Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

[Q] Huawei Ascend Y300 - Notification LED

11th June 2013, 10:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi,

I've recently picked up this great budget android phone and am very happy with it so far. Only problem is I can't get the notification LED to notify me of SMS, gmail, etc. It definitely exists because it lights up for charging but doesn't seem to light up/flash for any other event, which makes it hard to know if you have received anything without specifically checking.

Is this normal behaviour? Can I change it easily? I've not rooted the phone and would prefer not to, but will if it is safe and will fix this.

Thanks in advance!
12th June 2013, 01:03 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Tried factory reset, and root. neither has changed anything

HELP!
2nd July 2013, 07:32 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
I noticed the same thing with mine. I'm thinking its not actually a notification led but simply a charging led. You could try an led notification app from the play store and see if it will operate it.

*correction it is notification led. Skype and viber are flashing the led on mine.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Tomass0; 3rd July 2013 at 12:59 AM.
13th August 2013, 06:05 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

47 posts
More
I have the same. I read on many forums that the notification led from their Y300 is working. Mine at the moment only is on when charging battery.

I wonder how to get this to work...
17th November 2013, 05:00 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 65

586 posts
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaky9973

I have the same. I read on many forums that the notification led from their Y300 is working. Mine at the moment only is on when charging battery.

I wonder how to get this to work...

I bought the phone a few days back. After running a few days on stock I flashed cm 10.2(android 4.3) in the cm settings I had the options for notifications. On the stock rom it didnt work but on cm it works like a charm. The ui is much better them emotion ui plus alot faster.
28th November 2013, 12:10 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Hi guys, update: I found that Light Flow app can control the LED and you can then set the notification behaviour for sms, calendar, etc etc. You do need to play with the settings, I can't remember exactly but i think it needs "direct mode" of control and various other tweaks to start working...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei, led, notification, y300
Previous Thread Next Thread