Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SHV-E120S ; S2 HD LTE Display no IMEI

Tip us?

surajr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy SHV-E120S ; S2 HD LTE Display no IMEI

HI Team,

I bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE aka: SHV-E120S.
Strangely I see that while entering the code *#06# to display the IMEI, it never shows up. Inside the battery compartment though I find that there is a s/n & IMEI printed.
I also checked in the <Settings> <About Phone> <Status>, the IMEI does not show up there as well.
I am getting a feeling that the seller who sold the phone to me might have tried unlocking the phone for my use in India. I am not able to get a proper answer here as well as the phone box was sealed.
Can I please have some help here from the forum to understand how to rectify this or what I could do now
I am not sure if I would be able to use in India as well as the Govt mandates IMEI and I believe this is same in all countries.

straybullett
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Works in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by surajr View Post
HI Team,

I bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE aka: SHV-E120S.
Strangely I see that while entering the code *#06# to display the IMEI, it never shows up. Inside the battery compartment though I find that there is a s/n & IMEI printed.
I also checked in the <Settings> <About Phone> <Status>, the IMEI does not show up there as well.
I am getting a feeling that the seller who sold the phone to me might have tried unlocking the phone for my use in India. I am not able to get a proper answer here as well as the phone box was sealed.
Can I please have some help here from the forum to understand how to rectify this or what I could do now
I am not sure if I would be able to use in India as well as the Govt mandates IMEI and I believe this is same in all countries.
I was worried about the same thing. I bought mine from an auction on ebay. But it came preloaded with all sorts of Korean apps. The company said they would take it back, but I would have to ship it back to HK. T-Mobile was able to offer me service without an IMEI. Works Great! Now I am going to root it so I can get rid of all the Korean stuff.