[TW][4.1.2] AOSP Group MMS Apk for TW Roms from cm10.1

Search This thread

DJSYNTHVIRUS

Apr 13, 2008
Now my pictures are coming in seperate from my contacts so its two seperate threads one for text and one for pic. Im on skyrom any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

jumpinjupiter

Feb 18, 2011
Corona
I am running csrom on my art galaxy s3 and it did not boot. Any ideas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jjr3211

Oct 21, 2009
ohio
Is there a dark theam for this I checked it in settings but still the light version

idkbobby

Jul 29, 2011
Hey regulus my dad got an s4, and I found out it has native group messaging! idk if you already know this but if you want I can try and sending you the framework and all that magical stuff you need. Im aware theyre on two different android versions but maybe you can out something to help you. Im just a noob at this so go easy on me :D

Edit: sorry I meant to put this post in your other mms forum
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

DJSYNTHVIRUS

Apr 13, 2008
Im going to try to reflash the zip fix permissions and see id this works.

Whats weird is even after flashing the settings are still nothing like the ops pictures. What am I doing wrong ?
Im on skynote

Last edited:

dartos5536

Dec 31, 2012
When flashing 4.9 I selected to install the AT&T Group Message and after installations, I flashed Group MMS on TW CleanROM 4.8 zip from OP.

For what it's worth, this method also worked for me on CR 4.9. Group messaging appears to be working as it should and I can send MMS messages. Now just need to figure out a good way to back up and restore the messages after flashing the .zip in OP.

Kreateablaze

Jul 31, 2012
pottstown
For what it's worth, this method also worked for me on CR 4.9. Group messaging appears to be working as it should and I can send MMS messages. Now just need to figure out a good way to back up and restore the messages after flashing the .zip in OP.

You could use titanium backup, mybackup root, rom toolbox pro...

Reactions: dartos5536

dartos5536

Dec 31, 2012
You could use titanium backup, mybackup root, rom toolbox pro...

Thanks, Kreateablaze. I tried with titanium backup but couldn't get dialer storage to restore after flashing the .zip. I ended up getting it with the backup to xml feature with titanium backup though. It was several thousand messages so it took a while but it's working fine after giving the messages app some time to process it. Thanks!

Last edited:

onecrzyasian

Dec 25, 2012
Idk if anyone tried this also but what I love about this aosp mms and mod is that it makes the Facebook messenger also have group sms capabilities. So I have chat heads with group sms and everything after flashing this on sky note 9.

damnyouwaffles

Sep 13, 2012
Hi guys. I know this is for the Note 2, but I was wondering if it would be able to work on the s3. The app itself does but when its flashed, it boot loops. Would I be able to try to get it to work if its OK with the OP?

raaleck

Dec 2, 2010
Force Closing when trying to send pics or group mms.

Hi folks. Im running stock 4.1.2 AOSP At&t rom. I just flashed the first file posted but Im getting force close when trying to send pics or group mms. Please let me know which trouble shooting I could have to check this to work. This is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ported over the framework for the mms.ap from 4.2.2 and it has the Group Messaging Feature.

Steps:
    Backup your Messages [They will be Deleted, use something like sms backup or titanium backup.]
    Backup your ROM I did make Framework changes.
    Flash the zip it will delete you messages

If it doesn't work for you it may be your framework2.jar. Just send me it and I can merge it into yours. If it works for you let me know so I can update OP so everyone will know

4/28 - Added one with a Blacklist option. [You must flash the original first in order to get the framework files that you need] I did it like this so that I don't have to make one for every ROM and it will just change the apk. Group MMS on TW Blacklist apk.zip
    Sorry I have been MIA for a while, been taking care of some life stuff. Mms.apk has various dependencies and all of the ROM's that I have seen so far have changes that make some things incompatible. I think the best course of action for anyone having problems is the grab the mms.apk from a 4.2.1 ROM and flash until you find one that works for you. I ported the framework over so you just need to find an apk that play's nice with your ROM or modify one or build one. That will be too much for me to do for every single ROM right now since I have some life stuff to take care of and I am happy most people have gotten it to work.
    I tried textra and group mms is working. Can u theme this app? It would be great dark.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2! ;)
    Does Group messaging work on this ? I am running SKYNOTE ROM

not trying to sound mean, but bro you've asked this many times, and it's been answered. read the OP. no, group messaging doesn't work. if he changed anything, he would update his OP. it only works on AOKP roms at the moment from what i know. skynote and cleanrom, etc are TW based so the group messaging feature will not work until someone figures out the issues. this mms apk seems the best so far in terms of being able to customize things without any errors from what I have seen. maybe PM the author of this thread and see what he says about group messaging and if he's found a fix. that's honestly your best bet. a lot of people don't care or lack the knowledge regarding such posts. it's better to research for yourself or seek out the appropriate people who seem to know more about this. i'm not one of those people, but this is the advice i can offer you. it's definitely a nice feature to have, but at the moment not available in this thread.
    Re: [TW][4.1.2] AOSP Group MMS Apk for TW Roms

Is there an option to change the senders text? If I change to a black background, I cannot read the text that I'm sending.