Software Uptdare 07/09/13

Search This thread

movielover76

Jan 3, 2011
Cherry Hill, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Poor bastards

I'm getting my popcorn and waiting for the river of tears to start flowing..."Guys, I accidentally took the OTA, what do I do now?"

or the ever so hilarious, my girlfriend / kids / someone else took the update on my phone and it wasn't my fault, what can I do......

Of course, it depends on if LOKI was patched or not, it still might be possible to ODIN back to MDL, but we won't know until someone has to try.

Me too, root method is already known to be patched and they updated various boot files, I know we don't 100% know yet, but I'd be willing to bet money that even when root is achieved again, we will find the loki exploit we use to install custom roms has been patched, and that locked bootloader is a much bigger problem than root.
I'm on cleanrom with any OTA processes frozen just incase, so I'm watching the show.

Last edited:

Jodicus6645

May 7, 2013
Tried to warn my friends but one of them he isn't sure if his updated or not early this morning what's the software number that he can compare to to make sure or not? Not android obviously its still 4.2.2

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Tried to warn my friends but one of them he isn't sure if his updated or not early this morning what's the software number that he can compare to to make sure or not? Not android obviously its still 4.2.2

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

The CSC file says I337ATTAMF3

and the update script says I337UCUAMF3

Last edited:

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
You are correct - it's usually a good idea to hold off on taking any OTA updates before knowing what they do. To keep from getting OTA updates, use something like Titanium backup to freeze or otherwise disable three specific apps:

The post after yours here, the guy didn't even listen, oh well.

he is all happy he can move apps to the extsdcard. What ever floats your boat.

Aou

Aug 4, 2008
Arizona
Okay, I'm starting to get brave with this patch. I pulled it apart further, removing most of the patch except the build.prop part. I didn't let it patch my actual build.prop, but I let it patch a dummy copy of it. Attached is my before & after!

Next up, I'm going to try to flash my modem only.

Attachments

• build.prop.I337UCUAMDL.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 39
  • build.prop.I337UCUAMF3.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 56
J

jetlitheone

Okay, I'm starting to get brave with this patch. I pulled it apart further, removing most of the patch except the build.prop part. I didn't let it patch my actual build.prop, but I let it patch a dummy copy of it. Attached is my before & after!

Next up, I'm going to try to flash my modem only.

Nothing different at all really.

analyzed it all.

the build is from june 5th which leads me to believe that its the mf8 international has had. I don't think they patched loki but I could be wrong.

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
That's what I was noticing. Nothing changed except build numbers, dates, and details, essentially.

Could be a fake, meaning made to look as if it don't. Can that be done?

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I second this, @iB4STiD did a great job, GOLDENEYE is very snappy.

He's the man. Thanks for the quick response.

Does not effect me, I do not do updates, I run other peoples roms...:)

J

jetlitheone

Could be a fake, meaning made to look as if it don't. Can that be done?

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

He's the man. Thanks for the quick response.

Does not effect me, I do not do updates, I run other peoples roms...:)

They could fake it but build.prop doesn't really ever change much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Aou

Aug 4, 2008
Arizona
Well, I screwed it up now. :p

I let it patch my MDM modem, my NON-HLOS modem, and my RPM partition.

I now have no sound, at all. >_<

I flashed the RPM.mdn from the MDL update, still no sound.
I flashed the MDL modem package from the forums here, still no sound.

Any suggestions before I take more drastic measures?

WoodburyMan

Jun 7, 2011
Connecticut
Well, I screwed it up now. :p

I let it patch my MDM modem, my NON-HLOS modem, and my RPM partition.

I now have no sound, at all. >_<

I flashed the RPM.mdn from the MDL update, still no sound.
I flashed the MDL modem package from the forums here, still no sound.

Any suggestions before I take more drastic measures?

Full MDL flash via Odin? Then factory reset from stock recovery to wipe Data partition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Taken straight from \cache\fota\2400258.cfg, here is the I337UCUAMF3 OTA update:

http://d-h.st/vBt

Simply rename the file with a .zip extension to open it.

If someone would like to mirror this to a more permanent location, that would be appreciated.

EDIT: Uploaded to Dev-Host, so link has changed.
    Taken straight from \cache\fota\2400258.cfg, here is the I337UCUAMF3 OTA update:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46129395/2400258.cfg

Simply rename the file with a .zip extension to open it.

If someone would like to mirror this to a more permanent location, that would be appreciated.

I was able to make full stock rooted ROM of MF3 from this....

Thanks again for posting it. I will post a stock rooted ROM in about 2 hours... Slow ass upload speeds, lol

ATT%20Update.png

Everyone should thank that dudes post! He hooked us up PROPER!
    Here's a flashable zip of the MF3 modem ONLY. The zip should work, but I can't attest to the anything that may happen to your device as a result of the new modem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?67m2wlhukg7c8vj

Gonna assume everyone has the common sense to read through this thread BEFORE flashing, as this kind of stuff can mess up your phone pretty bad if done wrong.
    Nothing is "uncrackable", people. There might be some misunderstanding here about what it means to blow a qfuse/efuse. It's been stated around the forums plenty of times before, but usually only deep within Dev conversations about hacking bootloaders, etc.

If I'm wrong in any of this, please feel free to correct me (that's what the internet is for, right?).

It's simple - an e-fuse is designed to do one thing: increment. When the bootloader is flashed to a new major version (often correcting numerous exploits, along with some bug fixing or improvements), the manufacturer or carrier will often decide they don't want anyone going back to earlier versions. In the case of the S4 with KNOX expectations of security, this makes total sense (how could a government agency or large corporation guarantee that their employees are not rooting their phones and bypassing security measures set in place by the company? Or even malware that applies the root exploit for itself?).

When the newer firmware is flashed, the e-fuse gets incremented (to a "2" in this case, it appears). Any firmware with a "1" will be refused by Odin on the phone. These e-fuses are again designed to only increment, never decrement - meaning if you're at a "2", there's no hope that you can ever get your e-fuse back to a "1" again.

In terms of hacking, bootloaders, root, etc.: This just means that whatever exploits and bug fixes have been made are now permanent. That doesn't mean that new exploits cannot be made.

One of the biggest questions I will have: Does the refusal to apply an older firmware (through Odin) also imply the refusal to boot said firmware (if somehow loaded by another means - via dd or JTAG for example)?

I'm hoping to find out sometime this week.

EDIT/ADD:

And yes, jeboo is correct. They could always release a new firmware, and increment the e-fuse again to a "3" whilst still unlocking the bootloaders. The bootloaders are only "locked" because they are currently programmed not to load "whatever we want". Just remember the chain:
    PBL -> SBL1 -> SBL2 -> SBL3 -> ABOOT. The PBL is physical and can't be changed without hardware modification. But the rest of those can be changed. Usually custom bootloaders would be loaded in the later stages (aboot for example). But with sbl2 and sbl3 checking for signatures and such, there's no hope to do this without bricking instantly. If AT&T were to push an unlocked version of SBL2 and SBL3 in a future patch, these new pieces of the bootloader could be designed to be successfully loaded by PBL/SB1, but also not check for signatures on ABOOT.
    Update on neutered OTA:

Complete! Uploading shortly. I will be starting a new thread with a full write-up on how to install MF3 on your own device while keeping your current recovery and rooting the new MF3. Also, I've zipped up my modified MF3 SecSettings.apk to remove SysScope. That means you'll have the option to get MF3 without the "Custom" status or logo. ;)

(To those wondering if it is possible to root the new MF3 if you were forced to get it, I cannot help you, I'm sorry. The method involves simply flashing a zip from recovery. If you've taken the full, unaltered MF3 OTA update, you will notice you no longer have a custom recovery!)

I need to go upload a lot of files and finish the write-up. Once complete, I'll run my device through the instructions one last time as a final test.

As usual, "Stay tuned." I'll post a link her ein this thread to the new thread when it is created. ;)