OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,639

2,292 posts
Donate to Me
More

Introduction

Quote:

ADB and Fastboot are arguably two of the most indispensable tools used when working with Android devices. If you really want to modify, debug, and tweak along with their countless uses in rooting, and other procedures ADB and Fastboot are a must for any Android device owner. Typically if you want to install ADB and Fastboot you have to download and setup the Android SDK (If you really want to learn about Android Development I highly recommend downloading and installing the full Android SDK from here), but this can be unnecessary for people who just want to install ADB and Fastboot. To simply the process I created a windows installer that will install the latest version of ADB and Fastboot for you quickly and easily. The total installation of Minimal ADB and Fastboot is around 2 MB in size (Compared to the 90+ MB size of the Android SDK Tools, and 425+ MB size of the complete Android SDK) making it very lightweight.

Screenshots

Features

Quote:

• Easily Install ADB and Fastboot with a simple to use installer
  • Lightweight, total installation around 2 MB in size

How to Install

Quote:

Prerequisites

• Your device is plugged into your computer
  • You have USB Debugging enabled under Developer Options (Note: This may be listed as ADB Debugging on some ROM's)
  • You have installed the necessary drivers and your computer is recognizing your device
  1. Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup.exe from here
  2. Follow the Installers instructions and select where you would like to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot too (For simplicity I choose to install it to the Desktop)
  3. After you have chosen where to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot too select whether you would like to create a Start Menu Folder or not for the instalation
  4. Once you have chosen where to install it to and if you want to create a Start Menu Folder select the install option
  5. After the Installation Wizard has completed you can select to start Minimal ADB and Fastboot
  6. You can also start Minimal ADB and Fastboot by navigating to the Start Menu Folder you choose to create during installtion or the desktop shortcut you choose to create and selecting Minimal ADB and Fastboot
  7. You should now see a command window open, with the command window open you can now issue ADB and Fastboot commands to your device

For more information on issuing commands to your device using ADB and Fastboot I would recommend taking a look at this guide on ADB and this guide on Fastboot.

Changelog
Quote:

*For previous versions changelog please click the "Click To Show Content" button

Version 1.2 (11-6-14)

*Updated ADB to version 1.0.3.2
*Updates Fastboot to latest version

Version 1.1.3 (7-18-13)

*Fixed problem that was causing a force close with the desktop shortcut on Windows 8/8.1

Version 1.1.2 (6-28-13)

*Added start menu shortcut that open a command prompt window in the directory where you installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot to allowing you to easily run ADB and Fastboot commands
*Added option to create desktop shortcut for command prompt window in Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory

Version 1.0 (6-10-13)

*Initial version uploaded

Downloads

For 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Operating Systems:

Quote:

*To download previous versions please click the "Click To Show Content" button

Download Version 1.2 Here

MD5 Checksum: 813C54CDF3B461CD485E23F327ADF725

Download Version 1.1.3 Here

MD5 Checksum: 47334BD7837C379F44A96B9FEE9F66E7

Download Version 1.1.2 Here

MD5 Checksum: AA291CD76C224EB6CCC061B80F89074F

Download Version 1.0 Here

MD5 Checksum: B7E99321CBA3711DCAB7D3885BAAD336

Dropbox Mirror:

*To download previous versions please click the "Click To Show Content" button

Download Version 1.2 Here

MD5 Checksum: 813C54CDF3B461CD485E23F327ADF725

Download Version 1.1.3 Here

MD5 Checksum: 47334BD7837C379F44A96B9FEE9F66E7

Download Version 1.1.2 Here

MD5 Checksum: AA291CD76C224EB6CCC061B80F89074F

Download Version 1.0 Here

MD5 Checksum: B7E99321CBA3711DCAB7D3885BAAD336

Credits

Quote:

Code:
*Google for developing ADB and Fastboot

Thank you to CONAN TROUTMAN and the rest of the XDA writers for featuring this on the portal on June 12, 2013 !
Last edited by shimp208; 7th November 2014 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Updated to version 1.2 includes latest version of ADB and Fastboot
The Following 407 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2013, 07:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Boston

2,292 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tools that Use Minimal ADB and Fastboot

[tool][app] 10 min adb/fastboot for htcm8 on win8 an win8.1 Thread By: Tigerstown

Note: If you would like to create a tool that uses Minimal ADB and Fastboot you are free to do so, all I ask is that you link to the original thread and give proper credit . Additionally if you would like your tool or guide that uses Minimal ADB and Fastboot to be added to this list please let me know.
Last edited by shimp208; 20th September 2014 at 08:19 PM.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2013, 08:16 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,912

6,053 posts
More
Nice tool! I see you linked my guide... That's more the reason I should finish it haha!
Anyway this would be perfect for anyone looking for, as you rightly put it, the two most indispensable tools for android, and don't want anything but.
Don't know how possible or easy it is to implement but auto adding a path in environmental variables would be a great addition to your .exe
Either this or maybe adding instructions how to do so, anyway I'll be sure to link this, great work!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2013, 11:20 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Leverkusen
Thanks Meter: 3,592

5,803 posts
Donate to Me
More
awesome,many thanx for this work,thats what im waiting for a long time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -CALIBAN666- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2013, 01:16 PM   |  #5  
Flag Boston

2,292 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

Don't know how possible or easy it is to implement but auto adding a path in environmental variables would be a great addition to your .exe
Either this or maybe adding instructions how to do so, anyway I'll be sure to link this, great work!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Thanks! I'll definitely think about adding in an environmental variable for the path to the .exe or as an option once the user setups the tool. I'll make it optional as some people don't like to mess with how they have there environmental path variable setup in Windows. Also thank you very much for linking it .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2013, 04:23 AM   |  #6  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 339

442 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

Thanks! I'll definitely think about adding in an environmental variable for the path to the .exe or as an option once the user setups the tool. I'll make it optional as some people don't like to mess with how they have there environmental path variable setup in Windows. Also thank you very much for linking it .

is this 64 bit or 32 bit ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamashwin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2013, 04:44 AM   |  #7  
Flag Boston

2,292 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamashwin

is this 64 bit or 32 bit ?

This tool will work on either 32-bit or 64-bit.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2013, 06:53 AM   |  #8  
Flag Ashkelon
Thanks Meter: 11

75 posts
More
Cannot download. Google drive is currently unreachable.
13th June 2013, 07:29 AM   |  #9  
Flag Boston

2,292 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davitdavtyan@gmail.com

Cannot download. Google drive is currently unreachable.

Download link was working fine for me for Google Drive but I have also mirrored the download in my Dropbox which can be downloaded from here .
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2013, 07:50 AM   |  #10  
Flag Taichung
Thanks Meter: 44

172 posts
More
Thumbs up
This really helps me out since I have a couple of PCs located at different cities.
And when I want to flash the latest rom using ADB- or Fastboot-free computers, I don't have to download the whole Android SDK any more.
Big thanks to you,bro.

The Following User Says Thank You to noradoor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, easy adb, fastboot, installer, minimal
Previous Thread Next Thread