Its a wee bit buggy innit!? Shall we start a list?

Search This thread

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
Hello fellow guinea pigs !

I've been waiting ages for thgis phone and i'm preparred to work through the issues rather than send it back. I've noticed it has a few more bugs than my garden shed. Maybe we can list them and togerther suss out if we can overcome them.

1. Won't update/seach or tweet via the twitter app, autocollect email or load facebook pages via 3G. Works fine via wifi though. Updates weather and internet browing is fine on both though.

UPDATE
works fine with a T-Mobile sim. Must be a Vodafone issue.

2. Can only update lockscreen background from YOURE pictures, not the HTC background folder. Despite the default being from the HTC File.

there was another, forgot, i'll come back. i've got a few bugs too!

Last edited:

maikie

Oct 22, 2008
What version of android are you running?

Mine has none of thos bugs all the problem you said are working fine for me.

I don't know if this is correct but my software version is: 1.0.0.A6288 (if that makes sense)

Ovek

Jul 31, 2009
1. No IMAP folder prefix option in mail - well none that I can find!

2. All the custom bookmarks I save are saved with a zoomed in screenshot so they all look stupid on the thumbnail view.

veejayjameson

Jan 17, 2007
How's everyone's "people" facebook integration?

It has the potential to be so amazing and yet at the moment it seems to be a bit on and off. Just had a scare after sync 100+ contacts doing the "link facebook profile" as all the pictures disappeared.

When you click update I not really sure what it does but it takes forever!

Hopefully fixed by software updates :S?

xdaman85

Apr 14, 2007
London
Hello fellow Gunniepigs!

I've been waiting ages for thgis phone and i'm preparred to work through the issues rather than send it back. I've noticed it has a few more bugs than my garden shed. Maybe we can list them and togerther suss out if we can overcome them.

1. Won't update/seach or tweet via the twitter app, autocollect email or load facebook pages via 3G. Works fine via wifi though. Updates weather and internet browing is fine on both though.

2. Can only update lockscreen background from YOURE pictures, not the HTC background folder. Despite the default being from the HTC File.

there was another, forgot, i'll come back. i've got a few bugs too!

I know it has a few problems right now, but give the phone a chance, HTC are working on a lot of the initial bugs and I'm sure they'll provide a software update to resolve these issues.

hairy bum

Jul 30, 2009
biggest prob ive found is when on a call the screen goes black :eek:
now wot button do you press to wake the phone up ? oh the ------- yep you got it no more phone call :mad: so how do you wake up the screen while on a call ?

[jon]

Jul 31, 2009
Yeah the disappearing Facebook pictures is really annoying, they disappear in batches though... Each picture persists for about 24 hours before disappearing... Very weird behaviour. You can then re-add them by editing the contact and reapplying their picture "from facebook".

I will be REALLY peeved if they don't fix this in an update... (and soon!!) -- can we just try and determine exactly how many people are experiencing this issue (i.e. is it everyone?) -- and is it just me or does the People list scroll really poorly...? Very jerky, not at all smooth like some of the other lists.

And to add to your bugs -- I have found the "manage applications" to take AGES to load (much of the time) i.e. longest is in excess of 30 seconds, quickest is 3-4 seconds, not quite sure why, as my brother has a Magic and it loads in ~2 secs every time...

markya23

Jul 5, 2007

Sound's like my wife's problem... If you're on TMob, get them to test your Internet Plus provisioning. I had no such problem on mine...

How's everyone's "people" facebook integration?

It has the potential to be so amazing and yet at the moment it seems to be a bit on and off. Just had a scare after sync 100+ contacts doing the "link facebook profile" as all the pictures disappeared.

When you click update I not really sure what it does but it takes forever!

Hopefully fixed by software updates :S?

Seen one or two glitches, but nothing I can pin down yet!

ritdaw

Jan 17, 2007
I LOVE this phone.

One annoyance: When looking through facebook photos via "Albums" you can do anything other than share a link via email, having a save as or set as button would be awesome!

herman3101

May 16, 2005
Milton Keynes
www.lickmynuts.co.uk
Pressing and holding the home button to bring up the list of running programs removes the home button association to the senseUI. When you next press the home button it asks whether you want touchflo3d or standard android home.

chiz65

Jul 31, 2009
Pressing and holding the home button to bring up the list of running programs removes the home button association to the senseUI. When you next press the home button it asks whether you want touchflo3d or standard android home.

This doesn't happen on mine. None of the methods anyone has mentioned like this seem to work on my hero. (orange version)

Don Vincenzo

May 8, 2006
London

I've had my Hero for 36 hours now, and this is one of the more noticable bugs I've come across so far - highly irritating, as I'm used to using the Home button long-press a lot...

Ovek

Jul 31, 2009
Found another problem with the HTC mail app...

1. Regardless of what username I put in the smtp setup screen, after it validates the settings it changes the username to my pop username and password so I can't send email - baring in mind I get no sort of error messages very poor!

My word does the mail app need some more time in the oven, considering its just based of the standard Google e-mail app which has none of these setup problems. All they seem to have done is make - let's face it - an already poor app worse!

Last edited:

veejayjameson

Jan 17, 2007

yer me neither. I didn't know you could hold down home to view that though. Is a good addition! and can always keep Taskiller running so easy to properly quit apps.

hopefully the first firmware update will solve all these issues :).

Anyone have the issue where on the homescreen, with the HTC music and calender widget, whenever i paused on a particular screen with them on, the white text would be there for about 2 seconds, then disappear...?
Very odd. Although a soft reset seemed to solve it.

O one more thing, I LOVE the capacitive screen, the keyboard has really been worked on. (would be nice to have a proper " ? ") button though always find myself holding down k to get that which slows down typing time.

footboydog

Jan 25, 2009
Weirdly I can't seem to set the screen brightness! Its greyed out in the display options. When I hook it up to adb on my PC I see lots of "ERROR/HardwareService(60): GetPreferredValue (settings.display.brightness, 102) failed!" messages.
EDIT: I have an unlocked white one BTW

R

rhedgehog

Weirdly I can't seem to set the screen brightness! Its greyed out in the display options.

Have you ticked the box directly above it called 'Disable auto backlight'?
once this is ticked, you should be able to manually set the brightness.

And i can't get the home bug to occur either. brown sim free running 1.76.405.6