No registration required

Star B94M / B943 MTK 6589 Quadcore

OP cmoegele

4th June 2013, 01:13 PM   |  #731  
Thanks Meter: 8

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 -Ƀɪד_Įƞƒɨɖɘɭ

Hi, thanks for replying, I was trying to flash a recovery I have click yes but the program just sits idle with no progress for at least 20 min, I assume that is not normal?

I presume you have recovery.img (CWM or TWRP) ported for youe device. If you use FlashTools, you should take firmware for your gadget intended for FlashTools and replace recovery.img file there with the one representing CWM or TWRP. Then start FlashTools choose scatter....txt, uncheck all boxes but preloader and recovery, press Download, press Yes on warning notification and attach your phone to USB (taking into account the rules of connection for your device). Wait couple of moments for the drivers to catch and then you'll see red line, violet line, yellow line and finally green circle

Another method is to flash recovery by means of MobileUncle Tools. Considering you have rooted the phone, install the latest version of the said program on your phone from the Market, put the necessary recovery.img file to SD, open MobileUncle Tools, find Update Recovery line, press, it will show your recovery.img on SD, press it and then wait for instructions from the program.

Third method is to flash recovery img from MTKDroidTools, provided your PC finds your phone.
4th June 2013, 05:11 PM   |  #732  
Flag Macedonia
Thanks Meter: 78

393 posts
emard have you tried that firmware ported from vietnamiese rom HDVDM by gerhan on forum.china-iphone
here is a backup from TWRP

http://files.china-iphone.ru/229TWRP.rar
Last edited by mite_jan; 4th June 2013 at 08:51 PM.
5th June 2013, 10:25 AM   |  #733  

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mite_jan

emard have you tried that firmware ported from vietnamiese rom HDVDM by gerhan on forum.china-iphone
here is a backup from TWRP
http://files.china-iphone.ru/229TWRP.rar

No, mite_jan, I havn't tried that firmware. I am not a big fan of Cyanogen, but anyway I wouldn't advise you to do so unless you are eager to perfect this LeWa further on. I need my phone to be fit as a fiddle because my work greatly depends on its performance. By the way, I saw you peeping into that china-iphone forum. I am a member there too.
Last edited by emard; 5th June 2013 at 10:34 AM.
5th June 2013, 01:13 PM   |  #734  
Flag Macedonia

393 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emard

No, mite_jan, I havn't tried that firmware. I am not a big fan of Cyanogen, but anyway I wouldn't advise you to do so unless you are eager to perfect this LeWa further on. I need my phone to be fit as a fiddle because my work greatly depends on its performance. By the way, I saw you peeping into that china-iphone forum. I am a member there too.

yeah but it is hard to talk russian
so this is cyanogen or Lewa ?
i thought it is lewa
5th June 2013, 06:02 PM   |  #735  

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mite_jan

yeah but it is hard to talk russian
so this is cyanogen or Lewa ?
i thought it is lewa

Certainly, it is not pure CyanogenMoD, it's a shell like MIUI. But as LeWa Tek Ltd specializes in making modified software for Android, I consider it to be partly a Cyanogen, because the latter is also a modified version of Android.
Last edited by emard; 5th June 2013 at 06:11 PM.
6th June 2013, 08:27 PM   |  #736  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
signal problem
Hello again, since my first post about the battery (the battery was dead in 30-40minutes everytime i opened the google maps) of my MIZ Z1 MTK6589 Quad Core i manage to have a better battery (about 10% every hour with use and less without use) anyway, my problem now is this
/watch?v=JLrbiSMSaeo&feature=youtu.be , if you watch the video you will see that the signal is on and off ( i have this phone about 3 weeks and is the first time that happens) i always had very good signal and very good streaming but the last 2 days i have nothing, does anyone has the same problem? Any solution for that??? Another problem i have is that i can't open my phone in recovery mode, i have try MILLIONS times to do that but nothing it just restart nothing more...
Thanks in advance...

update
i use this quide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=362 but with better instruction(you can see them in my other post and now my phone is back again, now i hope i will solve the problem with the battery...))
Last edited by Geoland22; 6th June 2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Update
6th June 2013, 09:57 PM   |  #737  

8 posts
better quide how to after you download the programme...
2. After download the file, extract it to a certain location (folder) on your local drive

3. Go to the extracted folder, click on "MauiMETA_exe_3G_v6.1216.0" folder to run setup. This will install Maui META 3G ver 6.1216.0

4. Run Maui META by right click on its icon and select "Run as administrator"

5. After Maui META is launched, at port selection drop down box .. select "USB COM"

6. Click "Options" menu .. select "Connect Smart phone into META mode"

7. Click button "Reconnect" on the right hand

8. Turn off your phone, take the battery out for a few seconds (just to completely reset) then put the battery back in

9. Plug in the USB cable connecting your phone to the computer's USB port. Windows will detect two devices that you will have to manually install the drivers. Both drivers are located in the sub folder of the extracted folder.
9.1 Android Phone (ZP800H) --> Android ADB Interface (use driver in folder "Driver - USB VCOM Driver (binary)")
9.2 CDC Serial (use driver in folder "CDC Serial Driver")

10. Once the drivers are loaded, Maui META will display "Connected with target"

11. Choose "Update parameter" at the long drop down box at the top left coner under the main manu. This will pop up a window names "Update parameter"

12. Click on the button "Change NVRAM DB" then browse to the extracted folder and sub folder names "database". Select the second file with a long name "BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6589_S00_MOLY_WR8_W1248_ MD_WG_MP_V2"

13. Next, click the button "Load from file" and choose file "ZP810" in the extracted folder.

14. Last step, click on the button "Download to flash", this will install new parameters that will fix the 3G network connection of the phone.

After the download is done, you can close Maui META, reboot your device (remove the battery if can not switch off) and test your 3G connection to see improvement, Good Luck ^_^
7th June 2013, 03:06 AM   |  #738  
Flag Macedonia

393 posts
for me battery is perfect
it is discharging around 10% a day if i don't touch it ... maybe make a call or two
with moderate usage whole discharge can last to 5 days

p.s i have also unticked the american gsm from the engineering menu applied deep sleep fix and modified framework so it goes deepsleep even after 15% and bellow and i have lots of apps disabled at startup
Last edited by mite_jan; 7th June 2013 at 03:12 AM.
7th June 2013, 05:25 AM   |  #739  

12 posts
. <50% battery fast discharge
7th June 2013, 08:47 AM   |  #740  

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoland22

2. After download the file, extract it to a certain location (folder) on your local drive
3. Go to the extracted folder, click on "MauiMETA_exe_3G_v6.1216.0" folder to run setup. This will install Maui META 3G ver 6.1216.0.............................

That is a way to patch 3G by ZOPO-intended patch. It's unknown whether it's gonna help. But one can try different radiomodules to find the most fitting one. You need only a rooted phone and a few actions to change and try other radiomodules. Take a collection of radiomodules for our gadget from this address http://forum.china-iphone.ru/post1076423.html#p1076423, extract modem.img from archive, put it into /system/etc/firmware folder on the phone by means of RootExplorer or the like (with replacement, save the original file to SD), set permissions as shown at the above address, close file manager and reboot your device. TRY NEW RADIOMODULE. You will see its version in the Settings.
Last edited by emard; 7th June 2013 at 09:15 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
b943, b94m, cwm 5.5.0.4, root, star
Previous Thread Next Thread