BeanStalk Build **Developers ONLY** - Support and Assistance Thread.
This thread has been opened to help avoid clutter in the original BeanStalk thread and to provide a centralized place to assist developers and porters with any issues they may be having with providing BeanStalk versions to their devices.
I will try my best to help out with any issue that is listed, but please remember that there are things that may be out of my control or things that im not aware of. I am hoping with creating a centralized thread for developmental discussion, other developers will also be able to assist when issues arise.
BeanStalk sources can be found HERE
Important build related Info and fixes:
BeanStalk builds will not be implementing any of the new cmparts code. Instead, BS will keep the old format with the advanced device settings options. This means that you need to make sure that your device repo has the advanced settings code available and you need to make sure you revert any changes that you pull from CM that are for the new cmparts... if you have the cmparts commits in your device repo, it will cause build errors since it wont be in the frameworks/settings repos.
If you are a current BeanStalk builder/maintainer: I currently was setup with a website thanks to a friend of mine and it is located at www.scotthartbti.com. The main point of me setting up a website is a way to centralize all the different beanstalk builds out there. So, what im going to need from you guys... Please email me at email@example.com, gtalk me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message me on xda with the device you build for and a link to where your zip files are located for download. I will then add a link to my website to your downloads.
So your interested in Building/Porting for another device?! Follow this guide! **Please make sure to give proper credits and Use the layout i have in the first post.**
- If you need assistance, please send me a PM, do NOT post questions in this thread. I may open a general porting/building thread in another section depending on how this goes. You must have some general experience/knowledge in this area to complete this. Building from Linux platforms. In particular Ubuntu 10.04
Setup to build - This section can be skipped if youve ever built anything before. This is for first time build setup.
1. From your root terminal location, type the following: sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
2. Type: mkdir ~/bin
3. Type: PATH=~/bin:$PATH
4. Type: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo
5. Type: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
1. type 'cd'. This will bring you to your root folder.
2. type 'mkdir beanstalk'. This will create a folder named beanstalk.
3. type 'cd beanstalk'. This will take you to the beanstalk directory created from previous step
4. type 'repo init -u git://github.com/scotthartbti/android.git -b cm-10.1'. This will setup the folders to be synced.
5. type 'repo sync'. This will sync the folders to your beanstalk directory. Note - This will take some time depending on internet connection. Be patient!
6. After the repo sync finally finishes, all you need to do is add your device, kernel, vendor specific files for the device you are building for. (You must know what these are, dont bother asking me if your not sure.)
7. Make sure all your device specific files are setup as if you were going to build for CM.
8. Outside of terminal, navigate to beanstalk/vendor/cm. Double click on the get-prebuilts file and select run in terminal. This will fetch necessary files needed to build and place them where they need to be.
9. Type '. build/envsetup.sh && brunch "device name"'
10. Previous step will start building beanstalk for your device. The process takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours depending on your computer.
11. Once completed, it will say package complete and you will have a beanstalk named zip file in your out folder.
Get BeanStalk!! Based off CM10.1 with TONS of features. Here
Get my rom "Inimitable V1.1" Here
Get ParanoidAndroid Port Here
Get AOKPCB Broccoli Port Here
You like JellyBeans? I got some right Here
If you like the above mentioned work, clicking thanks or donating to my rainy day fund by clicking here
is a great way to show it.