Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 44,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Patched Google Wallet for Galaxy S4 (Version 1.x - Old Version)

Tip us?

open1your1eyes0
Old
(Last edited by open1your1eyes0; 23rd September 2013 at 03:03 AM.) Reason: Changed title and removed Method B (not required)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3250

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] Patched Google Wallet for Galaxy S4 (Version 1.x - Old Version)

Patched Google Wallet for Galaxy S4
(Version 1.x - Old Version)

Description: This method (nearly identical to my previous thread for the Verizon Galaxy S III) will help you get Google Wallet working on your Verizon Galaxy S4, regardless if you have a TouchWiz-based ROM or AOSP-based and whether it's Odexed or Deodexed. This should also work on AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile Galaxy S4 as well.

Please Note: In order to use this method you need to be rooted and have a custom recovery (1, 2, or 3).

Video Demos of the Full Process (Courtesy of 17akota and DroidModd3rX)

Quote:

Downloads (Version R96 v16)

Quote:
TouchWiz Only - Download Link
AOSP Only - Download Link

How to Apply Mod

Quote:
1. Make sure you have no Google Wallet pre-installed, or if you do, reset data on it
2. Once you have reset the data, go to the Wallet app in your Application Manager
3. Select to "Clear Cache", then to "Clear Data"
4. If you see "Uninstall Updates", select that button, but if you see "Disable" button leave it alone
5. Using a root explorer and text editor, change build.prop lines to correspond to this
Code:
Select Code
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.name=yakju
ro.product.device=maguro
6. Keep an old version as a backup
7. Copy the TouchWiz or AOSP zip file for the mod to your phone/SD Card
8. Reboot into your recovery and flash the Google Wallet mod
9. Boot back into the OS and open Xposed Installer app (should be installed after flash)
10. Select "Install/Update" and allow root access if it asks
11. Reboot your device
12. Download and install Paul's Xposed Wallet apk
13. Launch Xposed Installer app again and go to the "Modules" tab
14. Enable the module by checking the checkbox for it
15. Reboot your device again
16. Now open Google Wallet and setup everything as needed (PIN/Security/Cards, etc...)
17. After it is all setup and working, change your modified build.prop back to ONE of the below

Verizon Galaxy S4
Code:
Select Code
ro.product.model=SCH-I545
ro.product.name=jfltevzw
ro.product.device=jfltevzw
AT&T Galaxy S4
Code:
Select Code
ro.product.model=SGH-I337
ro.product.name=jflteatt
ro.product.device=jflteatt
T-Mobile Galaxy S4
Code:
Select Code
ro.product.model=SGH-M919
ro.product.name=jfltetmo
ro.product.device=jfltetmo
Sprint Galaxy S4
Code:
Select Code
ro.product.model=SPH-L720
ro.product.name=jfltespr
ro.product.device=jfltespr
18. Reboot your phone normally one last time and you will be all set

When Changing Roms

Quote:
1. Open Google Wallet
2. Press the Menu key on your device
3. Select "Settings"
4. Select "Reset Google Wallet app"
5. Select "Reset" button
6. Flash your new ROM and/or wipe as needed
7. Follow "How to Apply Mod" directions again from the beginning

Updating to New Version Anytime

Quote:
1. Follow "How to Apply Mod" steps #5 and 6
2. Reboot your device
3. Open the Play Store and update Google Wallet
4. Open Google Wallet and test everything is working
5. If all is good, follow "How to Apply Mod" steps #17
6. Reboot your device again and confirm everything still working

Credits

Credit goes to PaulOBrien for providing the patched Google Wallet apk (Original Post)
Credit goes to tonu42 for creating the original thread for the mod (Original Post)
Credit goes to rovo89 for creating the Xposed Mod (Original Post)
Credit goes to joemagistro for creating the deodexed-only version of this mod in the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 section (Original Post)

The Following 76 Users Say Thank You to open1your1eyes0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skiddingus
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Everything seems to be working. I will have to head to McDonald's tomorrow and give it a try. Thanks!

coolsilver
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Well I got this working from the other thread but looks to be same methods which is fine.

Now poking around... I noticed I have a devices section on the Wallet website and see I can reset it remotely if anything happens (though I wouldn't test that for ROM issues). Nice to know... is this more a secure element self destruct?

Also I notice a section asking to "Verify Identify" which if required... I will. But I am already reading where people have entire Play Store/Checkout locked out over this permanently over this. I just hope I don't get my account screwed one day because Google hates the grocery which I shop at or some lame thing where GPS is off by 500ft and claims I'm not there.... I know farfetched and over the top but just concerned or if anyone had issues with this.

iTechWNC
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Ok it works for me untill I change my build.prop back. What am I doing wrong

Sent from my galaxy nexus using xda app-developers app

open1your1eyes0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3250

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolsilver View Post
Well I got this working from the other thread but looks to be same methods which is fine.

Now poking around... I noticed I have a devices section on the Wallet website and see I can reset it remotely if anything happens (though I wouldn't test that for ROM issues). Nice to know... is this more a secure element self destruct?

Also I notice a section asking to "Verify Identify" which if required... I will. But I am already reading where people have entire Play Store/Checkout locked out over this permanently over this. I just hope I don't get my account screwed one day because Google hates the grocery which I shop at or some lame thing where GPS is off by 500ft and claims I'm not there.... I know farfetched and over the top but just concerned or if anyone had issues with this.
I wouldn't worry too much about those, I think the remote reset from the website just wipes the app by itself, the secure element stays working so it can be passed on. Highly unlikely and unnecessary that Google will want to brick a secure element for security purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTechWNC View Post
Ok it works for me untill I change my build.prop back. What am I doing wrong

Sent from my galaxy nexus using xda app-developers app
Which method did you use? What happens when you restore the build.prop? I personally have this running back on the stock build.prop using method A, so I know no issues on that one.

djdef80
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Will this work for the at&t phone of the same model sgh-i337? Stock rom rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

trogdor3222
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm currently stuck in "identity verification hell" and can't use Wallet even on my 100% stock Nexus 7. not happy. I sent them my license and a utility bill already and they still want more (SS card) which seems ridiculous. Amazon Payments was required to collect SSNs not too long ago...but they didn't require a freakin scan of the original document.

ugh.

anyway: Method A works great for me (still on TouchWiz for now sadly).

anyone else notice that when you change the build.prop product name, if you long-press the home button you see three icons along the bottom of the screen instead of "Task manager", "Google", and "Close All"? I believe that's what AT&T/T-Mo users see by default. wasn't enough to get rid of that stupid WiFi notification though

Sent from my SCH-I545

open1your1eyes0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3250

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdef80 View Post
Will this work for the at&t phone of the same model sgh-i337? Stock rom rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium
The way I designed it I'm pretty sure it should. Give it a try and let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor3222 View Post
I'm currently stuck in "identity verification hell" and can't use Wallet even on my 100% stock Nexus 7. not happy. I sent them my license and a utility bill already and they still want more (SS card) which seems ridiculous. Amazon Payments was required to collect SSNs not too long ago...but they didn't require a freakin scan of the original document.

ugh.

anyway: Method A works great for me (still on TouchWiz for now sadly).

anyone else notice that when you change the build.prop product name, if you long-press the home button you see three icons along the bottom of the screen instead of "Task manager", "Google", and "Close All"? I believe that's what AT&T/T-Mo users see by default. wasn't enough to get rid of that stupid WiFi notification though

Sent from my SCH-I545
Wow sorry to hear about all that difficulty. Hope you get it resolved with Google promptly! Glad to hear the method worked for you though (as expected).

On an unrelated note take a read at this thread here regarding the icons instead of words and also the Wifi notification fixes: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2295622

The Following User Says Thank You to open1your1eyes0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Parafly
Old
Thanks Meter 7
!!!! Gonna try this today

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dseda86
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Awesome! Going to switch to odex rom and try later. Hopefully this works!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tags
aosp, galaxy s4, google wallet, touchwiz, verizon