[Q] Star B6000 Quad Core MTK6589T Android 4.2 5.7inch

Search This thread

wahuka

Sep 15, 2011
Hello everyone.
I have seen this model Star B6000.
I wonder if someone has already and has rooted and CWM.
Can not find the Star brand website so if I can not get the original rom if there will be updates

Thanks to all:good:

Jan 7, 2013
Last edited:

wahuka

Sep 15, 2011
This should be the official website http://starmobile.com.ph/
but u will find nothing about B6000 its very weak website, I want to buy this phone but also im afraid theres no support for this phone
-----------
Check this may help in root http://droidchina.com/forum/Thread-Auto-Root-MTK6589-One-click-root

OR http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2247537

But I'm not sure about that !! because B6000 has higher cpu called MTK6589T which means higher frequency (1.50 GHz)

Thanks for the info.
I think if this brand does not support customers seeketh me another phone of another brand.
That the phone had everything I want, but I do not buy without support :crying:

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks for the info.
I think if this brand does not support customers seeketh me another phone of another brand.
That the phone had everything I want, but I do not buy without support :crying:

Yes u r absolutely right and for Chinese cheap smartphones I think "zopo" has best support specially ZOPO C2 looks gr8 http://www.zopomobileshop.com/

whatever I'm not gonna buy Chinese but I'm only suggest to u ..and this site for Chinese smartphones custom ROMS http://www.needrom.com/

Cheers :good:

Last edited:

wahuka

Sep 15, 2011

chong81

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks for the info,

Is there any way to have it in English?
With the google translator is very bad

I can read a bit of chinese, and the user reviews in that forum are not encouraging. The forum is also pretty dead.

Some examples:
  • Rampant SODs and crashes (bluebo claims improvements in 6/19 ROM, but very little feedback thus far)
  • 1 user has obvious dust below screen.
  • 1 user seeing screen flickering under low light
  • 1 user say shutter speed is slow
  • Users of previous models cussing and swearing that bugs are left unfixed

satiros

Nov 26, 2007
thessaloniki
I can read a bit of chinese, and the user reviews in that forum are not encouraging. The forum is also pretty dead.

Some examples:
  • Rampant SODs and crashes (bluebo claims improvements in 6/19 ROM, but very little feedback thus far)
  • 1 user has obvious dust below screen.
  • 1 user seeing screen flickering under low light
  • 1 user say shutter speed is slow
  • Users of previous models cussing and swearing that bugs are left unfixed

thank you
that means go away

harvestfx

Mar 11, 2007
my phone just arrived, star b6000
Is anyone know, when this random reboot happen ?
I just try around 5 hour, there no random reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First Impressions

I bought a B6000 off aliexpress the last week and it arrived yesterday. I thought I would post my impressions.

The phone seemed reasonably well made, no problems with parts not fitting. The home button on the front feels a bit flimsy and loose and takes a bit of pressure to register. The home and back capacitive buttons next to it are not the most responsive as you have to hit them in the right spot. The sensitive area for them should have been larger. The best thing about the phone is the screen which is very good. Colors are nice and it is bright and has good viewing angles. The screen is responsive and I do not notice much difference between it and my old s2. The only thing I miss is the deeper blacks from the Samsung screen on an old s2.

The rear camera works reasonably well but has some shutter lag but the front camera was very grainy. No problem occured with wifi or bluetooth, but the GPS wouldn't lock on (in Australia) out of the box. After changing the GPS settings to turn on GPS EPO and A-GPS there were no problems and the phone would get a fix in about 3 seconds. I didn't encounter any issues with calls or network settings.

After getting the phone, I rooted it with motochopper and installed CWM via mobileuncle with no issues. I put on Jinx's stock based rom from needroms..

So far I am very happy with this phone. It's a lot of phone for only 200 bucks.
    -------------

Just some extra comments after 2 days of usage. The battery life is good. On light usage it drops by about 1% per hour. I have 70% left today after 18 hours of usage. I can't comment on how much battery life you would get if you used it heavily, but I don't think there is any issue with the phone lasting all day. Certainly much better battery life than my old S2 (even with a battery friendly setup).

The weight of the phone is a bit of an issue for using it one handed. I have large hands so the size isn't a problem but the weight makes it a bit tiring. The compass sensor also seems a bit dodgy. Even after using a calibration program I cant get it to be accurate on maps. This does not affect navigation on gmaps thought. If anyone has any experience with getting the compass working properly I would like to know.

Still happy with the phone. Just hoping that it will last at least a year.
    did anyone know how to swap the SDCARD0 to internal memory
    the internal memory only 1 gb, if we can swap it with SDCARD0, I think it more good to the phone

please, share you antutu score
    mine is 15333
    Download this -> http: // www 4shared com/zip/pj-5JK3q/Repartition8gb.html
    Backup 5gb partition, Install apk, run it and restart.
    If you chose one partition you can restart in CWM and install deactivate.zip

I upload all necessary for update rom and others here... http: // www 4shared com/folder/yy3KXLjq/Bluebo_B6000.html
    ....Now I use beast rom. This is original stock rom. And the best antutu (16000) and quadrant (6000)score for these three rom.
    Can you suggest me a rom better than beast :)

Beast rom is good. I don't know if there is a better rom but I like the version from S4, special the one by smartdigi.
    I use beta v2.6, there is a new version V3. I don't have the time to flash yet.
    http://www.needrom.com/mobile/bluebo-b6000-4-2-2/
    Thanks! Can you explain the process a little more, please? Last time I used Titanium I did not quite know what I was doing and actually had system apps being restored which I think caused problems. I may be wrong. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Restore with Titanium Backup:

Part A - Restoring User Apps/data:
    A: Open Titanium Backup
    B: Press Menu > Batch
    C: Scroll down a little until you see the "RUN" in blue.
    D: Press the "RUN" button next to: "Restore missing apps with data" (DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM DATA)
    E: All user apps will be selected by default, if you do not wish to include some apps in the restore, un-check them from the list.
    D: Press "Run the batch operation" at the top of the screen.
    F: Allow the process to complete, at which point you will back at the main screen, immediately proceed to part B:

Part B - Restoring Select System Data:
    This step is optional and can create some issues if done incorrectly. (Even if done correctly, it can sometimes cause issues.)

A: From the main screen of Titanium Backup press the button labeled: Backup/Restore at the top of the screen.
    B: You will see a list of all the User Apps, System Apps, and System Data that are currently present on your phone. (The bottom of the list will have grayed out and striked items that are representative of data/apps that Titanium has backups of, but are not currently installed on the phone)
    C: You will see different colors: RED - System App or Data (You Never want to restore these items); WHITE - User App/Data (These are almost always fine to restore, since they are not system dependent); GREEN - System data that is relatively safe to restore. I cannot say whether all the "Green" items are safe, but the Items I restore after a wipe are:
    [BOOKMARKS]Browser - This will restore your bookmarks in the web browser.
    [CALENDAR]Calendar Storage - This will restore your calendar appointments if they aren't saved to your Google Calendar.
    [USER DICT] - This will restore the user learned words stored in your keyboards.
    [SMS/MMS/APN]Dialar Storage & [SMS/MMS PREFS]Messaging - These will restore your messaging settings and conversations.
    Wi-Fi Access Points - This will restore your "memorized" Wi-Fi access points, including password and log in credentials.
    D: Feel free to play around with these and restore what "green" items you wish. But do so with caution and I recommend doing one at a time to ensure that you don't run into issues. Once you know what one's play nice, it will be a breeze to go through them in the future and restore the ones you want.
    E:Restore an item by short pressing it. It will pop up a menu, and you select "Restore".
    F: Reboot your phone!

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

roy, where ypu upload? mega or needroom?
    thanks

Enviado desde mi B6000 拓客國際台灣版

Needrom or...........
    https://mega.co.nz/#!nVdRka6K!EW_yugV8CHrBL1Q6YqD7jweHf_QmU7cO2unoRGPWmpo

Sent from my B6000 using Tapatalk 4
    New rom I made on Needrom

Sent from my Beast using Tapatalk 4