Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,758 Members 46,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to Enter ODIN and Recovery Modes on Verizon Galaxy S4

Tip us?

Bdubois100
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well I have pushed volume down and power over and over and my phone will not enter odin.

gabidigab
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks you !

SonicJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdubois100 View Post
Well I have pushed volume down and power over and over and my phone will not enter odin.
Don't just push them. You need to hold both until you feel the phone vibrate. Then you can let go of the power button, but keep holding volume down until download mode starts.
The Following User Says Thank You to SonicJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

onearmsysiphus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicJoe View Post
Don't just push them. You need to hold both until you feel the phone vibrate. Then you can let go of the power button, but keep holding volume down until download mode starts.
When someone offers a debloat script that's in a Zip file and says "flash it to your device" do you think they mean flash it in Odin mode or flash using TWRP??

SonicJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by onearmsysiphus View Post
When someone offers a debloat script that's in a Zip file and says "flash it to your device" do you think they mean flash it in Odin mode or flash using TWRP??
Flash it in recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to SonicJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

onearmsysiphus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks SonicJoe. Starting to figure *some of this stuff out haha.

trenthari
Old
(Last edited by trenthari; 7th July 2013 at 05:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Issue

alrigth i got it to work. is there any way to move cwm backups to the sd card?

Cazrcharge
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Odin Error

I am having one heck of a time flashing to the GS4 with Odin. I follow all of the steps to a "t" but cannot get the custom kernal onto the device. I'm having no problem getting to download mode and all the setting look to be correct, however when I start the Odin process I end up with a "fail" every time. I have been looking around the web for a few days for an answer, but so far this looks like the best thread to get help.

cbmggm
Old
Thanks Meter 273
Make sure the kernel you are trying to flash is compatible with the Odin method. A lot of kernels can be flashed via custom recovery. The first thing I would do is uninstall and then reinstall the Samsung drivers. Make sure you have the latest and it is compatible with your computer OS. You would be surprised how often drivers can screw up Odin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

anand812
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default my s4 is getting into download mode itself..

i got my s4 i9500 frm bangkok but now not accepting the network ...so tried to get in download mode n root it n then 2 chg the rom n try but its not getting into download mode itself wen i use (vol down+power+main btn) ... but its going in recovery mode alone wat can b done to dis??? can any one pls help it out>????

Tags
download, galaxy s4, mode, odin, recovery