Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

NT's 12pin USB cable is unique?

OP ms2003

24th October 2012, 01:14 AM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 52

231 posts
Ok beyond the pointless banter about whether other cables work or not, If your nook is under warranty, you can go to the online chat at B&N's site and tell them you broke it and they will replace it after a few verification questions. I literally am typing this after having just done the above. The only caveat to this is that you might have to wait a bit, depending on how lucky you are, for a representative to start the chat. I think I had about a 10 min wait. I used that time wisely to address posts in the forum. haha
Last edited by SlowCobra96; 24th October 2012 at 01:16 AM.
28th October 2012, 10:50 AM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 8

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowCobra96

Ok beyond the pointless banter about whether other cables work or not, If your nook is under warranty, you can go to the online chat at B&N's site and tell them you broke it and they will replace it after a few verification questions. I literally am typing this after having just done the above. The only caveat to this is that you might have to wait a bit, depending on how lucky you are, for a representative to start the chat. I think I had about a 10 min wait. I used that time wisely to address posts in the forum. haha

Not sure about the chat thing but the general procedure has been described and confirmed a few pages before (in this thread). This might only work for canadian/us customers, though.
25th January 2013, 07:10 AM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Other 12pin USB Cable
My Nook is still under warranty and until now, B&N replaced the cables for free. Once the warranty expires, I will try to get another 12pin USB cable e. g. this one: http://www.amazon.com/HTC-DC-T500-Je...icro+usb+cable.
27th January 2013, 03:41 PM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 424

1,396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajotking

My Nook is still under warranty and until now, B&N replaced the cables for free. Once the warranty expires, I will try to get another 12pin USB cable e. g. this one: http://www.amazon.com/HTC-DC-T500-Je...icro+usb+cable.

Compatibility is determined not just by the number of pins but also the pins' function assignment and, in the case of the NT, the extra length of the metal plug for its extra pins. Without this extra length the cable you're considering at best will not be any better than any $1 standard micro-usb cable sold on ebay.
28th January 2013, 03:43 PM   |  #95  
Thanks Meter: 21

119 posts
I Busted my stock cable yesterday. the tablet fell off my couch and landed usb plug down and snapped all but 2 of the wires off of the usb connection.

at least the replacement cable is down to 15@B&N, i got 2, just in case.
other than that i have ~8 of the normal cables and can just use those after these 2 bust..figure in 2-4 years.
24th June 2013, 04:58 PM   |  #96  
Thanks Meter: 3

53 posts
My Nook Tablet (16GB) hasn't been used in a while and so the battery is totally depleted. I can't find the charging cable and the Tablet is out of warranty so it seems I'm SOL.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread