:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1777196

Butter-Cream Screen response:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2040927

I am writing a novel, support me when it comes out!
 
papacarla
Old
#183  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 161
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Irkutsk
DooMLoRD,

Could you make a non deep modded GB kernel for Acro S/HD with CWM recovery.

We (Acro HD/S owners) can have a CWM recovery on GB. But It can be installed only with root. So, If there is any problem with rom like a boot loop the cwm recovery does not work and the rom can be repaired by flashing only with SEUS or flashtool with loosing root.

The GB kernel allows to use recovery anytime, but there is not devs who have a acro HD.

Kernels for SXS and for SacroS are almost same. Difference is about external sd-card support.
There is original kernel.sin in attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AcroHD_GB_kernel.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.63 MB, 18 views)
 
chriscai1987
Old
#184  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 139
Join Date: Apr 2011
Hi Doom, could you make this Kenrnel for ACRO S (LT26W)?
 
tomfan203
Old
#185  
tomfan203's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 182
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Exclamation Serious problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD View Post
For posting BUGS/issues related to my kernel post them in kernel thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1557452

For posting BUGS/issues related to my recovery post them in recovery thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1594828

For general discussion regarding my kernel/recovery OR if u want to request for new features, post them in discussion thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1596041




Ok guys I am going to monitor this thread...


I want to keep the dev thread clean so Kindly use this thread to discuss what you want on my kernel & recovery...

U guys can also request for features which u want to see for this kernel and recovery...

There are a few rules for this thread:
DO NOT ASK FOR ETA/RELEASE DATE
NOT ALL REQUESTS MAY BE INTEGRATED
ALL BUGS/ISSUES HAVE TO BE POSTED IN DEV THREAD




Regards,

DooMLoRD
After installing ur DoomLord on my Xperia S, I found that my phone start to stuck on the DoomKernel logo while starting up, I pressed on the volume up btn while the blue light n the white light bar on my phone is lighting. Then I went into recovery mode, I tried to install zip from internal storage, after installed the zips, I clicked on Reboot options \ device/system, but then I can't return back to my android system, it just keep on booting into DoomKernel. I need to flash Xperia S LT26i ROM on Flashtool before I can be able to return to my system, but than I can't never ever install any zip including custom ROM n scripts...plz plz help...
 
tomfan203
Old
#186  
tomfan203's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 182
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Exclamation Compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD View Post
For posting BUGS/issues related to my kernel post them in kernel thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1557452

For posting BUGS/issues related to my recovery post them in recovery thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1594828

For general discussion regarding my kernel/recovery OR if u want to request for new features, post them in discussion thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1596041




Ok guys I am going to monitor this thread...


I want to keep the dev thread clean so Kindly use this thread to discuss what you want on my kernel & recovery...

U guys can also request for features which u want to see for this kernel and recovery...

There are a few rules for this thread:
DO NOT ASK FOR ETA/RELEASE DATE
NOT ALL REQUESTS MAY BE INTEGRATED
ALL BUGS/ISSUES HAVE TO BE POSTED IN DEV THREAD




Regards,

DooMLoRD
Compatible with Sony Xperia S LT26i running on stock ICS 4.0.4 ?
 
K900
Old
#187  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2215
Posts: 4,705
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfan203 View Post
Compatible with Sony Xperia S LT26i running on stock ICS 4.0.4 ?
No, GB only.
Not really doing anything Android-related right now. OnePlus plz?
 
tomfan203
Old
(Last edited by tomfan203; 26th September 2012 at 06:02 PM.)
#188  
tomfan203's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 182
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by K900 View Post
No, GB only.
No wonder I get stuck on every single boot...
N btw, how can I downgrade my Xperia S from ICS back to GB without wiping any of my data?
I've tried to flash stock LT26i GB ROM using Flashtool as I always does with other official ROMs, but it's not working, my phone just stuck on the XPERIA boot animation, I've tried all official Sony 6.0.A.X.XX but none of them r working...help...
ICS is extremely laggy...therefore I really wanna downgrade back to GB, although the screen resolution on GB is lower than on ICS...
 
ZyrByt
Old
#189  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 157
Join Date: Feb 2011
Hi Doom

can You make fota-installable version ov Your recovery?
 
DooMLoRD
Old
#190  
DooMLoRD's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 38173
Posts: 13,053
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Noida
this was only for GB..

closing thread

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes