Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,178 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] PointROM - A ROM with PointUI v 1 cooked in [WM6.1]

Tip us?

ace10134
Old
(Last edited by ace10134; 31st July 2009 at 01:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelco93 View Post
i flashed the normal version but that was the first link you posted so i dont know about the new one. Not related, but i found that when i use the volume rocker while im in a call to make the in-call volume louder it uses the rocker as sort of a toggle instead of changing the volume.
Yea, I listed that as a "Feature" of this ROM. But, oh, wait, that happens while In-Call! That's bad. I knew it happened in PointUI, which was kind of usefull.

Waitttt.....It doesn't act as a "toggle" in the call screen. Are you using PointUI's call screen thing? Because with the default WinMo dialer, it works as a volume adjuster, like normal.

Ohhhh...I see what you're saying. It brings up that HTC Volume Slider, and that version only controls System volume. I could try finding a different version, and see if I can make it work. Or, I can just remove it, in general.

I'll see if I can find you a registry edit in the mean time, that will disable that volume slider. Tweak to increase in-call volume at Post 122
I Heart WP7 - Tell companies they should write their app for WP7!

The Wingster - Access to all of the best Programs, Hacks, and ROMs for your Touch Pro 2 and T-Mobile Wing

ace10134
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Ok, try this tweak to increase the phone's In-Call volume: Using a registry editor (like PHM RegEdit), navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\Shell Overrides\
Find the SavedInCallVolume value, and open it.

Switch the base to Hexadecimal

Change the Value data to "FFFFFFFF" (eight capital F's)

Restart your phone (by holding down the power button). Now when it boots, your in-call volume should be louder. Tell me if you think it worked!!!

The Wingster - Access to all of the best Programs, Hacks, and ROMs for your Touch Pro 2 and T-Mobile Wing

guntcent
Old
Thanks Meter 12
i cant flashed LZX

ace10134
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by guntcent View Post
i cant flashed LZX
Dude, I told you to give me more info. I can't help you otherwise.

What happens when you start flashing from your SD card??

uries62
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having a problem with the LZX version too.

When flashing on SD, I get an error specifiying:

"Reading second OS from SD!" (this is after the Loading ExtRom dialog)

It holds there forever. When I reset, I get the load screen forever.

ace10134
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by uries62 View Post
I am having a problem with the LZX version too.

When flashing on SD, I get an error specifiying:

"Reading second OS from SD!" (this is after the Loading ExtRom dialog)

It holds there forever. When I reset, I get the load screen forever.
That's not an error. Did you let it flash for like 10 minutes??? It always says that message, that's part of the proccess.

ivanmmj
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
If it says that, you do NOT need to flash it through the SD. The SD process is not meant for LZX roms, but for ROMs that are really small.
God bless you!!!

ace10134
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanmmj View Post
If it says that, you do NOT need to flash it through the SD. The SD process is not meant for LZX roms, but for ROMs that are really small.
Well, I can't flash the LZX version through the PC. It got an error at like 3%, I think, and said that it was corrupt or file size was wrong, something like that. So flashing the LZX through the PC didn't work, for some reason. Flashing through my SD card worked fine though.

And Ivan, do you think that the upload got corrupted or something?? Because it flashed fine on my phone. I'm confused why it's not working for them

ace10134
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
You guys still haven't gotten the LZX version working?? I'm really thinking that the upload must have gotten corrupted, or something, because the exact same one works fine on my phone. I guess I'll download my own LZX NBH file, and try it out.

Or, if you guys got it working, TELL ME!!

ivanmmj
Old
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134 View Post
Well, I can't flash the LZX version through the PC. It got an error at like 3%, I think, and said that it was corrupt or file size was wrong, something like that. So flashing the LZX through the PC didn't work, for some reason. Flashing through my SD card worked fine though.

And Ivan, do you think that the upload got corrupted or something?? Because it flashed fine on my phone. I'm confused why it's not working for them
It sounds like it's corrupt.
Try creating a MD5 sum next time so people can double check if it's corrupt.
God bless you!!!

Tags
home, pointui, rom, tmobile, wing