Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Comm Manager 2.9.5.0 Suite w/ Wifi Sharing v1.1 [NEW TEST CABS 09/04/2009]

Tip us?

AssassinsLament
Old
(Last edited by AssassinsLament; 4th September 2009 at 09:23 PM.) Reason: Added wifi sharing cabs
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] Comm Manager 2.9.5.0 Suite w/ Wifi Sharing v1.1 [NEW TEST CABS 09/04/2009]

This isn't a new app or anything, it's just the latest Comm Manager (2.9.5.0) packaged in a suite. Not very cool is it? Well, the "cool" feature part is Wifi Sharing integrated into the Comm Manager. After going through some packages, I realized that I could integrate the new HTC Wifi Sharing application(as found --> here) into the Comm Manager itself. So after some playing around to try to get all the components to work, I finally got it and put it together in a package. So here it is!

What's in the suite?

CM_Bluetooth_1_1_4_0 (HTC Bluetooth Wizard - Helps make bluetooth pairing easier)
CM_InternetSharing_0_9_2_0 (HTC Wifi Sharing Utility - Let's you share your data connection through wifi)
CM_Phone_1_1_0_0 (HTC Phone and Pin Utility - Configuring phone settings)
CM_WiFiWizard_1_7_3_0 (HTC Wifi Wizard - Helps make wifi connecting easier)
CommManager_2_9_5_0 (HTC Communications Manager - Manages all of the above)
HTCScroll_1_0_1914_2726 (HTC Scroll DLL - needed for Wifi Sharing)

Not much to say about it other than I "ported" the components myself from scratch from various leaked OEM roms such as the new TACHI and LEO, and put them all in one package. I also res hacked some better looking icons into the executables and resigned them, that's about it. I suppose this suite should work with all TouchPro variations at the least, but I have not tested that assumption so. For sure it works on my Fuze. So only install if you know what you're doing. I take no responsibilities for whatever comes from installing it. I make no claims as developing them. I just put them all together.

I will attach both a CAB, and EXT package version.

Enjoy!

AL_CommManager_Suite_with_WifiSharing_EXT.zip - For use in Ervius's Visual Kitchens

AL_CommManager_Suite_with_WifiSharing.CAB (OLDer!)

** Updated **
Changelog: 1.0 - 1.1
-Updated HTC Internet Sharing to 1.1.1.2 (Thanks to Conflipper)
-Left executables untouched to see if this helps with the permissions issue. (no custom icons)

AL_CommManager_Suite_with_WifiSharing_1_1.CAB (NEW!)

*** UPDATE 09/04/09 ***
Added test cabs(below) that installs just the wifi sharing application and integrates it into your current commManager without installing a new commManager. This should mean more compatibility with other devices because we're not overwriting the commManager. But... commManager version might be critical to these cabs working or not, so make sure you have an updated commManager version. Probably commManager versions 2.9+ (Most newer cooked roms should have the newer commManagers). Try the cabs out ONLY if you've been having issues with the commManager suite not working right. If you're not having issues, don't use these cabs as they are the same exact version.

You only need to install one cab, depending on which slot you want the wifi sharing to replace.

(Slot3) = 4th Button from top in commManager
(Slot4) = 5th Button from top in commManager
(Slot5) = 6th Button from top in commManager
and so on... (remember the first slot is slot 0, and not 1)

So figure out which slot in the commManager you want to put wifi sharing in, then use that cab. Use at your own risk!

And don't forget to soft reset after installing! Also, I forgot to mention, HTCScroll.dll is needed for wifi sharing to work also, but most newer roms should have it.

ermenzegna
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hey dude, thanks for sharing this nice app.
YES ! it's a TouchPro

ROM : NGR 3.0
HardSPL : Olinex 1.90
NOT SECURITY UNLOCK yet, cause my money run out with this beauty beast

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 466
interesting... screen shots? also you might want to make one with htc scroll 2 for 6.5 users.

smittyofdhs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinsLament View Post
This isn't a new app or anything, it's just the latest Comm Manager (2.9.5.0) packaged in a suite. Not very cool is it? Well, the "cool" feature part is Wifi Sharing integrated into the Comm Manager. After going through some packages, I realized that I could integrate the new HTC Wifi Sharing application(as found --> here) into the Comm Manager itself. So after some playing around to try to get all the components to work, I finally got it and put it together in a package. So here it is!

What's in the suite?

CM_Bluetooth_1_1_4_0 (HTC Bluetooth Wizard - Helps make bluetooth pairing easier)
CM_InternetSharing_0_9_2_0 (HTC Wifi Sharing Utility - Let's you share your data connection through wifi)

Not much to say about it other than I "ported" the components myself from scratch from various leaked OEM roms such as the new TACHI and LEO, and put them all in one package. I also res hacked some better looking icons into the executables and resigned them, that's about it. I suppose this suite should work with all TouchPro variations at the least, but I have not tested that assumption so. For sure it works on my Fuze. So only install if you know what you're doing. I take no responsibilities for whatever comes from installing it. I make no claims as developing them. I just put them all together.

Enjoy!

AL_CommManager_Suite_with_WifiSharing_EXT.zip - For use in Ervius's Visual Kitchens

AL_CommManager_Suite_with_WifiSharing.CAB

I apologize if someone has already released something similar. Just sharing what I use.
what rom and radio are you using on your fuze?
Phone: HTC Fuze
HardSPL: OliNex
Current ROM: 'Photon' (23504) ★ Titanium

My PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe > Handspring Edge > Ipaq 3850 > Siemens/AT&T SX56 PPCPE > Moto MPx200 Smartphone > Audiovox 4100 PPCPE > Audiovox SMT5600 > Cingular SX66 PPCPE > RIM Blackberry 7520 > RIM Blackberry 7100i > Verizon XV6700 > Samsung BlackJack > AT&T Tilt > HTC FUZE

AssassinsLament
Old
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyofdhs View Post
what rom and radio are you using on your fuze?
I'm using my own personal wm6.1 rom. I'm using the 1.14.25.05 Radio and rilphone.dll

AssassinsLament
Old
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
interesting... screen shots? also you might want to make one with htc scroll 2 for 6.5 users.
The application specifically calls htcscroll.dll, so including scroll2 wouldn't do anything. Besides, scroll1 and scroll2 can co-exist, it just depends on which application calls on which dll file.

burnblue
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Where's the button to turn 3G on and off?

AssassinsLament
Old
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnblue View Post
Where's the button to turn 3G on and off?
There isn't enough room for it, so if you want it, you'll have to replace one of the default buttons. It involves a few minor registry edits, which you can do with a registry editor. Programs like Advanced Configuration Tool v3.3 can also reorder and replace comm manager buttons too, but yes, 3G is included and can be used on it.

Here is an example of what needs to be done to the registry in order to change one of the buttons to 3G. I don't want to go too into detail because it requires some registry knowledge, but I'll give an example. Please don't touch the registry if you're not comfortable with it, as it can mess up a lot of things with your phone. I take no responsibilities if anyone messes up their registry from this.

Ok, let's say you want to change the Bluetooth for 3G
Here is what to look for:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\CommManager\3]
@="Bluetooth"
replace the "Bluetooth" with "3G" like this:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\CommManager\3]
@="3G"
And that should do it. It's pretty simple but you have to know what you're doing. Always always backup your registry before doing any work on it.

burnblue
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks. I'd assumed that Phone or maybe even Flight Mode would be the first sacrificed.. I mean, how often does anyone turn their cellular radio on and off? I've never used those switches

montecristo1
Old
(Last edited by montecristo1; 16th August 2009 at 06:13 PM.) Reason: Update:
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinsLament View Post

What's in the suite?

Enjoy!

AL_CommManager_Suite_with_WifiSharing.CAB

I apologize if someone has already released something similar. Just sharing what I use.
Thanks for sharing...but having difficulty getting the cab file to download...didn't work...the exe file did....but would rather get the cab file....another link?

Nevermind...just downloaded...Thank you for sharing.