Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,145 Members 36,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

JTAG pinouts

Tip us?

jefffeely
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138

DONATE TO ME
Default JTAG pinouts

Do we have the JTAG pinouts anywhere? I've spent the past couple hours searching and couldn't find anything. I'm just going to sit down and randomly test tomorrow, but it would be nice not to have to.

jefffeely
Old
(Last edited by jefffeely; 3rd May 2012 at 05:34 AM.) Reason: fixed my asshattedness
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138

DONATE TO ME
I said something useless here.

krelvinaz
Old
Thanks Meter 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffeely View Post
Don't everyone answer at once...
Hmmmmm... according to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffeely View Post
I've spent the past couple hours searching and couldn't find anything.
Which might simply mean that nobody has documented it yet.
Phone: TMobile - Samsung SM-900T Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Rooted/Stock - QI Wireless
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012) 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.4.4 w/TWRP Recovery
Droid Like Devices: Several ChromeCasts, Amazon Fire TV (rooted)
Link: ReZoundn EVO 4g LTE and HTC Droid DNA Splash Screen Web Generator

domitian
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Jtag, does that mean a hardware solution for flashing directly to the phone? If so that would be a solution to my problem. If this is what it is, good luck

xdadevnube
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I suspect that there is, but I don't know of any in particular. I will surf the Web when I get a chance. I wonder if this would allow for an unbrickable mod

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

tryest
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Red face JTAG Pinouts

JTAG pinouts are a IEEE 1149 standard. you want to use it for flash programming or CPU emulation?
As a edumacated EE Propeller Head I can build some a$$ kicking hardware; without GREAT DEV's it aint $hit. M8, Nexus 7 (2013), ASUS TF701, Xoom, 42 other cell phones sitting in bottom desk drawer.:.
The Following User Says Thank You to tryest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jefffeely
Old
(Last edited by jefffeely; 3rd May 2012 at 05:34 AM.) Reason: added a little more detail
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryest View Post
JTAG pinouts are a IEEE 1149 standard. you want to use it for flash programming or CPU emulation?
Sorry I was an ass earlier in the thread.

I am looking for flash programming, console output, and disaster recovery.

To clarify my question. I'm trying to figure out which of the hundred or so pads available on the Rezound are the jtag pads. Actually I'd be happy with any uart.

disclaimer: I am new to all this and learning as I go along.

This is the location of what I think is most likely what I am looking for so far:

I didn't realize the pads were there hiding behind the ribbon cable when I was taking the pictures and then when I was testing them later I forgot to get a fresh pic with the ribbon removed. They basically look like:

but on the opposite side of the phone.

If they are ARM-20 jtag pinouts then here are the pad names and measured voltages (question marks till I know for sure what they are):

Code:
1.  vref? 	| 	1.8/1.27/0
2.  nTRST? 	| 	0.0
3.  TDI?	| 	1.63/.87/1.15/0
4.  TMS? 	| 	1.63/.87/1.15/0
5.  TCK? 	| 	1.63/.87/1.15/0
6.  TRCK? 	| 	0.04/0
7.  TDO? 	| 	0.04/0
8.  NSRST? 	| 	1.71/0
9.  DBGRQ? 	| 	0.0
10. DGBACK? 	| 	0.0
I kept my multimeter on each tab for about a minute each. If there is more than one listed it is because they were cycling. I'm sure there are other intermediate states, but I have a very slow multimeter )=

For reference's sake here are a couple definitions:
Code:
  1. vRef Reference voltage – used to condition voltage level of Vsupply.
  2. nTRST JTAG TAP Reset
  3. TDI JTAG Test Data Input line
  4. TMS JTAG Test Data Output line
  5. TCK JTAG Test Clock, controls communication independently from the system clock.
  6. TDO JTAG Test Data Output line
  7. RTCK Returned Test Clock – used for adaptive clocking (supported on CTM and USB2/JTAG. *Note that not all ARM based MCUs implement this signal.
  8. nSRST Target System Reset
  9. DBGRQ Debug request.
  10. DBGACK Debug acknowledge

I'll be interfacing what ever I come up with using an Arduino. My primary desire is to get console output so I can debug hboot and kernel during boot. The kernel's default console is ttyHSL3. In addition to this UART 3 is available for debugging. I'll be happy with what ever I can get working. There should also be an SPI interface, and a program called ser2net (hosts serial console to network). I haven't been able to get ser2net working though.

shamaner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Storage Hi, im looking for my HTC ONE S (z520m - S4 cpu) jtag pinout (for use riff box).

Hi, im looking for my HTC ONE S (z520m - S4 cpu) jtag pinout (for use riff box).
pls help me