Thanks Meter 1535
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Originally Posted by eljon
It's EU 512mB. I used to just flash ROM by cable with DAF, quick and easy, but this ROM has no exe file at all
Well, on your device I would strongly recommend
you consider using the DataOnEXT install method. Your device has limited memory (and likely some bad blocks) and you will have a truly difficult time getting it to work properly on a pure NAND installation of this ROM.
In order to use DataOnEXE you will have to partition your SD Card to have a FAT32 partition (first partition) and at least a 1 GB ext4 partition. Your card should be a Class 6 or at least a Class 4 card. There are detailed formatting instructions in one of the first three posts of the SD thread in my signature.
You will need to have CWM Recovery or TWRP installed in NAND. In order to install these you will require an 8 MB recovery partition (I suggest 10 MB for future growth). More on this in a moment.
There are several ways to install recovery. Since I don't know how your device is partitioned the following will partition and install CWM Recovery.
Please note that this will wipe the device completely!
Grab this file to start with:
dafexe_399.zip - 5.17 MB
Unzip the file into an empty folder on your PC.[/FONT]
This will create a 399MB system partition which is OK to use with DataOnEXT option but it is much too large for a pure NAND installation!! Edit the FLASH.CFG file in the folder you unzipped to to change partition sizes.
If you haven't yet, format your SD card as described in my SD thread - two partitions.
Copy the ROM you wish to flash to the FAT32 partition of the card.
- Power on (or reboot) the phone holding the power button to access magldr menu
- Select "USB Flasher" option
- Connect the phone to your PC with a USB cable
- Run DAF.exe from the folder you unzipped to and go through the 'installation' to set required partition layout (see flash.cfg file you extracted from zip). Thsi process will also install a version of CWM Recovery for you. If you made the partition 8-10 MB you will be able to flash other custom recoveris, such as TWRP.
- Reboot the phone holding the power button to access magldr menu
- Select option 8 and CWR Recovery will load
Now you can flash the ROM zip file by using install zip from sd card option (ROM has to be on sd card).
If I forgot something I apologize - it is late here and I need sleep...