Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BeanStalk Build **Developers ONLY** - Support and Assistance Thread.

Tip us?

scott.hart.bti
Old
(Last edited by scott.hart.bti; 13th October 2013 at 08:03 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 16961

DONATE TO ME
Default BeanStalk Build **Developers ONLY** - Support and Assistance Thread.

This thread has been opened to help avoid clutter in the original BeanStalk thread and to provide a centralized place to assist developers and porters with any issues they may be having with providing BeanStalk versions to their devices.

I will try my best to help out with any issue that is listed, but please remember that there are things that may be out of my control or things that im not aware of. I am hoping with creating a centralized thread for developmental discussion, other developers will also be able to assist when issues arise.

BeanStalk sources can be found HERE

Important build related Info and fixes:
BeanStalk builds will not be implementing any of the new cmparts code. Instead, BS will keep the old format with the advanced device settings options. This means that you need to make sure that your device repo has the advanced settings code available and you need to make sure you revert any changes that you pull from CM that are for the new cmparts... if you have the cmparts commits in your device repo, it will cause build errors since it wont be in the frameworks/settings repos.

If you are a current BeanStalk builder/maintainer: I currently was setup with a website thanks to a friend of mine and it is located at www.scotthartbti.com. The main point of me setting up a website is a way to centralize all the different beanstalk builds out there. So, what im going to need from you guys... Please email me at scott.hart.bti@gmail.com, gtalk me at scott.hart.bti@gmail.com, or message me on xda with the device you build for and a link to where your zip files are located for download. I will then add a link to my website to your downloads.

So your interested in Building/Porting for another device?! Follow this guide! **Please make sure to give proper credits and Use the layout i have in the first post.** - If you need assistance, please send me a PM, do NOT post questions in this thread. I may open a general porting/building thread in another section depending on how this goes. You must have some general experience/knowledge in this area to complete this. Building from Linux platforms. In particular Ubuntu 10.04

Setup to build - This section can be skipped if youve ever built anything before. This is for first time build setup.
1. From your root terminal location, type the following: sudo apt-get install curl git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
2. Type: mkdir ~/bin
3. Type: PATH=~/bin:$PATH
4. Type: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
5. Type: chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

From terminal
1. type 'cd'. This will bring you to your root folder.
2. type 'mkdir beanstalk'. This will create a folder named beanstalk.
3. type 'cd beanstalk'. This will take you to the beanstalk directory created from previous step
4. type 'repo init -u git://github.com/scotthartbti/android.git -b cm-10.1'. This will setup the folders to be synced.
5. type 'repo sync'. This will sync the folders to your beanstalk directory. Note - This will take some time depending on internet connection. Be patient!
6. After the repo sync finally finishes, all you need to do is add your device, kernel, vendor specific files for the device you are building for. (You must know what these are, dont bother asking me if your not sure.)
7. Make sure all your device specific files are setup as if you were going to build for CM.
8. Outside of terminal, navigate to beanstalk/vendor/cm. Double click on the get-prebuilts file and select run in terminal. This will fetch necessary files needed to build and place them where they need to be.
9. Type '. build/envsetup.sh && brunch "device name"'
10. Previous step will start building beanstalk for your device. The process takes anywhere from 1 - 3 hours depending on your computer.
11. Once completed, it will say package complete and you will have a beanstalk named zip file in your out folder.
Get BeanStalk!! Based off CM10.1 with TONS of features. Here
Get my rom "Inimitable V1.1" Here
Get ParanoidAndroid Port Here
Get AOKPCB Broccoli Port Here
You like JellyBeans? I got some right Here

If you like the above mentioned work, clicking thanks or donating to my rainy day fund by clicking here is a great way to show it.

The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to scott.hart.bti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

willl03
Old
(Last edited by willl03; 26th June 2013 at 04:54 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott.hart.bti View Post
Honestly... Unfortunately there isnt an EASY way. Basically... Just need to watch what we pull into our source files and if you get a build error, check out the CM side of things... Chances are it was an addition on the CM end that was not added to the Beanstalk side of things yet... In this latest case, CM added the privacy guard to their frameworks/settings/browser/contactsprovider/telephonyprovider... We use the telephonyprovider and browser directly from their repo... So it was kind of impossible to avoid issues until I was able to add in the necessary changes to the other repos... Which i have done so now so we are good to go.
Thanks man,

I read that when I managed to get a working build, good experience for the future

I reverted the privacy guard in

Browser
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...17d363e20b9984

CalendarProvider
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...d3aa3f5aa0e5e2

TelephonyProvider
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...46fee2040f4b69

Good thing it should be fixed for easy building now
*W03 Slim, the clean AOSP*
For T-Mobile Note 3
For AT&T Note 2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willl03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scott.hart.bti
Old
(Last edited by scott.hart.bti; 26th June 2013 at 04:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16961

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by willl03 View Post
Thanks man,

I read that when I managed to get a working build, good experience for the future

I reverted the privacy guard in

Browser
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...17d363e20b9984

CalendarProvider
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...d3aa3f5aa0e5e2

TelephonyProvider
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...46fee2040f4b69

Good thing it's fixed for easy building now
Yea... Most of the time you just need to keep an eye out on the commits device/kernel side, but this was a rare case where there was a CM change that expanded across numerous packages.... Maybe i just need to be quicker with adding in all the changes.. Ha.

Only other alternative i could use would be to add EVERY entity to the BeanStalk repo and manually add every change... but since im only one person and not a team of numerous people, that would literally take FOREVER... I am sure i can find a script to help take care of things quicker, but still...

If you like the above mentioned work, clicking thanks or donating to my rainy day fund by clicking here is a great way to show it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scott.hart.bti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndroidSlave
Old
Thanks Meter 4126
Thanks Scott. Glad to see this. No issues so far on the N7000 with the latest build.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidSlave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scott.hart.bti
Old
Thanks Meter 16961

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asf58967 View Post
Thanks Scott. Glad to see this. No issues so far on the N7000 with the latest build.
Glad to hear! I should have done this a WHILE ago, but havent had much free time... My son is due in a little less then a month now... I can only imagine how hard its going to be to find time then.... I get no sleep now as it is... Some fun times ahead... lol.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scott.hart.bti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

willl03
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yea... Most of the time you just need to keep an eye out on the commits device/kernel side, but this was a rare case where there was a CM change that expanded across numerous packages.... Maybe i just need to be quicker with adding in all the changes.. Ha.

Only other alternative i could use would be to add EVERY entity to the BeanStalk repo and manually add every change... but since im only one person and not a team of numerous people, that would literally take FOREVER.
There is one last think I keep having to revert when I build

The gps for my device, since it was moved and updated with some new code from my device specific repo to my device qcom common repo, I have to revert all gps related changes in thrse two repos in the last month to get it working on beanstalk

You fixed a similar issue when we had trouble with samsung phones telephony fc'ing with a simple merge from CM, I don't know if it is possible for you to do a similar merge to get our gps working out of the box

Thank you for creating the ultimate rom out there!

Sent from my ATARI-JAGUAR using 64bit Mathematics

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Glad to hear! I should have done this a WHILE ago, but havent had much free time... My son is due in a little less then a month now... I can only imagine how hard its going to be to find time then.... I get no sleep now as it is... Some fun times ahead... lol.
Hehe good luck!

Sent from my ATARI-JAGUAR using 64bit Mathematics
For T-Mobile Note 3
For AT&T Note 2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willl03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisc93
Old
Thanks Meter 972

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I figured I'd pop in and say all is good with the galaxy s4. Just like old times on the Infuse..only now with a quad core beast.

And Scott, best of luck with your son!
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisc93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

willl03
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5953

DONATE TO ME
I have a very minor issue with BeanStalk since I started building it,

Chrome browser and the others based on it's engine have no momentum in scroll. As soon as you take your finger off it stops scrolling completly, no scrolling continuity

Is it specific to my device build of beanstalk or it's also true for you
For T-Mobile Note 3
For AT&T Note 2

chrisc93
Old
Thanks Meter 972

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Chrome browser and the others based on it's engine have no momentum in scroll. As soon as you take your finger off it stops scrolling completly, no scrolling continuity

It happens on my build too. Never really looked into it, but it is a little annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisc93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scott.hart.bti
Old
Thanks Meter 16961

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Ill look into it... Since its only happening with Chrome based browsers, id have to think its an issue on that end of things... but ill see what i can find.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scott.hart.bti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]