Flash any USA S4 Variant ROMS on your I9505

Search This thread

victorator

Nov 25, 2008
Kraków
WARNING

You are fully responsible for the potential damage to your phone. Use this method with caution!

THIS IS ONLY FOR I9505 AND AOSP ROMS

That's right, You can flash any rom for the US variants of S4.

What you need to do is very simple.

============================

1. Make sure there are no assert prop lines in the file META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

If you see a line that looks like this just delete it.
    Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "jfltetmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jfltetmo");
  2. After you flash the rom, flash this package. It includes the required libs for I9505.
  3. Profit!

Last edited:

climo

Jun 30, 2006
The Woodlands, Texas

1. Make sure there are no assert prop lines in the file META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "jfltetmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "jfltetmo");
  2. After you flash the rom, flash this package. It includes the required libs for I9505.
  3. Profit!
This assert prop line is inside the meta folder of the ROM we would like to flash correct? Second we flash both Rom and lib package then boot the phone? I noticed some of the AT&T ROMs require a special recovery in order to flash the ROM but we don't have such recovery for i9505. With that said maybe TMobile ROMs may be better since they only require basic recovery. If this works it opens up a lot of choices for us i9505 owners :good: are TW ROMs also included in this method or just AOSP

Reactions: patrickbartalesi22

Lulabby

Nov 1, 2010
Hi, I want to know what are the benefits and differences between the us variant roms and original i9505? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

moriansafas

Mar 27, 2012
Your radio and/or wifi might act up

Might?
Cause I read some people have no problems at all?

Concerning the prop lines: how many of them are there?

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I am really thankful that you have decided to tune up our s4! Hope you ll get yours soon!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

patrickbartalesi22

Jul 4, 2012
Sydney
This assert prop line is inside the meta folder of the ROM we would like to flash correct? Second we flash both Rom and lib package then boot the phone? I noticed some of the AT&T ROMs require a special recovery in order to flash the ROM but we don't have such recovery for i9505. With that said maybe TMobile ROMs may be better since they only require basic recovery. If this works it opens up a lot of choices for us i9505 owners :good: are TW ROMs also included in this method or just AOSP

I agree AT&T roms dont work I tried this method with this AT&T http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2280738 but the rom doesnt boot it is stuck at samsung boot logo.

Does this mean that is not possible to flash AT&T roms

Last edited:

patrickbartalesi22

Jul 4, 2012
Sydney
@victorator

U think this one will work with this method:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293162

Please let me know :)

This rom does work with this method i have just tried and boots fine but if the your recovery says failed just reinstall a few times it and it should work.

I also replaced the boot.img with the one from victorators cm10.1

I am using twrp recovery so i dont know if cwm will work.

I am uploading it to mediafire I will post the link soon.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/download/3nuia3pj4aw963l/Aokp.zip.

Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache.

Flash then flash gapps.

All the best.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING

You are fully responsible for the potential damage to your phone. Use this method with caution!

Code:
    3. Profit!
    @victorator - Did you also include an updated apns-conf.xml in your package or is this not necessary?

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Concerning the prop lines: how many of them are there?

It is just one line - the first one.
    What's the point or gain to flash an European S4 with US ROM?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

At the moment I think there is no point, because the ROM developers can merge that code into their own Roms.
    In the future this trick would allow us to flash the latest Google factory image, (almost) unmodified.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Code:
    3. Profit!