roms! wow

Search This thread

AlanPototsky

Jul 26, 2010
The funny thing for me is that the stock ROM is hands down the best. Everything works, it is, super fast, no lag, I have flashed them all and I always come back to stock.

Last edited:

terryfiedxda

Jun 10, 2013
The eye is watching you...

Try beans. You will never look anywhere else!
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

I agree...I just flashed BeansROM and it's running great. One question though - when i have Smart Stay enabled, I have an eye in the notification bar all of the time and it used to only show up when it was checking. How do I make it only appear when it's checking again?

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

The funny thing for me is that the stock ROM is hands down the best. Everything works, it is, super fast, no lag, I have flashed them all and I always come back to stock.

I'd have to respectfully disagree, at least with Beans ROM anyway. Beans adds a lot of functionality to the phone, like the MIUI battery bar which allows me unclutter my notification bar by removing the battery icon, or by having 7 toggles appear at once, with the ability to move them around. I also like the advanced Power monitoring features and the S4 Google stuff. There's more but you get the idea.

Whafrodamus

Nov 17, 2011
Boston
I personally can't deal with touchwiz. Little quirks (that I'm not going to get into here) really bug me. TW based roms like Beans are great, but I'm a 4.2.2 man. My Note 2 is my work phone, and my ATT S3 is my personal phone. The S3 is running Task650 AOKP and it's really smooth, fast, and has incredible battery life. When I received my note, first thing I did was root it and get rid of stock TW. I don't care what anyone says, it's laggy and loaded with crap. I immediately checked out what AOKP had to offer for the Note 2 and ran their stable builds and nightlies for a few months. The stability was hit or miss with the nightlies, and the battery life wasn't that great. As a work phone, a random reboot during a site meeting with a customer can be a huge inconvenience. Stability and battery life are essential for a work phone, and AOKP wasn't cutting it here. A few weeks ago I moved to ChameleonOS. I really liked it! I liked the green colors, the overall stability (no reboots), and it had most of the AOKP customization options that I like. The only issue that was popping up was semi frequent SystemUI crashes. This past weekend I decided to look around at other ROMs and stumbled upon Vanilla Rootbox. They have recently released their 4.0 stable build, and so far it's been AMAZING. So much customization, no crashes or reboots (yet), and the battery life is excellent (using w/ the newest Matrix GPU overclock kernel). No stuttering, and snappy GPS lock. I'm glad how far 4.2.2 roms have come for this device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try beans. You will never look anywhere else!

Novella Dos with Verizon patch!!!
    Anyone know with the arrival of the S4 if we'll see TW ports to the Note 2? I'm interested in TW running android 4.2.
    If you want to try a dope tw rom.... try amnospherum. The transitions are great and performance and customization is incredible for a TW based Rom. It doesnt get nearly as much attention as it should but really all around a great rom

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    If you want to try a dope tw rom.... try amnospherum. The transitions are great and performance and customization is incredible for a TW based Rom. It doesnt get nearly as much attention as it should but really all around a great rom

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

+1 on this....its definitely a dd rom. I switch between tweaked and amnospherum rom.