[ROOT[RECOVERY] Loki + TWRP + Motochopper CASUAL-R527b release:27May13

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Update: This will not work on Build Number I337UCUAMF3

Thanks to Dan Rosenberg, aka @djrbliss, this device can now be unlocked and CASUAL can make it easy as all get out.

Introduction
CASUAL will guide you through the process. Put your device into “Developer Mode>USB Debugging”. Click the do it button. If you experience a problem, PLEASE USE THE PASTEBIN button to post a log. CTRL+L>Pastebin> come back here and press ctrl+V.

Overview
You will need to download and execute the CASUAL application below. Then click the Do It! button. You need Java. Do you have Java?.
note: if it fails, try turning everything off and back on, then run it again before posting for help, and remember... Log or it didn't happen, CTRL+L->Pastebin.

Windows 32/64 Users: CASUAL will put your device into Download Mode. It will automatically flash everything. If drivers are required, jrloper's CADI (CASUAL Automated Driver installer) will handle it. Make sure you're connected to the internet.
Windows 8 is supported but you must install drivers for Download Mode first. See this post
We managed to squeeze in support for Windows XP. Let me know how it works XP users.

Linux 32/64/raspberry pi Users There may be a permission escalation in order to install heimdall, either way sit back and relax. CASUAL automates the entire process. Please run the following in a terminal first:
Code:
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk gksu dpkg

Mac Users: Mac works easier than any other system at the time of this systems. Some Macs (especially Macbook Air) have a problem with USB port voltages and that causes the device not to be recognized.

Download
Root and Recovery for ATT-TMO GS4-CASUAL-R527b CASUAL is used to automate the process. The exploit was developed by Recognized Developer djrbliss. Any donations should go to him. I'm just here for error logs. To run CASUAL you need Java. Do you have Java?
For Nightly CASUAL builds go here: http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/i337-GalaxyS4

Help and Troubleshooting
Are you having a problem? First check this post out for remedial troubleshooting. . If that doesn't fix it, then press CTRL+L, press the Pastebin button, come back here and press CTRL+V to paste your log. Don't hit the donate button, that doesn't fix it. Use CTRL+L and then hit Pastebin and paste the log here if you need help. Most problems simply require you to reboot your device or computer or removing and "delete driver" any drivers you installed. If you installed drivers to start with, remove them (and delete driver from device manager), because this device is fully supported natively by Windows and 3rd party drivers cause problems.

Linux Video

2hrl7dc.png

About CASUAL
CASUAL stands for Cross-platform Android Scripting, Univeral Auxiliary Loader. CASUAL jar files are a wrapper for the CASUAL scripting language. CASUAL can be modified with your favorite zip tool and full source code (including this exploit) is available at http://android-casual.googlecode.com . CASUAL allows rapid and accurate deployment of hacks and exploits. At any time, if a serious problem is detected with any script, the kill-switch will be flipped and you will be brought to a support page (most likely here) so you can download the latest version. Otherwise for minor corrections, new CASUAL scripts can be deployed remotely.

Credits @djrbliss - Motochopper and Loki

Updates
TODO:I need the name of the update APK so I can target and kill it with CASUAL.

27MAY13: Initial Release

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011

jm1999

Apr 7, 2010
Can someone tell me the difference between this and bhp090808's one click 3 way tool?

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Can someone tell me the difference between this and bhp090808's one click 3 way tool?

This installs drivers
This troubleshoots problems
This single java executable works on Linux, Windows and Mac
This can be kill-switched on the fly (in case of auto-bootloader update from Samsung)
This can be updated on the fly
This will auto-log your problems to pastebin if an error is encountered so you can paste it here.
This uses a GUI and no command line
This give you Root and Recovery in a single click
This is easier/noob friendly/much more difficult to screw up.
This will check before doing things to make sure it doesn't damage a device it was not intended for.

I'm pretty sure I missed a few points.. CASUAL R527 stands for Cross-platform Android Scripting and Unified Auxilliary Loader - Revision 527.. We've been working on a lot of things that you just can't get from a simple batch file.

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
No sir, bhp090808's tool roots as well. The only difference I see it with bhp090808's tool you can install cwm or twrp. This tool only twrp.

Wow... dude, are you seriously going to make me add in a selection box to this? I'm going to build a special version just for you.

KLLSWITCH

May 19, 2007
NOR CAL
blownco.com
This installs drivers
This can be kill-switched on the fly (in case of auto-bootloader update from Samsung)
This will auto-log your problems to pastebin if an error is encountered so you can paste it here.
This will check before doing things to make sure it doesn't damage a device it was not intended for.

I'm pretty sure I missed a few points.. CASUAL R527 stands for Cross-platform Android Scripting and Unified Auxilliary Loader - Revision 527.. We've been working on a lot of things that you just can't get from a simple batch file.

you forgot one

This is AWESOME:good:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
There will always be the following problems:

User is using a bad USB cable/USB port and something didn't transfer
User has installed bad drivers on the computer and the device won't connect.
User has installed a virus scanner which wipes out the Android exploits before they are deployed to the device.

so just use a good USB cable. Uninstall any drivers you installed "for samsung mobile devices" especially, Disable your virus scanner before downloading CASUAL. I don't think the driver issue will be a massive problem as it is with the other devices because we're not using Odin mode here.

You should put this in op; great work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

I prefer the KISS method. I'd rather have one known working CASUAL script to maintain and be able to repackage around any errors encountered. One app, one branch. it keeps things simple and there's no explaining necessary. If someone wants CWM, they can use the Android market to install Rom Manager. Otherwise, if there is a problem with TWRP, I can switch to CWM on this device.

Last edited:
Reactions: jabreu203

mmanjj

May 8, 2009
Tampa,FL
I've been following all your hard work Adam, and I just wanted to say thank you. Its nice to see amazing developers stick around when sometimes they are bashed for their work. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I've been following all your hard work Adam, and I just wanted to say thank you. Its nice to see amazing developers stick around when sometimes they are bashed for their work. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

I'll always be around I love XDA... But who's bashing my work and honestly, what's there to bash?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: This will not work on Build Number I337UCUAMF3

Thanks to Dan Rosenberg, aka @djrbliss, this device can now be unlocked and CASUAL can make it easy as all get out.

Introduction
    CASUAL will guide you through the process. Put your device into “Developer Mode>USB Debugging”. Click the do it button. If you experience a problem, PLEASE USE THE PASTEBIN button to post a log. CTRL+L>Pastebin> come back here and press ctrl+V.

Overview
    You will need to download and execute the CASUAL application below. Then click the Do It! button. You need Java. Do you have Java?.
    note: if it fails, try turning everything off and back on, then run it again before posting for help, and remember... Log or it didn't happen, CTRL+L->Pastebin.

Windows 32/64 Users: CASUAL will put your device into Download Mode. It will automatically flash everything. If drivers are required, jrloper's CADI (CASUAL Automated Driver installer) will handle it. Make sure you're connected to the internet.
    Windows 8 is supported but you must install drivers for Download Mode first. See this post
    We managed to squeeze in support for Windows XP. Let me know how it works XP users.

Linux 32/64/raspberry pi Users There may be a permission escalation in order to install heimdall, either way sit back and relax. CASUAL automates the entire process. Please run the following in a terminal first:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk gksu dpkg

Mac Users: Mac works easier than any other system at the time of this systems. Some Macs (especially Macbook Air) have a problem with USB port voltages and that causes the device not to be recognized.

Download
    Root and Recovery for ATT-TMO GS4-CASUAL-R527b CASUAL is used to automate the process. The exploit was developed by Recognized Developer djrbliss. Any donations should go to him. I'm just here for error logs. To run CASUAL you need Java. Do you have Java?
    For Nightly CASUAL builds go here: http://goo.im/devs/AdamOutler/i337-GalaxyS4

Help and Troubleshooting
    Are you having a problem? First check this post out for remedial troubleshooting. . If that doesn't fix it, then press CTRL+L, press the Pastebin button, come back here and press CTRL+V to paste your log. Don't hit the donate button, that doesn't fix it. Use CTRL+L and then hit Pastebin and paste the log here if you need help. Most problems simply require you to reboot your device or computer or removing and "delete driver" any drivers you installed. If you installed drivers to start with, remove them (and delete driver from device manager), because this device is fully supported natively by Windows and 3rd party drivers cause problems.

Linux Video

2hrl7dc.png

About CASUAL
    CASUAL stands for Cross-platform Android Scripting, Univeral Auxiliary Loader. CASUAL jar files are a wrapper for the CASUAL scripting language. CASUAL can be modified with your favorite zip tool and full source code (including this exploit) is available at http://android-casual.googlecode.com . CASUAL allows rapid and accurate deployment of hacks and exploits. At any time, if a serious problem is detected with any script, the kill-switch will be flipped and you will be brought to a support page (most likely here) so you can download the latest version. Otherwise for minor corrections, new CASUAL scripts can be deployed remotely.

Credits @djrbliss - Motochopper and Loki

Updates
    TODO:I need the name of the update APK so I can target and kill it with CASUAL.

27MAY13: Initial Release
    Thank you adam, should be noob proof!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Do not speak of such things. You will bring the wrath of one-hundred AOL users upon us.

This installs drivers

Wow... dude, are you seriously going to make me add in a selection box to this? I'm going to build a special version just for you.

Here's your choice of TWRP or CWM. http://d-h.st/n5A

w2245k.png
    adam does the casual now completely unlock the bootloader or is it still the exploit? thanks adam for all the hard work bro you are Awesome!!
    This uses @djrbliss 's Loki Exploit. From what I've read TWRP will auto-lok anything you flash. It is practically the same as a bootloader unlock.

will this wipe the device?
    No. It will not.