Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Firmware Updating I9505 ?

OP paddy01

30th June 2013, 12:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
hi,

I have a Samsung I9505 running
(*#1234*)
AP: i9505XXUAME2
CP: I9505XXUAME2
CSC: I9505OXXAMDB
and according to "CSC Changer" I get that the CSC is NEE.

From reading various threads NEE is "Finland" but I bough my phone in Sweden!? doesn't matter much I guess but still ...

As I've rooted this phone and for some reason it wont allow OTA update as it thinks it is "custom" even tho running "Triangle Away" that says flash counter is 0 and Official and download mode saying it's Official.

Well ether way

The question I have is, can I use pre-rooted firmware with the correct CFC file ? or should I run the official firmware for the NEE (Finland) region and re-root it with CF-Root ?

I have tried searching though the various threads but can't find a clear response to this.

Happy for reponds.
30th June 2013, 12:55 PM   |  #2  
HS™'s Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,291
 
2,076 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy01

hi,

I have a Samsung I9505 running
(*#1234*)
AP: i9505XXUAME2
CP: I9505XXUAME2
CSC: I9505OXXAMDB
and according to "CSC Changer" I get that the CSC is NEE.

From reading various threads NEE is "Finland" but I bough my phone in Sweden!? doesn't matter much I guess but still ...

As I've rooted this phone and for some reason it wont allow OTA update as it thinks it is "custom" even tho running "Triangle Away" that says flash counter is 0 and Official and download mode saying it's Official.

Well ether way

The question I have is, can I use pre-rooted firmware with the correct CFC file ? or should I run the official firmware for the NEE (Finland) region and re-root it with CF-Root ?

I have tried searching though the various threads but can't find a clear response to this.

Happy for reponds.



Or should I run the official firmware for the NEE (Finland) region and re-root it with CF-Root ?

Above option by u is a good option my friend
The Following User Says Thank You to HS™ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2013, 05:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Hm something wierd seem to have happen to my phone.. after updating to the latest NEE firmware I seem to have no CSC anylonger? Nether *#1234# nor CSC Changer says anything about CSC ?
3rd July 2013, 06:10 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy01

Hm something wierd seem to have happen to my phone.. after updating to the latest NEE firmware I seem to have no CSC anylonger? Nether *#1234# nor CSC Changer says anything about CSC ?

NEE is product code for Nordic Countries.
did you make the wipe after flashing?
connect to Kies and tells what about firmware.
if nothing, reflash firmware
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samersh72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2013, 07:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by samersh72

NEE is product code for Nordic Countries.
did you make the wipe after flashing?
connect to Kies and tells what about firmware.
if nothing, reflash firmware

Yes, that is what is was from the begining so I thought it would be best to continue on that path.
I have not wiped anything except dalvik, yet ?
I'll Kies when I get to a comp with that installed.
3rd July 2013, 08:16 PM   |  #6  
MichelN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
423 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy01

Hm something wierd seem to have happen to my phone.. after updating to the latest NEE firmware I seem to have no CSC anylonger? Nether *#1234# nor CSC Changer says anything about CSC ?

Factory reset and flash the full rom with odin and select csc instead of pda. This should fix you issue

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6574
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6590
Last edited by MichelN; 3rd July 2013 at 08:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MichelN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2013, 09:45 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelN

Factory reset and flash the full rom with odin and select csc instead of pda. This should fix you issue

Hoped to bypass factory reset .. such a hassle to reinstall/restore everything.
Can't I just reflash CSC and nothing else ?
3rd July 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #8  
MichelN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
423 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy01

Hoped to bypass factory reset .. such a hassle to reinstall/restore everything.
Can't I just reflash CSC and nothing else ?

It will work but i always recommand to do a reset to make things sure.
7th July 2013, 01:58 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelN

It will work but i always recommand to do a reset to make things sure.

Well were using Mobile Odin to flash the firmware so gonna try do a normal odin flash on the CSC alone and see if that fixes the issue.
Nothing seem to be malfunctioning but still annoying ..

Will see what happens after flashing CSC with Odin.

Just a question - is it possible to flash only the CSC with Heimdal ? not familiar with Heimdal but I do prefer running stuff from linux..

found no reason to do a new post so this is my result.

After flashing the same FW as CSC I got back my CSC code but it appears to have flashed everything, system-recovery-hidden and so forth.

Got a new issue though... mobile odin no longer recongizes my device.. oh well.. close enough

So after re-rooting, re-flashing recovery and triangle away binary count I seem to be back in working order with the following as *#1234#
AP: I9505XXUBMF5
CP: I9505XXUBMF
CSC: I9505OXXBMF2
and CSC Changer says my current CSC is: NEE
Last edited by paddy01; 7th July 2013 at 03:00 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes