Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

setcpu settings

OP stalked_r/t

30th July 2012, 01:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 15
 
246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
What are people using for their setCPU settings? I'm just now rooting and will be installing this to help with battery life. Unless for some reason this isn't necessary on the S3. It was essential on the S2 (in my opinion) to keep my battery life going longer.
30th July 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 15
 
246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
I'll start it off apparently!

Not messing with any governor, just the profiles.

Charging - CPU can run at 1512 max, 594 min - priority 100
Screen Off - CPU max of 594, min 384 - priority 99
Battery <80% - CPU max of 1242, min 594 - priority 80
Battery < 60% - CPU max of 810, min 384 - priority 60
Battery < 50% - CPU max of 594, min 384 - priority 50

No profile is exclusive
30th July 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
91 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalked_r/t

I'll start it off apparently!

Not messing with any governor, just the profiles.

Charging - CPU can run at 1512 max, 594 min - priority 100
Screen Off - CPU max of 594, min 384 - priority 99
Battery <80% - CPU max of 1242, min 594 - priority 80
Battery < 60% - CPU max of 810, min 384 - priority 60
Battery < 50% - CPU max of 594, min 384 - priority 50

No profile is exclusive

How well does it work if you're playing music and the screen is off?
30th July 2012, 07:30 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Schaumburg, IL
Thanks Meter: 5
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
More
I use 384 for both max & min when screen off and it works just fine for music player I have.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
30th July 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 15
 
246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
I don't have any music on my phone. I just use Pandora for everything, though i should probably put something on my phone.
30th July 2012, 09:20 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Hagerstown, MD
Thanks Meter: 4
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalked_r/t

I'll start it off apparently!

Not messing with any governor, just the profiles.

Charging - CPU can run at 1512 max, 594 min - priority 100
Screen Off - CPU max of 594, min 384 - priority 99
Battery <80% - CPU max of 1242, min 594 - priority 80
Battery < 60% - CPU max of 810, min 384 - priority 60
Battery < 50% - CPU max of 594, min 384 - priority 50

No profile is exclusive

What at are you using to set all this? Have you noticed any improvement in battery life of issues with apps running/ starting/ crashing??
30th July 2012, 09:45 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 15
 
246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnapier

What at are you using to set all this? Have you noticed any improvement in battery life of issues with apps running/ starting/ crashing??

I just set this up this morning and my phone has been sitting in my dock at work, so i can't say for sure about battery life. As for apps. I've not noticed a single problem. Again, I rooted my phone last night, so I don't have a ton of apps on my phone. Currently I have

Waze
Pandora
One More Clock
SetCPU
Betterbatterystats
MetroStation Icon Pack
Apex Launcher
NFC Task Launcher
Mynetdiary
Rom Manager Pro
Zedge.

Most of those are supporting apps. so it's hard to say if anything is flaking out yet. I'll slowly add more apps. I'm going to start a thread about known battery drain apps so we can start identifying those.
19th September 2012, 06:38 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
My Settings
Here are some settings I use that seem to work well for me. Id say these settings aren't the most conservative but they aren't battery hungry either. I didn't mess with any of the governors or voltages I just simply added these profiles to control my leankernel. Hope this helps! -Cheers

Screen Off
810 max
384 min
OnDemand
Priority 58

Charging
1900 max
384 min
OnDemand
Priority 54

Battery < 60
Condition Screen On
1026 max
384 min
OnDemand
Priority 53

Battery < 40
810 max
384 min
OnDemand
Priority 52

Gaming
Condition Screen On
1900 max
1026 min
OnDemand
Priority 57

Web
Condition Screen On
1512 max
1026 min
OnDemand
Priority 55

Default
1900 max
384 min
OnDemand
Dont click "make this profile exclusive"
*This gives you a default profile notification

[PHONE] Samsung Galaxy S III i535
[ROM] CM10 M1 9/11 w/ 7/26 GApps
[KERNEL] imo leankernel 0.13
[MODEM] I535VRLG7
[EXTRAS] turning heads with Google Wallet
21st June 2013, 09:15 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Flag Cypress,TX
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Set CPU
Do these settings still work good for you? I entered them into my SG3 so will see how it goes for the next few days. I am really looking for battery life more than anything.
thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by THISisTIG

Here are some settings I use that seem to work well for me. Id say these settings aren't the most conservative but they aren't battery hungry either. I didn't mess with any of the governors or voltages I just simply added these profiles to control my leankernel. Hope this helps! -Cheers

Screen Off
810 max
384 min
OnDemand
Priority 58

Charging
1900 max
384 min
OnDemand
Priority 54

Battery < 60
Condition Screen On
1026 max
384 min
OnDemand
Priority 53

Battery < 40
810 max
384 min
OnDemand
Priority 52

Gaming
Condition Screen On
1900 max
1026 min
OnDemand
Priority 57

Web
Condition Screen On
1512 max
1026 min
OnDemand
Priority 55

Default
1900 max
384 min
OnDemand
Dont click "make this profile exclusive"
*This gives you a default profile notification

[PHONE] Samsung Galaxy S III i535
[ROM] CM10 M1 9/11 w/ 7/26 GApps
[KERNEL] imo leankernel 0.13
[MODEM] I535VRLG7
[EXTRAS] turning heads with Google Wallet


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes