Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][2.0+][20130531]Top 1 File Manager on Google Play, ES File Explorer 3.0 Released

OP EStrongs

5th June 2013, 05:41 AM   |  #671  
Thanks Meter: 534

560 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EStrongs

We will consider it in future versions.

.estrongs will keep your bookmarks, so that it won't be deleted after the application is uninstalled. The cache and temps files are in /Android/data/com.estrongs.android.pop

OK, I understand, thanks for the response.

Would you at least consider moving off of sdcard root
e.g. /sdcard/data/com.estrongs.android.pop/

Some examples of other apps using /sdcard/data for similar reasons:
ColorNote - encrypted backups of notes
Mizuu - custom background images, cache, etc...
TitaniumBackup - settings, licensing-cache, etc...

Thanks again,

-JR-
The Following User Says Thank You to jazzruby For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2013, 09:42 AM   |  #672  
Thanks Meter: 214

267 posts
Exclamation
Big problem with 3.0.4: application exits randomly, either as soon as started or very soon after, which makes it unusable. No FC or other message, it just closes.

Same behaviour whether it is a system or user app.

Reverted back to 3.0.3: problem is gone.
Reinstalled 3.0.4: problem is back.

JB 4.1.2 on Motorola razr i (x86).
6th June 2013, 05:44 PM   |  #673  
Thanks Meter: 178

723 posts
Root explorer doesn't work on Galaxy S4
I’m a long time user of ES Explorer, and after recently upgrading to a Galaxy S4, I noticed that the current version of ES Explorer doesn’t give me the ability to mount as R/W

On my Galaxy nexus, when I navigate to FastAccess->Tools->Root Explorer, it would pop up a message asking me if I wanted to mount as R/W (among other options). But on my S4, that popup doesn’t show up. (I am on stock ROM, rooted, and gave Superuser permissions)

On the Play store, I noticed at least one other person who reported the same issue – so hopefully it is not just me.

(I Emailed the developer, but thought I'd post here to see if I was doing something wrong, or if there was a workaround)
Thanks
6th June 2013, 06:22 PM   |  #674  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 23

134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14

I’m a long time user of ES Explorer, and after recently upgrading to a Galaxy S4, I noticed that the current version of ES Explorer doesn’t give me the ability to mount as R/W

On my Galaxy nexus, when I navigate to FastAccess->Tools->Root Explorer, it would pop up a message asking me if I wanted to mount as R/W (among other options). But on my S4, that popup doesn’t show up. (I am on stock ROM, rooted, and gave Superuser permissions)

On the Play store, I noticed at least one other person who reported the same issue – so hopefully it is not just me.

(I Emailed the developer, but thought I'd post here to see if I was doing something wrong, or if there was a workaround)
Thanks

I have this exact same issue on Verizon Galaxy S4 as well. Verified with another root file explorer app that I could access root folders on it. Seems to be an issue with ES here.
6th June 2013, 06:25 PM   |  #675  
Thanks Meter: 178

723 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz28

I have this exact same issue on Verizon Galaxy S4 as well. Verified with another root file explorer app that I could access root folders on it. Seems to be an issue with ES here.

If you don't mind me asking, which root explorer did you end up picking?
6th June 2013, 06:32 PM   |  #676  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 23

134 posts
More
Quote:

If you don't mind me asking, which root explorer did you end up picking?

PM sent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camaroz28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th June 2013, 02:04 AM   |  #677  
Flag Lake Charles,LA
Thanks Meter: 351

1,640 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks

It was probably me, lol. They sent me some versions to try and so far, no luck but they are working on a solution.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Last edited by guitardoc64; 12th June 2013 at 03:58 AM.
8th June 2013, 04:44 AM   |  #678  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Question
Thanks guys

One thing I've noticed since the most recent update though, is when trying to access (Windows [yet to test with other OS's]) shares on a LAN, if the shares aren't password protected (and thus logging in as anonymous), the login fails.
If you try to manually add the device, it displays "Error, cannot find the server".

Is this a known error, and are there any work arounds for this? (other than getting everyone to p/w their shares)

Edit: I don't believe it's an issue with the device or the OS as the issue exists with my (2.3.6 Gingerbread) phone, as well as my (4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich) tablet.
Last edited by Psyonized; 8th June 2013 at 04:54 AM. Reason: More information
8th June 2013, 07:42 AM   |  #679  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 71

460 posts
Multiple app installationh hangs
I was recently installing a bunch of 15+ apps, but installation hung with 5-6 left. I left it during the night, but it didn't finish. In status it was written that it is still installing. Es file explorer did not crash, though.
8th June 2013, 08:29 AM   |  #680  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 900

209 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruse2382

loving the new version but when i use it to copy music from my laptop to my phone over wifi, my music player (android music player and player pro) will be unable to find the songs.

ive tried copying the songs again with the old version and it works first time. so definatly a problem with the new version

Fixed

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
es file explorer manager v3
Previous Thread Next Thread