Frequently Asked Question
During installation of our Rom you can present difficulties. Often they are the same and identical are solutions.
For this reason I group here most common issues with most appropriate solutions: all tested and working.
PLEASE READ THESE LINES CAREFULLY BEFORE POST QUESTIONS THAT HAVE ALREADY HERE 'FOUND REPLY
1. Why 'install in "My Storage"?
'Cause it's 5 times more' fast!
Here's how: Copy files haret.exe, startup.txt and zImage in the Root of My Storage, the 2-Gb or 8 Gb.
2. Can I install in external MicroSD?
Recently many users have done: must comply with these conditions:
-Microsd must be at least class 10
File startup.txt-line [Set CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk1p6 init = / init"] should be changed as follows: Set CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk0p2 init = / init"
-File haret.exe, startup.txt and zImage must be copied on the external MicroSD
3. WinMobile is cleared or noised by Android installation?
Android does not cause, any "noise" to the Windows Mobile operating system installed natively on the phone. It will continue to work regularly: in fact we will have a phone with two operating systems fully functional.
4. What should I do just installed Android?
As soon as the phone has started completely must restart your phone to avoid any problems
5. Why on first boot phone remains locked on Android on Omnia II loading?
a) Can 'have damaged some files in decompression: REINSTALL ALWAYS REPLACE ON ANY FAILURE
b) There may be some corrupt files in download: trying to re-download rom.
c) There may be a problem on disk address. The kernel has booted, the phone can not find the operating system and crashes.
In this case, proceed as follows:
-write disk address ext4 under Ubuntu
("disk") and change startup.txt
(ONLY WITH NOTEPAD + +!!):
for example, if ext4 partition under Ubuntu is dev/sdb6 change the value: root = / dev/mmcblk1p6 init = / init "boot
6. If Ubuntu identifies the ext4 partition (disk) as / dev/sdc6 "(and not / dev/sdb6)" What should I do?
Open the file startup.txt and edit it as the "code" that appears in the format window under ubuntu:
change the last line of the file Startup set CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk1p6 init = / init" boot ----> mmcblk2p6.
7. What is the file startup.txt?
The file contains the parameters address of Android system.
The line we are interested in is the following: "Set CMDLINE" rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk1p6 init = / init "
" is number disc (if you have inserted a microSD the value must be "1" if it is not inserted must be "0").
" is number partition "disk" (in most cases, by partitioning "disk" with MiniTool, is assigned the number 6 to the Linux partition).
If after installation, the phone hangs on Android on Omnia II Loading, 99% one or both of the values mentioned above are incorrect.
In most cases, if you install with microSD inserted, values to be inserted are "mmcblk1p6.
If problems occur the reason is constituted by 'physical address that has been assigned to the partition "disk", in which case we need to understand which the partition number your computer has assigned to "disk". To do this, just to see, when you format under ubuntu, on the top bar of the window formatting: here a code appears "sdbX
" where X
is the partition number: record it and edit it in the line of reported
8. For other installations have to repartition and format all over again?
No: once done partitioning procedure, next time that you install a future release of the rom, just install the image. TBI, with "ImageForWindows", without touching the partitions.
9. How can I replace the kernel?
Just copy the zImage in "My Storage" and "Storage", and start Android.
10. Why Image for Windows does not work?
You must set date pc on September 2011 (or 2010)
11. To install any update of Rom need to do the whole process all over again or just replace some files?
It should make the whole process all over again.
The kernel can be replaced individually, but the modded if copied at a later time inhibit the free wi-fi. You should clean the cache, delete a file .conf and anyway rom would be unstable.
12. My Omnia 8GB is: how should be large partitions?
Configuration tested and running on Omnia 8Gb (Credits to Lagunostrum):
1) 1st Partition FAT32, 6390 mb, Logical
2) 2nd partition 1250 mb EXT4, Logical
3) 3rd Linux swap partition 196 Logical
13. Can I increase size of Linux swap partition?
Many developers recommend not to exceed a size of 250 MB
for partition in question: that instead of increasing the performance to slow down greatly.
14. Why I do not read anymore the external microSD?
For those who have problems with the microSD: Make sure that the SD is working and that is formatted Fat32 Primary and Active
. use SDFormatter
15. How can I access the phone as a USB memory?
You have to go in Settings \ Applications \ Development
and remove the flag on Debug USB
16. Why, despite having removed flag on usb debugging phone is not recognized as USB storage?
-First of all, try restarting your computer and phone
- If this is not enough the solution is the following:
under Windows, you can go to the "Computer Management
", then "Disk Management
" and there if Android appears without a letter assigned, assign one with the right button
, "Change Drive Letter and Paths" and you're done
-Check if you are corrupt drivers of the phone and possibly reinstall
17. Why phone does not wake up after the screen is turned off?
Often it is sufficient to press the awakening and even if the screen does not light up, wait a few more seconds and everything will fall into place.
18. How does hardware buttons work?
HARDWARE KEYS WORKS LIKE ON WINDOWS MOBILE
19. Satellites Fix needs thirdy part application?
No, works perfectly by itself: the first fix is slow (takes several minutes), the following are faster (a few seconds)
20. Why the time is not exact and is always back an hour?
This problem can be solved permanently under WinMobile setting time zone of London / Dublin
(with Italian correct time) and under Android time will be ok
21. If one day I do not want more android how do I delete it and only have windows?
Just delete the ext4 partition and expand the fat32 partition to the whole disk.
21. How should I set the Bluetooth?
1) make visible
2) under the heading "discoverable duration" set "infinite
3) under "discoverable timeout" set "2 minute
4) searches for available devices and match